Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

just been reading the start of this thread, did anyone find out what a "im a big bumbaclart duppy mannnnnnn" meant?

'I am a big anal cloth ghosts (racist comment about white people apparently) mannnnnn' or something similar.

just been reading the start of this thread, did anyone find out what a "im a big bumbaclart duppy mannnnnnn" meant?

'I am a big anal cloth ghosts (racist comment about white people apparently) mannnnnn' or something similar.

One weird kid, would have loved the chances hes had!

No, this tosser has taken a lot of money from us. I want every single (inevitable) fail for the rest of his life well documented.

Cautionary, biographical tales sell pretty well - ie. stories of people throwing away a well-paying career, and hitting absolute rock bottom, and not recovering.

Start stashing away all the pieces of source material/articles out there. If you're going to follow the downfall this closely (and taking away some satisfaction as well) you might as well make a few quid, at the expense of the gangsta/sometime-footballer's demise. Labour-of-love with a nice little financial return. ;)

It’s understood  he has been banned from  St James’ Park and Newcastle’s training ground.

:kasper:

Hadn't heard that!

Not that I have a problem with it, just surprised the club has made the parting so... final

I'm not privvy to Ranger's spending, but I'd imagine he'd run into financial trouble sooner rather than later if he doesn't manage to get a good contract in the next few years. His pay-off will see him alright for a while.

All too often, footballers only look at the short-term. The fancy cars, the glamorous girlfriends, nice houses.. Sound investment would have been my thinking in Ranger's situation. 5 year deal on decent wages, and it's likely he'll have nothing to show for it in 10 years.

He spends a fortune in the bookies at Forest Hall, from what I can gather. Mind, if they're used to the regulars from the Scotsman, £50 is probably considered a fortune.

My sister used to manage that shop until recently and he was a regular visitor often putting hundreds into the machines. Not a very pleasant person by all accounts.

On the more positive side, my sister is now managing the shop in Ponteland and James Perch gets in now and again, putting on a £20 bet. Top lad she says and very polite too.

He's simply not going to change his spending habits, move into a smaller house, spend less on gambling, naff clothes and cars and stupid mates etc.  He's going to continue living in the lifestyle to which he's become accustomed to on the wages we were giving him until his payoff and any savings have dried up.  Then it's back to a life of petty crime.