Sir Bobby: I'm Dying

Leazes1986

Guest firetotheworks

2003-04 = 56 points

2005-06 (Souness and Roeder) = 58 points

enough said tbh. Very lucky to finish 5th. Without Robert's 12 goals and god knows how many assists we would have finished mid-table at very best

What a very peculiar stat. You can imagine something similar happening this season the way the points are being shared.

2003-04 = 56 points

enough said tbh. Very lucky to finish 5th. Without Robert's 12 goals and god knows how many assists we would have finished mid-table at very best

Well, yeah. What a pointless statement. :lol:

2003-04 = 56 points

Wow, great stat. I can remember from that season it seemed like no one wanted that 4th spot.

Yep, the only reason we finished as high as 5th was because the teams we were fighting it out with, the likes of Villa (under O'Leary), Bolton, Charlton & Fulham, simply weren't good enough at the time to capitalise on our own underperformances.

without their context points totals are hugely misleading - they don't exist in a vacuum. every season has a different dynamic and this determines what kind of position a certain points total will get you, say 50pts = 8th. just because the next season the side that finishes 8th gets 56pts doesnt mean they are a better side but that the dynamic of the league is different. what is important is a side's performance relative to the other sides they are up against and what measures this is the league position.

without their context points totals are hugely misleading - they don't exist in a vacuum. every season has a different dynamic and this determines what kind of position a certain points total will get you, say 50pts = 8th. just because the next season the side that finishes 8th gets 56pts doesnt mean they are a better side but that the dynamic of the league is different. what is important is a side's performance relative to the other sides they are up against and what measures this is the league position.

The league was a lot more competitive in the 2005-6 season than in the 03-4 season. Teams like Spurs, Blackburn & Bolton '06 were much stronger than the likes of Villa, Charlton and Bolton '04. Plus our squad wasn't as good in 05-06, so for me, we did much better that season than in 03-04.

2003-04 = 56 points

Well, yeah. What a pointless statement. :lol:

I can see his point lyke. Laurent Robert used to land at SJP from Mars whenever we had a match and did his stuff.  Then he waves goodbye and promises the other premiership clubs that the next time he lands he will play for them too. But everytime he comes back... he doesn’t fulfil his promises and chooses Newcastle . Very unfair for the rest of the Premiership that was, imo.

I don't know if I can sit through that again. When he got that last year, it was one of the most painful videos I've ever watched in my life.

Just watching him walking up to the stage and struggling to get his words out, it hurts. It really hurts.

But he's more than worth that standing ovation. Nearly every, if not every, person in the room was on their feet. Sends shivers down the spine :clap:

Just to let you know that Sir Bobby is doing a book signing at Waterstones in the MetroCentre tomorrow night (Thursday) between 6.30pm-7.30pm for his "My Kind of Toon" book.

Tempted to go, but it'll be too mental like.

Just to let you know that Sir Bobby is doing a book signing at Waterstones in the MetroCentre tomorrow night (Thursday) between 6.30pm-7.30pm for his "My Kind of Toon" book.

& probably upsetting.

He'd be crying tears of joy meeting me no doubt.

& probably upsetting.

He'd be crying tears of joy meeting me no doubt.

I know I did.

Actually, this should really have it's own thread. As many people need to know about this as possible so we can all show the great man what we think of him.

Start one then, I'm sure you can remember how to do it.  :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

Actually, this should really have it's own thread. As many people need to know about this as possible so we can all show the great man what we think of him.

Start one then, I'm sure you can remember how to do it.  :lol:

I would have done but Mods these days will merge anything! :lol:

Just seen the great man at his book signing, The que was insane I've already got the book for crimbo so I made my way to where I could see him stuck my thumb up & said "god bless you sir bobby , god bless you" he replied "Thank you son & god bless you" I walked out of the shop crying my eyes out... A true gent :clap: :clap: