Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Peter Beardsley:

"When you look at when we beat West Ham, he missed from six yards out.

"He missed by miles. That's him, but he's still a kid.

"When you look at some of the younger players, he's physically bigger and stronger, but in terms of age, he's a kid.

"He's got a lot to learn, but to be fair to him, when he's trained or played for me, his attitude has been spot-on.

"He might miscontrol the ball sometimes, but that's what happens at the top level. His attitude's good, and he's got a real chance.

"He had a lot of work to do with the power and the pace, and then the finish after it was a great finish.

"Credit to him – he scored a hat-trick. Our punters will be delighted to hear that because they love him. He excites them."

Another good interview from Beardsley. Honest and fair.

Should start next match. But should've passed Perch there or Lovenkrands. Cost us three points in that respect, but then again that chance would never have been created if it wasn't for himself.

I would definitely like to see him get more game time. We should be taking Shola off on about 60 minutes.

I agree about Ranger, but I thought Pardew was right to take Best off rather than Shola.

I was just disappointed that it was for Lovenkrands rather than Ranger.

Needs loaning out, end of.

He offers something different to everyone else which is a plus, but he will be better of getting full games in the championship and building his game and confidence.

This thread is more jeckyl and hyde than his performances. Fans will be on his back for missing easy chances but then go to the other extreme when he just puts it wide. He is like an uber shit version of young Lua Lua senior. Give him time somewhere else then bring him back.

This thread is more jeckyl and hyde than his performances.

I think we can all see how good he could be, with that pace and power. It's so frustrating.

He's only 19 FFS.

Which is why he would be better away from the club and frustration until he has grown a bit as a player and professional. A loan could turn out to be detrimental to him to but I think he is worse of staying here. We need a couple of players in before we let him go though.

Did great work missed a sitter BUT howay man a young that that needs it to click and when it dies he will be immense.

You see Shola missing chances and NOT working hard on the pitch, not a good example to Nile.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Perch was fuming when Ranger shot instead of squaring it, after that great dribbling he did around the defender.  :lol:

I think some are getting carried away on the Ranger front. The lad is only 19 and he's shown he's very much rough around the edges, the best thing we can do for him is laon him to the Championship.

There's no doubt he's useful as a late sub chasing people down, but he's shown absolutely nothing in the way of goal scoring instinct in the eighteen yard box. A loan would allow him to learn his trade and to build up some confidence.

I think some are getting carried away on the Ranger front. The lad is only 19 and he's shown he's very much rough around the edges, the best thing we can do for him is laon him to the Championship.

There's no doubt he's useful as a late sub chasing people down, but he's shown absolutely nothing in the way of goal scoring instinct in the eighteen yard box. A loan would allow him to learn his trade and to build up some confidence.

Agree with this. We need someone in to take his place first though, embarrassing as that is.

I'd rather see Ranger getting games than Best, at least Ranger looks like he could become a good player.

I mean more as an impact sub at the moment rather than a like-for-like comparison with the two. Just don't think he's ready to play 70+ minutes yet, think he's better like someone mentioned at causing problems when defences are tired.

OK, bringing him on so late today was pathetic.  Even giving him half an hour would give him a chance to at least settle into a game and that might just stop him from trying to go for glory with the one or two chances he gets.