Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Appalling, diabolical, f*** me give him a chance.

here, clown, can you read?

f*** off. I saw you put he got better but what kind of retard uses words like that when it's obvious he's finding his feet. No way was he either of those at any point anyway.

"looked diabolical in the first few minutes, made some appalling challenges and mistakes...after, say, 15 mins never noticed him again (which is a great compliment for a defender)

quality, an amazingly fast adaptation to the PL"

there it is again for you mate, i ask again though?  can you read?

Using the word diabolical to describe his start is just way over the top. Get real and do it again.

watch it again, he was all over the place, he really was - he hacked down a man u player 2 yds outside the box within 2 minutes and if they had one of their better players on the pitch we might have been one down then

piss poor that a couple of clowns are picking me up on vocab for what was a totally positive post, amazing

Guest sicko2ndbest

Did well today, but Taylor was the outstanding centre half

Col - 7

Tayls - 8 - credit where credits due!

I just hate how that Cambell dude tackled Colo from behind, an awfull injury tackle.

He got the yellow but thats the sort of tackle the refs need to get out the game.

yeah, i said to the turkish waiter standing next to me that was a very, very bad tackle

he brought me another raki!

;)

Col - 7

shame he was pussying about on the side lines with a nothing injury when manure got the equaliser. Would be a great addition to the west end.

Col - 7

shame he was pussying about on the side lines with a nothing injury when manure got the equaliser. Would be a great addition to the west end.

U taking the piss? Didnt u see Oba fall on him? Martins scored the goal and landed on Taylors head.

I think he only really showed his quality once in the game, there was a high looping ball into the box with not much pace into the area which you'd expect others to struggle to clear, Colo stood his ground perfectly underneath the ball, and produced a powerful looping header to about 35 yards out, played at a spped and angle which would make it difficult for a Manyoo player to deal with on the follow up.

There were a few moments that can be put down as shaky, and the press/other fans would have had a field day had Manchester United scored, but they didn't, and he never made the same mistake twice, it was clear that he had been given a real baptism of fire, and the longer the game went on, the better he looked.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This was:

1) His first match for his new team

2) His first match in a new country

3) His first match of the season - no pre season games at all

On the whole a very very good debut

I was really worried after the 1st few minutes, I thought he looked shaky and I could imagine the amount of stick he would get if that kind of performance carried through but after that he looked pretty solid. Can't wait until he settles fully. Another plus was that Taylor looked very good yesterday.

Overall impressed by the whole team. If we can beat Bolton and take a point from Arsenal then I will be a very happy man.

His start was a bit shaky, but that was to be expected.

Liked the fact that he wouldn't let his man go beyond him, even if that meant bringing him down, better to defend the free kick than let the striker through on goal.

And, also thought he looked to be the leader we badly need at the back, despite the probable language barrier, he was telling the other three where to go/position themselves, and this is exactly what Taylor needs to take him to the next level.

Really have good feelings about Taylor and Coloccini as a partnership. KK talking today about how they could be playing beside each other for the next 5 years. Would be great if that could happen.

Also had occured to me that we have finally got a class centre back who has enough leadership characteristics to be captain. If Owen goes......