Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

It's a nothing game but at least we get to see if he has learnt anything since he last played for us. The way the bad news has kept flowing about him suggests he would have improved very little, but I'm warm to the idea of being surprised.

Shame Xisco is not fit and can play with him up top.

:lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8311475/

Alan Pardew has confirmed that Nile Ranger will get a rare start in Bordeaux in Newcastle's Europa League outing on Thursday.

The Magpies will attempt to wrestle back top spot in Group D at the Stade Chaban-Delmas in the final round of fixtures.

And after a marked improvement in attitude, Ranger will get his first senior start since April 2010 after being frozen out of the side due to his off-field antics and persistent lateness.

Pardew said: "Nile will start. I think he's probably the story of the last two or three months in terms of a positive.

"He's been out of the papers, he's been on time for the last eight to 10 weeks and he's put in application on the training ground.

"I've never said to anyone 'It's all over, you're not getting a chance'. If you stick to the rules and put the ethic in, I'll give you a chance.

"And that's all it is for him at the moment, a chance, and we hope he takes it. We know he's got talent. Hopefully he puts it in on the pitch."

Ranger will be one of several young players in the starting XI as Pardew keeps one eye on Monday's trip to Fulham as the Magpies look to build on the 3-0 win over Wigan, their first victory in eight outings.

He said: "Obviously, we have got to protect ourselves for Monday night, which is an important game for us, but this has its own importance.

"We have got a very young side which is going to start, so we just hope we have got enough in that team to keep us in the game and then - obviously, the draw is no good for us - look to win it towards the end."

Be great if he takes his chances and sorts himself out, not that he deserves it but still better he became something than us having a waster on the books.

But as said, soon as he's asked to do more to keep his place or keep getting chances the effort will drop off and he'll become a twat again.