Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Coloccini has shown great ability AND he has adapted very quickly to the pace of the Prem considering the lack of time spent with the squad pre-season; looks a great defender, esp in his reading of the game - as with all class CBs, he always seems to have time to deal with problems but he MAY get caught out for pace against the quickest forwards ; we won't know until we come up against the likes of Torres etc, but so far a most impressive signing and looks great value-for-money.

STEVEN Taylor says he is already talking the same language as his new defensive partner Fabricio Coloccini on the pitch.

The pair kept their first clean sheet in only their second game together in Saturday's 1-0 win over Bolton Wanderers at St James's Park.

Coloccini does not speak English, but Taylor – who uses the Argentine's countryman Jonas Gutierrez as a translator in the dressing room –

believes the pair are letting their feet to the talking on the pitch.

Taylor told the Gazette: "I thought defensively we did OK through the game. Fabricio watches my back, and I watch his. Basically, we just try to keep it tight.

"Defensively, the club has always got a lot of stick over the years, but we're getting a good little partnership going, and long may that continue."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Language-barrier-no-problem-for.4423573.jp

Why is Taylor speaking as if he's a decent defender?

Taylor self-congratulatory? Never!

I hear Taylor is going to wear a different squad number this week, as he is retiring his old one in honour of his performance.

I hear Taylor is going to wear a different squad number this week, as he is retiring his old one in honour of his performance.

To be fair, it was a good save - that shot was going in!

Should have been sent off then shouldn't he?

The penalty was for the first hand ball.

STEVEN Taylor says he is already talking the same language as his new defensive partner Fabricio Coloccini on the pitch.

The pair kept their first clean sheet in only their second game together in Saturday's 1-0 win over Bolton Wanderers at St James's Park.

Coloccini does not speak English, but Taylor – who uses the Argentine's countryman Jonas Gutierrez as a translator in the dressing room –

Taylor told the Gazette: "I thought defensively we did OK through the game. Fabricio watches my back, and I watch his. Basically, we just try to keep it tight.

"Defensively, the club has always got a lot of stick over the years, but we're getting a good little partnership going, and long may that continue."

*cringe*

I like how Taylor tends to act like he's the leader.. every time Colo does something Taylor slaps him gently in the face, like he's his father or something.. he used to do that to Habib too, but got found out quickly :)

The penalty was for the first hand ball.

Then he's just a twat.

*cringe*

I like how Taylor tends to act like he's the leader.. every time Colo does something Taylor slaps him gently in the face, like he's his father or something.. he used to do that to Habib too, but got found out quickly :)

:colo:

I like it how he remains forward to offer an attacking option if we win the ball back after a set piece.

I reckon he's gonna get a 30-yarder and a couple of assists this season, not to mention a few headed/tap in goals from set pieces.

Slightly concerned about his aerial ability, but not a major problem. Everything about the rest of his play seems perfect.

He got header after header tonight. I only wonder about what he'd be like against strong competition - I need to see that second goal of theirs more closely.