Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Pardew is spot on with what he said we all think it about Ranger BUT the stpuid c*** of a manager should be saying it to Nile in a one on one conversation and not to the fkn press.

yep

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pardew is spot on with what he said we all think it about Ranger BUT the stpuid c*** of a manager should be saying it to Nile in a one on one conversation and not to the fkn press.

yep

He already has?

Guest toonlass

Good on Alan Pardew! Heard from someone who is at the training ground on a daily basis that Nile Ranger is a cock. He seems to think he is a superstar already. Was lauding it over young uns last season because he was playing occasionally. Basically that he's arrogant and conceited and has no humility at all. Thinks he's some kind of "gangsta". There's no need for it. He's a 19 year old kid who has proved fuck all so far. Ok he came on against Liverpool and changed the game but that doesn't mean he's made it. He needs to be putting in that kind of performance regularly and start scoring goals, and even then he doesn't have to have a massive attitude about him.

Pardew should send him to Scunthorpe or Lincoln City on loan until the end of the season. Try and deflate his ego a bit.

Pardew is spot on with what he said we all think it about Ranger BUT the stpuid cunt of a manager should be saying it to Nile in a one on one conversation and not to the fkn press.

and what if he has already and got ignored, got some of the players to have a word with ranger, still no change? there comes a point when the best option isn't keeping it in house

Good on Alan Pardew! Heard from someone who is at the training ground on a daily basis that Nile Ranger is a cock. He seems to think he is a superstar already. Was lauding it over young uns last season because he was playing occasionally. Basically that he's arrogant and conceited and has no humility at all. Thinks he's some kind of "gangsta". There's no need for it. He's a 19 year old kid who has proved f*** all so far. Ok he came on against Liverpool and changed the game but that doesn't mean he's made it. He needs to be putting in that kind of performance regularly and start scoring goals, and even then he doesn't have to have a massive attitude about him.

Pardew should send him to Scunthorpe or Lincoln City on loan until the end of the season. Try and deflate his ego a bit.

Enrique loves him, I love him.

Pardew is spot on with what he said we all think it about Ranger BUT the stpuid cunt of a manager should be saying it to Nile in a one on one conversation and not to the fkn press.

and what if he has already and got ignored, got some of the players to have a word with ranger, still no change? there comes a point when the best option isn't keeping it in house

I say then ship him out, IF Pardew had done all you suggest and Ranger had not taken in on board then you get rid.. the Press are never ever the way to go.

Cannot imagine for one second that it being in a Sunday paper would have the right effect on Nile, the press love to slate us so using them to call one of your own players is just utter stupidity.

I agree Nile seems like a total tit and an up himself little twat but then its upto Pardew to take the time to try and get through to him if he thinks he is worth the bother, or to sell him if he feels its not worth  the effort.

yep

Saying it in private obviously didn't work, so he's trying a different tactic.

yep

He already has?

yes. but he doesn´t have to go too the media as well. definitely more than once in two weeks time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

yep

He already has?

yes. but he doesn´t have to go too the media as well. definitely more than once in two weeks time.

Its already been discussed, only a few pages back, why this might have happened. I personally don't see the issue with it, if he's spoken to the player in private, and asked team mates to do the same, and the player STILL hasn't listened. What else can he do?

yep

He already has?

Its already been discussed, only a few pages back, why this might have happened. I personally don't see the issue with it, if he's spoken to the player in private, and asked team mates to do the same, and the player STILL hasn't listened. What else can he do?

Don't think I've ever seen Fergie or Wenger or Mourinho questioning one of their own players in public. Have you?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

yep

He already has?

Don't think I've ever seen Fergie or Wenger or Mourinho questioning one of their own players in public. Have you?

Wat /dave

Wenger made similar comments about Pennant when he was at Arsenal.

Wenger said: "I hope he'll learn from this as you can understand that young boys make mistakes. But if they don't learn, there's no future for them. Some players who appeared for England against Turkey have made mistakes in the past but they have learned from them. His future is down to him now.

"The biggest part of success until 20 is how much talent you have and, after 20, it's how much you want it.

yep

He already has?

That crowd are ripping other clubs, refs, players & other managers they have hardly got time to talk about there own players.

Jose used to have pop at Joe Cole & Mutu iirc. Wasn't Fergie questioning Rooney not so long ago?

Guest Stephen927

Fair comments from Pardew. If it was Hughton making the comments nobody would have a problem. Has to be said.

Guest BooBoo

I think Jose used to publically hammer Balotelli on virtually a weekly basis. He slapped Joe Cole down in public too.

I don't have much of a problem with what Pardew's said as long as he genuinely has tried everything else in-house first. And if he's even asked Carroll to talk to him then I would expect he has. :lol:

There are so many problem players that no decent managers will touch. Cantona for example, or Roy Keane. Then there's Le Sulk Nicolas Anelka. The best managers like Howard Wilkinson bomb out these trouble makers like he did so sensibly with Cantona.

Guest BooBoo

Trouble makers are worthwhile if they have the talent. Cantona clearly did. Ranger's showed nothing yet other than some small promising signs.

Fair comments from Pardew. If it was Hughton making the comments nobody would have a problem. Has to be said.

difference in personality though - you know something massive would have to happen for hughton to say something like that as he is usually so reticent, and barely said anything about even carroll's reoccuring misdemeanours. Whereas pardew will talk at length about anything you want, any player linked in the press and so on, so you sense his words are cheaper.

i don't have a problem with a manager saying something like this but you have to be pragmatic. it should only be something of a last resort (ie wenger with pennant) but if it produces better performances than it will have worked.

I would however question whether this kind of strategy works best with Ranger.

To me Ranger has improved - from being too scared to take risks or get into goal positions last year, he is now getting into good positions but wasting them. this is natural and he should be allowed to make these mistakes (ideally on loan) without being put under extra scrutiny and extra pressure. as a young player a manager to an extent should be deflecting attention, not heaping more upon him. Ranger has shown a lack of composure/nerves in front of goal and Pardew criticising him probably won't do anything to help this. after all his form seems to have dipped since pardew came out and criticised him in public.

so far, pardew's strategy hasn't worked, but the long term is more important in this case. ultimately it might be a case that ranger won't change and the manager can't really do anything about that, but it's too early to say.

Trouble makers are worthwhile if they have the talent. Cantona clearly did. Ranger's showed nothing yet other than some small promising signs.

tbf pardew's not really said he's a trouble maker, just that he is too relaxed in training and needs more dedication. carroll or barton, keane or cantona are more the archetypal "trouble makers" but i think all of those have/had a fantastic attitude to training and preparation. Cantona even used to hold his own training sessions with the young kids (beckham, butt, scholes etc) after fergie's training finished.