Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Would we even be able to sack him though?

Surely a precedent has already been set with us keeping Barton when he got sent down?

This will be his 5th(?) arrest coupled with endless reports of indiscipline, fuck precidents we have every right to peddle the stupid little prick immediately.

We probably don't though hence why he's still here. No doubt the club will have spoken to various lawyers about what our rights are.

Whilst there may be nothing in the allegation it would be symptomatic of the sort of lifestyle he apparently leads. People who are trying to get their heads down and apply themselves in order to rescue their careers don't generally find themselves in these situations. Doesn't seem to have the desire to change his life in order to become a better footballer.

A shame for him, but his actions reflect upon our club.

For what its worth, precedent arguments are entirely redundant. He will have a contract which has a misconduct clause in it (standard football contracts have these clauses IIRC). A non-defaulting party can always choose whether or not to enforce any contractual provisions in the event of the other parties default. We may well have affirmed Barton's contract because he had a tangible benefit to the team. The two cases aren't comparable in that respect.

Just sack him.

The damage he does to the club is far more than any compo he could ever claim from us.

I don't really see how, all he's costing us is wages. I wouldn't disagree with sacking him, but I don't think he's really costing us much other than that. Surely people just see him as a loose cannon, it's basically nothing to do with NUFC.

Just sack him.

The damage he does to the club is far more than any compo he could ever claim from us.

I don't really see how, all he's costing us is wages. I wouldn't disagree with sacking him, but I don't think he's really costing us much other than that. Surely people just see him as a loose cannon, it's basically nothing to do with NUFC.

He represents our club. Our name is all over the internet and newspapers for very negative reasons again because of him.

Just sack him.

He represents our club. Our name is all over the internet and newspapers for very negative reasons again because of him.

I suppose, I just don't think most people will think anything about Newcastle because of it. Footballers who get involved in stuff like this only seem to damage themselves.

I know in theory he's a representative of the club etc, but I wouldn't think our reputation would be damaged in any real way. Except if we mount a Liverpool-esque defence, saying rape is fine or something.

His charactor style suggest he is possibly guilty of this, clearly thinks he has power.

However I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I do think that with his repeated questioning from police for separate incidents warrants sacking.