Best Player from the current squad

EthiGeordie

Clearly, neither have you.

not that I need to explain myself to you, but here goes:

in practical terms, I think Owen is our best player when on top form.

in theory though, Viduka, when top form (which has never really happened since his Leeds days) is the better player.

Define best player.

Most valuable to the team?

If it is our most valuable player then I would say Martins. The team just isn't the same without him in it.

When Owen was out at the start of last season we still looked dangerous with Martins in the team, however when he was out due to the ACN and Owen was fit , we looked very poor from an attacking standpoint.

Martins. Doesn't mean he's fantastic, but you could put him in a mediocre team (ours) and he could nake an impact. Owen needs a decent team which we currently don't have.

Define best player.

If it is our most valuable player then I would say Martins. The team just isn't the same without him in it.

When Owen was out at the start of last season we still looked dangerous with Martins in the team, however when he was out due to the ACN and Owen was fit , we looked very poor from an attacking standpoint.

Rubbish.

:lol:

What an intelligent debate from the man with no opinion on anything.

se

Define best player.

Rubbish.

sez it all really

beye + martin atm. with co-relation with the original question. if we talk about owen then we talk about owen at pool but not current time.

Even last seasons Owen is currently better than Martins. 

Define best player.

Rubbish.

sez it all really

:pow:

Owen and Viduka are technically the best players in the squad (technically meaning technique, intelligence, etc). Most effective on a regular basis i'd say Martins - because he runs at people, pushes defenses back, and all in all gives us a better chance of scoring - even if he's not especially on top of his game.

The thing with Owen is, we don't know what his position is now. I can't see him ever being a great out and out centre-forward anymore, if last season is anything to go by; as he no longer has the pace to adopt back to that style of striker. But such is his intelligence, ball control and creativity - he can quite obviously do a fantastic job off the striker. Whether or not he needs two more forwards (ie 4-3-3), rather than just one (4-4-2), remains to be seen.