Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Christ, I wish Alan would keep his mouth shut.

Why? He's more or less telling everyone Rangers on his last chance. He has the talent but is going to fuck it up with his shit attitude. If players like Carroll have already had to have words wih him then I think this is the pre cursor to him being peddled.

And when he does go we'll all know why.

Catch 22 for Pardew, he doesn't say anything and people ask why Ranger isn't being given a chance, he says why he isn't being given a chance and they say he shouldn't be coming out with that stuff in the press.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Right thing to do.

You've told the player in private.

You've asked other players to talk to him in private.

He hasn't listened, doesn't seem interested, so you out him in the papers. Now everyone has a bit of the story, and your reputation is in question now. Gauntlet is down, its up to the player now to prove everyone, club, players, fans, and interested parties, that he's not going to blow out his career due to poor attitude.

There is nothing wrong with what Pardew has said. What has Ranger done to deserve becoming a "fan's favourite"? Having a Twitter account shouldn't make you a fan's favourite. A few too many people seem to get excited about our players from a celebrity point of view rather than what they produce on the pitch point of view.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There is nothing wrong with what Pardew has said. What has Ranger done to deserve becoming a "fan's favourite"? Having a Twitter account shouldn't make you a fan's favourite. A few too many people seem to get excited about our players from a celebrity point of view rather than what they produce on the pitch point of view.

:thup:

It's more because he's from the street tbh. I feel I can relate to him more than any of the other players.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

The Mean Streets of NE12.

Actually, pretty sure Ranger lived in the converted Church in NE12 for a while! OH MY!  :frantic:

Christ, I wish Alan would keep his mouth shut.

Why? He's more or less telling everyone Rangers on his last chance. He has the talent but is going to f*** it up with his s*** attitude. If players like Carroll have already had to have words wih him then I think this is the pre cursor to him being peddled.

And when he does go we'll all know why.

Totally agree - losing patience with this guy, he got a great chance when he moved from Sts, but obviously just happy to do the min and take the dosh...if so, he must go.

I suspect that Ranger's talent is as much a problem as an asset at this point. It enables him to get by without totally stretching himself. He needs to develop the attitude that he's going to be the best player that he can possibly be. The attitude of being just good enough to get a place in the team ahead of this, that or the other player isn't going to get him anywhere.

He has to set his own standards, based on his own talent. I worry that he compares himself to other players and says - well I'm better than him, why doesn't he pick me?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Everytime he thinks he's made it, he should be made to sit down and watch his howler against West Ham. Not just how he missed, and why, but his reaction afterwards.

It's necessary to play this out in public like.

Similar to what Jon said, alot of people have been calling for him to start and have been criticising Pardew when he hasn't picked Ranger. He's just explaining why he didn't pick Nile, and it seems to have been the right call.