Ipswich confirm interest in Ameobi loan deal

Baggio

Keegan’s boost for Ameobi

Aug 23 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

...............But Keegan told me today: “Shola is back with us and he will be in full training on Monday. He’s fit and I am quite happy to have him back.

“For £2.4m where am I going to get a player like Shola?

“He knows the Premier League and the club and he understands the area. I don’t look at it as a minus at all.

“Who knows? He might be our top scorer this season – I wouldn’t put it past him. mackems.gif

“We all know players who were going to leave, but stay and have a great season and then sign a new contract.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/23/keegan-s-boost-for-ameobi-72703-21591731/

Keegan’s boost for Ameobi

...............But Keegan told me today: “Shola is back with us and he will be in full training on Monday. He’s fit and I am quite happy to have him back.

“For £2.4m where am I going to get a player like Shola?

“He knows the Premier League and the club and he understands the area. I don’t look at it as a minus at all.

“Who knows? He might be our top scorer this season – I wouldn’t put it past him. mackems.gif

“We all know players who were going to leave, but stay and have a great season and then sign a new contract.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/23/keegan-s-boost-for-ameobi-72703-21591731/

he can´t be serious :frantic:

He's doing what Keegan does best, putting belief into players..  Do people expect him to say positive things to Ameobi and then go to the papers and call him worse then s***?

Think this is the case too. But personally I would feel better if he didn´t said anything. You shouldn´t lie you know :angel:

He's doing what Keegan does best, putting belief into players..  Do people expect him to say positive things to Ameobi and then go to the papers and call him worse then shit?

Why does he have to go to the papers? I find the comments abit hypocritical tbh considering we accepted the Ipswich bid and had he passed a medical he would be there right now.

Go to the papers?, he was asked a question and he answered it..  Should he have ignored the question so Oliver could write a "Keegan upset to still have Ameobi" article?  He's just reinforcing what he's telling Ameobi himself.  We know its nothing more then that so why the fuck does anyone care?, as long as Ameobi's thick enough to believe it then it can only be a good thing.

Keegans boost for Ameobi

...............But Keegan told me today: Shola is back with us and he will be in full training on Monday. Hes fit and I am quite happy to have him back.

For £2.4m where am I going to get a player like Shola?

He knows the Premier League and the club and he understands the area. I dont look at it as a minus at all.

Who knows? He might be our top scorer this season I wouldnt put it past him. mackems.gif

We all know players who were going to leave, but stay and have a great season and then sign a new contract.

he can´t be serious :frantic:

Thats Keegan all over, motivation.

Where could you get a striker of Ameobi's quality for £2.4m? We spent £6m on Alan Smith and he's not fit to clean Ameobi's boots when it comes to goal scoring.

Think that's what he means!

With Martins injured we need some fucking players in this week or this good start will count for fuck all.

Where could you get a striker of Ameobi's quality for £2.4m? We spent £6m on Alan Smith and he's not fit to clean Ameobi's boots when it comes to goal scoring.

Think that's what he means!

With Martins injured we need some fucking players in this week or this good start will count for fuck all.

Yeah, I was joking. Anyway, that Saviola loan would be quite handy now, especially if Martins' injury keeps him out a while.

He's doing what Keegan does best, putting belief into players..  Do people expect him to say positive things to Ameobi and then go to the papers and call him worse then shit?

Why does he have to go to the papers? I find the comments abit hypocritical tbh considering we accepted the Ipswich bid and had he passed a medical he would be there right now.

Having most likely been directly asked about Ameobi, what do you think he should have said?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=zSport&itemid=IPED27%20Aug%202008%2018%3A06%3A18%3A240

Doubts growing over Shola deal

IT is looking increasingly unlikely that Shola Ameobi will be joining the Blues on loan from Newcastle United who are insisting Town commit to a permanent deal in January.

The Blues are understandably reluctant to agree to that as the striker has a hamstring problem and as time ticks away in the transfer window the two clubs have reached a stalemate in negotiations.

A £2.5m deal had been agreed and Ameobi had agreed personal terms before the move was scuppered when his medical revealed the injury.

Ameobi picked up the latest problem in a pre-season friendly against Hertha Berlin and suffered a similar injury last year before going on loan to Stoke City who decided they did not take up the option to sign him on a permanent basis after they won promotion to the Premier League

:(

Rather him than Smith anyday , Besides seeing our current lack of strikers it can't hurt to give him a game against the likes of Hull for example.

Have no fear, because the http://th136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/ashley12-5-04/th_th22e4d479.gif Ranger is here ^^

So Shola must have recovered from his hamstring injury then? Any chance his move will be resurrected?

He might have it drummed in his mind that since he started today he`s going to be a regular in the starting XI and not want to move.....we cant really afford to lose any more bodies tbh though

So Shola must have recovered from his hamstring injury then? Any chance his move will be resurrected?

He might have it drummed in his mind that since he started today he`s going to be a regular in the starting XI and not want to move.....we cant really afford to lose any more bodies tbh though

Expect him to have an absolute shitter, but claim 20+ goals are a given this season for him. Strangely glad to see him back though, that feeling will more than likely last two minutes into the game when his clumsy close control and lethargic attitude grates on me again.

Fucking sickening that we would be better off with 10 men than 11 with this cunt in the team, we would of scored today in the first half for a start, fuck knows what he will do in the 2nd half. I say we use the Krul money to release Ameobi.

Guest apple79

ameobi on pitch means no goal threat + no effort i'd rather play harper up front as im sure he could press and hustle more!