Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest toonlass

The lad can get a Prince Albert for all I care, but we have just lost a game against a League 2 side and have our derby game next week. Nile needs to get his head in the zone. He has to stop this shit and concentrate on what he can learn on the training ground or he might just find himself at Stevenage next season, playing for them. He can do what he likes off the pitch as long as when he is on it he is doing well, at the moment he isn't, and he is more interested in acting like a superstar than he is in playing the game.

:lol: I've personally never seen him strutting around on the pitch acting like he's a superstar.

Just answer this, are you happy with the amount of goals he's scored this season?

I thought he played well for us in the Championship when we were starting with and Carroll at the beginning of the season. His link up play was a lot better than Andy's but in front of goal he was never as much of a threat. Since then Andy's grown in leaps and bounds obviously but I think Ranger is at the same level as he was in the championship. He needs a loan spell to help him develop as a player but at the end of the day it is up to him. It appears to me that he likes the life style of a footballer more than the game it's self, which is a shame but not hugely surprising. Still I don't know the lad so I could be spouting absolute bollocks.

I do think people are being overly harsh on him though. At the end of the day he's a teenager with a stupid amount of money at his disposal, which isn't the best mix unless you have a group of people you trust to keep you grounded.

He's got the potential but it's down to his mentality. I'd love to see him make it but I don't think he will do it here. I don't think Pardew's approach will help him, he seems less likely to put up with his faults / mistakes. I think he would have done better with Hughton's more 'nurturing' style of management.

Guest BooBoo

You cant hang him for only scoring one goal, as his chances have been limited.

He's always lively when he comes on, but I'm never convinced he's got a serious goal threat about him. His two poor misses v Liverpool and West Ham are hardly flukes, he missed a collection of good chances last season, notably an easy free header late on at Nottm Forest.

The lad can get a Prince Albert for all I care, but we have just lost a game against a League 2 side and have our derby game next week. Nile needs to get his head in the zone. He has to stop this shit and concentrate on what he can learn on the training ground or he might just find himself at Stevenage next season, playing for them. He can do what he likes off the pitch as long as when he is on it he is doing well, at the moment he isn't, and he is more interested in acting like a superstar than he is in playing the game.

:lol: I've personally never seen him strutting around on the pitch acting like he's a superstar.

Just answer this, are you happy with the amount of goals he's scored this season?

Honestly - I can't really say I'm bothered or expected anything different. Simply because we all knew he wasn't ready to be played at this level as much as he has. He should have been loaned out, however due to the lack of depth up front, he's had to stay and make some cameo appearances. When in reality he should have been loaned out.

He seems to put quite a bit of effort in on the pitch, despite his lack of goals.

Guest toonlass

Honestly - I can't really say I'm bothered or expected anything different. Simply because we all knew he wasn't ready to be played at this level as much as he has. He should have been loaned out, however due to the lack of depth up front, he's had to stay and make some cameo appearances. When in reality he should have been loaned out.

He seems to put quite a bit of effort in on the pitch, despite his lack of goals.

He's still a major cock end and needs to grow up.

Well, who am I to argue with such a mature and well thought out response?

Guest BooBoo

Its funny how things have come full circle. At first he was championed for his ludicrous behavior and "Gangster-isms", but now he's slagged.

Funny old game.

Guest toonlass

Well, who am I to argue with such a mature and well thought out response?

You're first response was better tbh

Its funny how things have come full circle. At first he was championed for his ludicrous behavior and "Gangster-isms", but now he's slagged.

Funny old game.

Championed. :lol:

It was amusing, that's all, then when he started doing the business for the reserves and being on the fringes of the first team it became clear he could play as well. Problem is he needs to grow out of it and start performing properly now he's got a good contract and we actually need him.

Guest BooBoo

Funny old game.

It was amusing, that's all, then when he started doing the business for the reserves and being on the fringes of the first team it became clear he could play as well. Problem is he needs to grow out of it and start performing properly now he's got a good contract and we actually need him.

I think its a fair comment tbh. Most of the first half of this thread was referring to the daft things he was putting on Facebook. Didnt the forum crash when he scored at Coventry?

I have always stuck up for the lad but the day after a shocking defeat and his Gaffer has a go at him in the press he sticks a photo on twitter of him getting a smiley tattooed on the inside of his bottom lip.

The lads a fkn idiot.

Funny old game.

I think its a fair comment tbh. Most of the first half of this thread was referring to the daft things he was putting on Facebook. Didnt the forum crash when he scored at Coventry?

The forum crashes a lot. ;)

But yeah your post is right really, it's getting a bit tiresome and he needs to grow up a bit now. I bet the feeling is the same at the club as well. He just was a daft kid but now he's got that deal we all need him to start taking it seriously. I just get irritated when people make out that laughing on here at stupid stuff he does is somehow encouraging him. Not saying you are btw.

I have always stuck up for the lad but the day after a shocking defeat and his Gaffer has a go at him in the press he sticks a photo on twitter of him getting a smiley tattooed on the inside of his bottom lip.

The lads a fkn idiot.

This to you is like the day you found out Santa Claus isn't real, isn't it?

Guest marky555

The lads a fkn idiot.

Exactly. Fucking idiot.

The lads a fkn idiot.

This to you is like the day you found out Santa Claus isn't real, isn't it?

What you mean Santa's not real?

:D

I just think he is a tool... how many kids would love to be in his position, have nothing against tattoo's at all (stupid as his is)but posting a photo of it on twitter the day after we get raped by Stevenage and the same day his Gaffer has had a go at him in the press.

We need players that have their head in the right place and are serious about their careers, its so annoying because if he could be arsed to sort himself out he could be a great footballer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he does the business he can have his foreskin chained to his ear lobes for all i care

Until then stop he needs to stop giving people a reason to criticise.

In short he needs to

Cut the gangsterisms

Cut the daft updates

Cut the stupid photos

especially in the public eye

If he starts banging in 15 + i frankly couldnt  give a f*** what he does

Guest toonlass

Who cares about a tattoo? Gods sake.

Couldn't give a toss about him being tattooed. I do give a toss that he is a promising NEWCASTLE player who is in danger of throwing his career away because his attitude stinks.

Guest BooBoo

Who cares about a tattoo? Gods sake.

I dont like tattoos so I'm automatically prejudiced against him but getting a fucking smiley face on the inside of your lip, puts you one rung below Hitler IMO.

Guest Bartons_Bitch

He's shit. Set for life and he's fucking shit at his profession.

As well as this he's a fucking knob. A complete fucking knob. 5 year fucking deal also, fucking hell.