Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

That might have been the biggest impact I've seen from a substitution. Liverpool were well on top for the first 15 minutes of the second half, then on comes Ranger and the game completely changes.

Needs to get that first goal, it will come though. Imagine if he develops as much as Carroll has, that would be one hell of a partnership.

He did everything right with that chance as well really, just didn't manage to get it to bend in quite enough. Other than that it was excellent.

Would like to see him given more time against Birmingham, if Shola's struggling (which it looks like he fucking is) then may as well start him.

Not that it says anything for the future but am i wrong if i say that Ranger looks like a more hot prospect than Carroll did when he was 19?

Still raw but he surely has potential, hopefully he can develope to a very very good player as well.

What a strike force we could have then, I wouldn't want to be one of the defenders against those two.

I know it's too early to say now, but it surely looks promising.

It's not hard to say that though. Most fans would've been happy ditching Carroll on a free before last season. I see where you're coming from, though.

Just a matter of whether he has the potential to build on his clear raw talent. If he builds on it half as much as Carroll has built on his, we've got a good, young, vibrant starting forward pair.

I hope Ashley realises if he avoids flogging Carroll and Ranger he'll save cash because wont need to buy another striker for about a decade.

No reason at all to sell Carroll really, even from Ashley's point of view. It's pretty clear he wants to sell the club and Carroll isnt on a big wage at the moment. It's really a huge bonus to have a player like that on board when you're selling the club.

Oh yeah...Ranger thread  :idiot2: well..same for him pretty much...in smaller scale

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think he will. Pardew's shown intent to go and attack teams, boxing day is another opportunity to get three points if we approach it the way we did with the Liverpool game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think he will. Pardew's shown intent to go and attack teams, boxing day is another opportunity to get three points if we approach it the way we did with the Liverpool game.

When was this?

Going from a quote, but didn't he make a point at his press conference about "I want to go and attack and press teams"?

He also made a like for like change at the Liverpool game to keep 2 up top, and not bring on Routledge for example and sit back in a 5 man midfield, and try to see a 1-1 draw out.