Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest Stephen927

I have never understood the "well some people massively over rate him so I will massively under rate the lad to balance it out" mentality.

Against Leicester he was quite in the first half, looked very raw, like say an 18 year old would in their debut league start. He drifted about too much but then wasn't given much help.

Second half he started to get a bit more involved and his confidence grew. He did drift out wide far too much (especially considering he was the loan striker) and Nolan was often our furthest player forward. To be fair to Ranger I don't know where the hell Geremi was for most of the game (I dont think Geremi really knew where he was) so Ranger was probably (incorrectly) trying to fill that gap and leaving the position he was supposed to be in empty.

To be fair, he could have been told to do that by Hughton to drag defenders out of position to allow Nolan to burst through the middle, as well as make up for Geremi's lack of legs.

Aye, and the way Shearer basically made sure he was rewarded with a new contract, it could help his confidence no end to know that a great like Shearer has so much faith in him.

Anyone know if Shearer was instrumental in the contract  and had had faith in Ameobi when we were still in the Prem and he was fugging shite ? 

I think Ranger and Lovenkrands would be a cool partnership. Not saying we will ever see it, but Ranger has more to his game than Carrol. Still, when Ameobi is injured I´d like to see that.

I agree. It all depends on how quickly Ranger develops in leading the line. But both are fast as cats and together would cause defences at this level no end of problems.

I have never understood the "well some people massively over rate him so I will massively under rate the lad to balance it out" mentality.

Against Leicester he was quite in the first half, looked very raw, like say an 18 year old would in their debut league start. He drifted about too much but then wasn't given much help.

Second half he started to get a bit more involved and his confidence grew. He did drift out wide far too much (especially considering he was the loan striker) and Nolan was often our furthest player forward. To be fair to Ranger I don't know where the hell Geremi was for most of the game (I dont think Geremi really knew where he was) so Ranger was probably (incorrectly) trying to fill that gap and leaving the position he was supposed to be in empty.

As his confidence grew he did start to get better and better though and played some very intelligent football, he never paniced or just battled for the ball and flicking it on anywhere (see Carroll), he kept the ball and waited for support and put someone in, he could have had half a dozen assists if his team mates took some of the chances he put on a plate for them. He also started looking more of a threat.

All in all it wasn't the perfect game but it was a good game given the role he was given and 18 or 28 he performed it well. He will get more confident and become more of a threat (the one chance he really had was not far off at all and from distance).

I don't think the lad will set the league on fire this season scoring for fun but from that showing he looks like he can come in when needed and do a job, just hope he keeps progressing because he has some real potential.

I was more impressed with that performance than I have of Carrolls so far (and I like Carroll), AC is a beast who will win a lot of possesion and work well with someone looking to run onto flick ons (Lovenkrands) but Ranger has something different about him, he retains possession better and tries to make something happen rather than flick on and hope.

Would probably be my 4th choice at the moment but not a bad 4th choice to have.

Top post :thup:

As his confidence grew he did start to get better and better though and played some very intelligent football, he never paniced or just battled for the ball and flicking it on anywhere (see Carroll), he kept the ball and waited for support and put someone in, he could have had half a dozen assists if his team mates took some of the chances he put on a plate for them. He also started looking more of a threat.

All in all it wasn't the perfect game but it was a good game given the role he was given and 18 or 28 he performed it well. He will get more confident and become more of a threat (the one chance he really had was not far off at all and from distance).

I don't think the lad will set the league on fire this season scoring for fun but from that showing he looks like he can come in when needed and do a job, just hope he keeps progressing because he has some real potential.

I was more impressed with that performance than I have of Carrolls so far (and I like Carroll), AC is a beast who will win a lot of possesion and work well with someone looking to run onto flick ons (Lovenkrands) but Ranger has something different about him, he retains possession better and tries to make something happen rather than flick on and hope.

Would probably be my 4th choice at the moment but not a bad 4th choice to have.

Top post :thup:

Yeah good post that. I also thought Ranger showed a fair bit of awareness of team mates which was unexpected.

i came a bit late to this thread.  what's the str88888888888888 like a banana bit about?

Bad  choice of words in that first sentence mate. :lol:

I was out last night with some lads who work for Barclays. Ages ago they had to do a talk to some of the youth players about getting the right bank account and making sure their money was in order. Ranger sat with his hand down his pants for the entire thing then shook their hands at the end. So they've practically felt his cock.  :sadnod:

I was out last night with some lads who work for Barclays. Ages ago they had to do a talk to some of the youth players about getting the right bank account and making sure their money was in order. Ranger sat with his hand down his pants for the entire thing then shook their hands at the end. So they've practically felt his cock.  :sadnod:

Lucky bastards.

Lucky bastards.

:lol:

Nile Deserves A Goal - Chris

Toon boss believes maiden strike would be just reward for teenager's recent efforts

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1797338,00.html

Stop putting him up there on his own, then.

However, if the manager is telling him to get his fucking shooting boots on - then you'd hope it does the lad the world of good. He's either been A: too afraid to shoot, or B: told not to shoot. So far, anyway.