Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

is it not usual for the discussion to change at this stage (ie no news) to the new board/old board saga ?

oh no what have i done !

The discussion would always have changed at the right time under the old board.

and it would have been a more ambitious change too, to be honest i thought our days of running a forum at the level of blackburns were behind us, i'm pleased for those who think this is the level of internetty space we should be taking up. but alas, i can hear the sound of megabytes dropping.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1493019.ece

Newcastle are locked in an £8.8million tug- of-war with Tottenham over Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini.

SunSport understands both clubs have made bids for the Argentina centre-half.

Newcastle are offering better personal terms with a deal of around £35,000 a week.

But Spurs have a slight edge as boss Juande Ramos is a pal of Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro.

And it is understood the Argie player prefers a move to London.

Note they've neglected to mention any of the information already known in regards to this concerning the main issue being that Deportivo are apparently after a bit of extra cash.

Newcastle are locked in an £8.8million tug- of-war with Tottenham over Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini.

Newcastle are offering better personal terms with a deal of around £35,000 a week.

But Spurs have a slight edge as boss Juande Ramos is a pal of Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro.

And it is understood <b>we'd prefer the Argie player to move to London</b>.

Note they've neglected to mention any of the information already known in regards to this concerning the main issue being that Deportivo are apparently after a bit of extra cash.

Fixed ;)

His agent has said we are the only club in for him plus he has supposedely agreed a contract would hope that would be enough to see this transfer through.

Guest sicko2ndbest

His agent has said we are the only club in for him plus he has supposedely agreed a contract would hope that would be enough to see this transfer through.

Some facts bother me:

It has been played out in the press

The agent has said he knows Ramos very well

Leindro (president) supposedly knows Ramos well

Spurs have a lot in the coffers now and have got rid of Gardner and Kaboul

We havnt tied this up quickly

Hopefully the fact weve been working on it for 3 months shows our interest

Guest sicko2ndbest

That article says he has a 60million euro buyout clause

Oh well, at least one way or the other this uberthread will be finished today  :celb:

I know this el presidente is basically the biggest cunt on earth but there's a time to stick to principle and a time to look the squad list, see Taylor, Faye, Cacapa and Edgar as our only CB's and act, quickly.

Some facts bother me:

if we've been working on for 3 months, our transfer men need shooting with shite

Guest ObaStar

Some facts bother me:

Are you mad??? They have spent like 80 Million this window. With only 35 or so coming back in through sales (20 for Keane, 15 to rename their reserve team Sunderland Football Club)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Some facts bother me:

Are you mad??? They have spent like 80 Million this window. With only 35 or so coming back in through sales (20 for Keane, 15 to rename their reserve team Sunderland Football Club)

They have recouped if all deals go through about 45 million dont forget Gardner + Robinson

They have spent up to date about the same

Some facts bother me:

if we've been working on for 3 months, our transfer men need shooting with s****

Too right

Being the state we were in last season we should have had at least 5 players in by the start of July!

Somethings seriously wrong at the top, if our squad is even thinner than the start of last season.

Ashley & Co are not cutting it in any way shape or form at the minute.

It's getting to the stage now mind where despite their President being an absolute c*nt, I'd just pay the extra £1m and get it wrapped up ASAP.

I agree, and hope that's the way it's viewed up top as well. 

It's getting to the stage now mind where despite their President being an absolute c*nt, I'd just pay the extra £1m and get it wrapped up ASAP.

I have to agree. We need better defenders, and he seems to fit the bill. He wants to come here, so let's just pay the extra money and be done with it. The season starts soon.

it's becoming a no brainer tbh, we need a deal a lot more than they do

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agreed start a petition and mail it to the club

As I said before, there isn't 1 ITK who is saying that we are in any way linked with Coloccini, they weren't then and they aren't now.

The only possible hint that this could happen is that no ITK called Modric, one that was right under the radar and it was only the Sun that went with the story.  Exactly the same scenario applies to Coloccini.

Agreed start a petition and mail it to the club

we dont we just mail them paper aeroplanes, a la Palace (h) 05