Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He needs some guidance, especially from a reformed character like Barton. Hopefully Barton dishes out his own kind of tough love to ranger in holland...that sounded less perverse in my head.

Athletic talent, yes. Footballing talent, not so sure.

I thought him acknowledging the message to start applying himself was possibly notable, rather than the actual content.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't see it myself. He's strong, good runner, generally pretty quick. Easy to build a career out of yourself having decent physicality.

He's retweeted this:

@NilePowerRanger start applying yourself coz you have talent,every geordie would give his right bollock to have your opportunity.

That's good to hear :thup: Hopefully we can apply this attitude in training when the first team gets back from the US.

Still think that he needs to be sent out on loan though.

@NilePowerRanger Nile ranger

So happy to know that I've got another 5 years at this beautiful club.. Which takes me till I'm 24 #NUFC :)

25 seconds ago

:lol:

Nile managed to string that sentence together? :lol:

Can't see it myself. He's strong, good runner, generally pretty quick. Easy to build a career out of yourself having decent physicality.

If he gets remotely alreet Stoke will be after him.

@NilePowerRanger Nile ranger

So happy to know that I've got another 5 years at this beautiful club.. Which takes me till I'm 24 #NUFC :)

25 seconds ago

:lol:

Nile managed to string that sentence together? :lol:

The maths alone is pretty impressive for a footballer.

He'll need to bulk up first for Stoke to be interested in him.

He needs to decide what kind of striker he's going to be as well. Does he want to play more on the shoulder and use his pace (although his lack of footballing intelligence will count against him in this regards). Or does he want to bulk up a bit more and become more of a target man.

He's shown glimpses of talent, he just doesn't have the application or natural goal scoring instinct, that you need to make it at the top level.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong though.

He'll need to bulk up first for Stoke to be interested in him.

He needs to decide what kind of striker he's going to be as well. Does he want to play more on the shoulder and use his pace (although his lack of footballing intelligence will count against him in this regards). Or does he want to bulk up a bit more and become more of a target man.

He's shown glimpses of talent, he just doesn't have the application or natural goal scoring instinct, that you need to make it at the top level.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong though.

Good point although I think depending on where he ends up that'll be taken out of his hands, from what I've seen he's been better as a target man although as you say he'd need to bulk up a bit to be more effective in that role.

He's relatively strong when backing into his man and holding onto the ball and can win alot of headers in the air. Coming off the bench last season, he showed that he has a yard of pace and a bit of skill with the ball at his feet.

His biggest problem is the bit between the ball leaving his feet and it hitting the net (or lackof). To me though goal scoring is something you have, not something you learn.

Don't think Ranger's football is any worse than his athleticism TBH. Most of the good stuff I've seen him do included a good amount of technique.

Athletically he's spot on, man. As a footballer, he's most certainly not.

He's relatively strong when backing into his man and holding onto the ball and can win alot of headers in the air. Coming off the bench last season, he showed that he has a yard of pace and a bit of skill with the ball at his feet.

His biggest problem is the bit between the ball leaving his feet and it hitting the net (or lackof). To me though goal scoring is something you have, not something you learn.

I think you can improve goal scoring technique though. Not saying he's going to turn into a natural finisher over night, but things such as composure can be worked on and hopefully improved. I'd still like to see him do well at the club, some of his substitute appearances last season really impressed me.

Don't think Ranger's football is any worse than his athleticism TBH. Most of the good stuff I've seen him do included a good amount of technique.

Athletically he's spot on, man. As a footballer, he's most certainly not.

Well fair enough he's not the finished article as a player. If that's what you meant I agree. But if you were implying he is just an athlete and has little technique, then I disagree strongly.