Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He's not that bad. Aye his miss was shocking, but he came into a non-game and only had scrappy opportunities to touch the ball.

Sending him on loan is probably a good idea, but not in shame because he's a bad player, just because he needs games.

Don't think anyone is saying that.

Shouldn't get a chance up front again, must go out on loan.  He's had enough enough time now to show he isn't ready for this level.

because of one comedy miss?  :rolleyes:

he's done well this season, including a game changing performance against liverpool. up until tonight that is, where his confidence took a knock. ott to say he "shouldn't get a chance up front again".

True. Tonight was the first time i've seen him play really badly (he wasn't great vs Blackburn, either)... it would be harsh to chuck him from the squads altogether.

He does still badly need a loan, though. But that hasn't changed from 12 months ago.

agreed he needs a loan, but then people have been saying that for months. if we bring in another option up front then half a season in the championship will do him the world of good.

Shouldn't get a chance up front again, must go out on loan.  He's had enough enough time now to show he isn't ready for this level.

because of one comedy miss?  :rolleyes:

he's done well this season, including a game changing performance against liverpool. up until tonight that is, where his confidence took a knock. ott to say he "shouldn't get a chance up front again".

Spot on.

He basically needs to be given an opportunity here or sent out on loan, he has to get some gametime under his belt!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nile Ranger is the N-Dubz of the football world. He's almost a parody, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an actor playing the role of a cocky, crap young footballer.

You know, I know you're half joking, but I really think there's some half truth there. He needs to decide if he wants to be a footballer, or a wannabe gangsta. Not that I know him at all like. He has a unique opportunity here, one that can last 10-15 years, after which he's got more than half his life time to do whatever he wants. Hell, he can retire at 30+ and become an international rap star for all I care.

But if he wants to be a football, that's where all his concentration needs to be for now.

Guest toonlass

He's trending on Twitter. Funny that we have a player score a hat-trick and yet the one who has the miss of the season is trending,  :cheesy:

A bad miss, due to lack of composure, but you wonder whether this is where training, or the lack of it, becomes a factor.

In a practice game, 9 out of 10 times he'd have buried it. Heart pounding and edgy when you come on as a sub in a Premiership game, it's not so easy. A player who has worked hard on his finishing is more likely to find himself doing the right thing despite the nerves.

It didn't matter at the time but that miss was scandalous. He just doesn't look confident in front of goal at all.

I think he's got a lot to offer but he desperately needs to go out on loan and score himself a few goals to gain some confidence in front of goal.

It was a fucking appalling miss and he's clearly a total arse, but to be fair to the lad, he's come on in the past and changed games for us. A loan is not such a stupid idea.

Agreed. The Liverpool game stands out for me.