Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest neesy111

Sammy's so far away from this level it's no longer funny. Lots of potential but come on, what a joke we are putting players like him and Ranger on when we need a goal - neither of them has ever done it, for a start.

Why didn't Marveaux come on tonight?  Much better option than Sammy ffs.

I'd imagine Ranger will be starting against Bordeaux a week on Thursday. There's no way we'll be risking Cisse or Ba in that game.

If i was Pardew i'd be staying at home and sending Willie Donachie over to france with the U21 squad.

Fuck off with that shite. Resting players has not helped us one fucking bit this year.

Hmm, I wonder who's travelling to France for the game next week... :laugh:

Sammy's so far away from this level it's no longer funny. Lots of potential but come on, what a joke we are putting players like him and Ranger on when we need a goal - neither of them has ever done it, for a start.

There was no skill or pace in our front six, and no matter what qualities they may have as individuals, you are not going to succeed like that. The main chances that we had seemed to come from Stoke's defensive mistakes.

At least Sammy and Ranger would offer something different, whatever the risks with their inexperience.

I think Marv would have got brushed off the ball too easily. He went for a bit of strength and height.

I think Marv would have got brushed off the ball too easily. He went for a bit of strength and height.

A footballer probably would've been better, mate.

A footballer probably would've been better, mate.

It's a sorry state of affairs when your 3 attacking options off the bench can't be trusted to do the fundamentals right (work hard, maintain position, not bottle challenges) nevermind be trusted to come on and add to the game.

Never mind selling this cunt, he's now starting for the first team. In European competition, no less.

Wonder if this is Pardew just trying to make a point or whether he genuinely deserves it. Strange one.

Possible reasons for playing him: -

Putting him in the shop window.

Giving him another chance (I may be wrong but I don't think he has any criminal charges outstanding).

Not risking a first team striker.

If Shola goes to the ACN we need striker cover in January (unless we buy some cover) so Ranger gets some game time.

Guest hydeous

I wonder if Pards watches a lot of B-grade movies. Because from now until next year, Ranger is going to tear apart the Europa league, get 20 goals in the league, get us to a champions league spot, fall head over heels in love with a nice, cute girl who'll calm him down, move to real madrid next year and live happily ever after.

Cynic in me says;

We haven't got the outcome we wanted from his court case/s so we are trying to include him as much as possible to increase the chances of shifting him while making a little money/not having to pay him off.