Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

To think that 14 months ago our defense was

Carr - Bramble - Taylor - Babayaro

and tomorrow it might be

Beye - Faye - Coloccini - Enrique

And yet we'll still get the leaky defence clichés in the press.

We'll still let in alot of goals if we don't bring in a DM.

I really hope it is Coloccini and Faye; somehow doubt it though. :undecided:

why?

i think it's the most logical thing ever?

A 'Geordie lad who loves the club' like Steven Taylor sadly isn't going to pushed out of the team for a pairing of those two.

Unfortunately, Taylor is here to stay.

It'll be a good battle between Taylor and Faye to see who partners Sideshow Fab.

Faye is the better defender right now, but he's hardly anything special so Taylor will have every chance as well, given that he's still young and a local lad. Fairly funny that everyone has turned so much against Taylor, you'd swear the guy was the biggest disaster ever and he absolutely hated the club the way some people are going on. :lol:

Fairly sure he'll never be the really top class CB I had hopes for him becoming when he first came on the scene, but there's still no reason he can't become a good, solid defender in time. Players can improve, you know.

So for once it's our defence which looks alright, not our midfield.

Well yeah. But the defense has been made to look even worse by the shit midfield. Our inability to keep the ball puts insane pressure on the defenders.

So for once it's our defence which looks alright, not our midfield.

Well yeah. But the defense has been made to look even worse by the s*** midfield. Our inability to keep the ball puts insane pressure on the defenders.

Which has probably made competent defenders look shit in the past. We need a CM who can keep hold of it and create, really, really, badly.

Lets hope buying defenders is over now, the only thing i think we really need there is a back up left back and if we dont get one its not the end of the world. We desperately need some creativity in the CM position and a new forward, fingers crossed KK will sort us out.

Newcastle closing in on Coloccini deal

However, in his post-match interview, Kevin Keegan said: “It’s ongoing. I’m hopeful, but it’s not a done deal yet.

“He’s played for Argentina – and not many bad players play for Argentina.”

Did Basedas (sp?) aka the Steering Wheel  ;D ever get a game for the Argetina National side?

22 full caps and i think that doesnt include the games he played for Argentina in the Olympics in 96 (dont count I believe)

Guest Depor_Fan

Hey Newcastle Fans,

Just wanted to congratulate you on your imminent signing of our defender Coloccini.It's been a hard fought battle, but in the end we couldn't offer him what you could. His agent put a lot of pressure on this transfer, in the process saying some very unecessary things.

Believe me when I say that he is a WORLD CLASS defender and that this should be considered as a big coup for your club. I would say you got him on the cheap. Colo will need time to adjust to the english league so don't expect greatness straight away, but eventually you will see the best of him. I think Keegan will give him the time and support for this.

Best of luck for the future.

Hey Newcastle Fans,

Just wanted to congratulate you on your imminent signing of our defender Coloccini.It's been a hard fought battle, but in the end we couldn't offer him what you could. His agent put a lot of pressure on this transfer, in the process saying some very unecessary things.

Believe me when I say that he is a WORLD CLASS defender and that this should be considered as a big coup for your club. I would say you got him on the cheap. Colo will need time to adjust to the english league so don't expect greatness straight away, but eventually you will see the best of him. I think Keegan will give him the time and support for this.

Many thanks, sorry to take one of your best players, but that is football. Good luck for next season.

Hey Newcastle Fans,

Many thanks, sorry to take one of your best players, but that is football. Good luck for next season.

And we deserve it, considering the s*** we ended up with the last time we came sniffing around with the cheque book :lol:

Guest Depor_Fan

It's football these days. Football players are after more money however possible. :(

Coloccini is good enough to play for very big teams, so well done for getting him. I follow his progress next season at Newcastle.

Guest Depor_Fan

I hope he gets rid of the agent. Seems like a right cockface. Can see him demanding a move to a bigger club in a year...or more money...

I imagine this too tbh....

His agent is reall asshole.

Guest optimistic nit

I really hope it is Coloccini and Faye; somehow doubt it though. :undecided:

why?

i think it's the most logical thing ever?

A 'Geordie lad who loves the club' like Steven Taylor sadly isn't going to pushed out of the team for a pairing of those two.

Unfortunately, Taylor is here to stay.

keegan will play faye and coloccini imo. he´s not an idiot, like roeder and souness. taylor will feature, as he should, because he isn´t a bad defender, but faye will parter coloccini.

I hope he gets rid of the agent. Seems like a right cockface. Can see him demanding a move to a bigger club in a year...or more money...

I imagine this too tbh....

His agent is reall asshole.

Hmm.