Ipswich confirm interest in Ameobi loan deal

Baggio

i really wanted ameobi to be great. he tried hard, put a shift in for a while but has kind of overstayed his welcome.

a move would be best for him and for nufc at this stage of his career

About how I feel about him. I've always thought it was a shame that Shola's shit, more so than almost any other player I can think of.

I don't think him not moving will have any effect on any signings that we bring in. Id keep him until we get replacements at least. Id rather him be playing than Smith tbh.

He gave his all for the club, played through the pain for the cause, yeah okay he is not that goo but he does not deserve the s*** he gets on here, he will be gutted the deal has fell apart. I am sure he knows he won't get a game here and has no choice but to leave the club he loves.

Do you think Owen would ever have painkiller injections in order to be able to play for us? its that kind of dedication we need form all of our squad, I am sure Shola wil get a move away I just hope we replace him with a player with as much heart!!

Those injections have done him the world of good haven't they? Been f*cked the last two years because of them. Owen has enough injury problems as it is without doing that to himself as well.

Weird. Is this on hold due to a "permanent" injury or is it, as it sounds to me, due to an injury he has now and Ipswich don´t want to buy him because they don´t want to wait two weeks :doh:

Ameobi just have to go. He can´t even be a access for the reserve team.

Town submit new bid to revive Ameobi deal and wait for Newcastle’s response

Thurs 21 Aug 08

Town have attempted to revive the Shola Ameobi deal after submitting a new proposal to Newcastle United.

The 26-year-old's original £2.5m move to Portman Road fell through on Tuesday when he failed a medical but it is understood the Blues have now asked the Magpies if they would be prepared to loan out the striker with a view to a permanent move in January if he completes a certain number of games.

Newcastle would rather sell Ameobi now to make more transfer funds available to manager Kevin Keegan but realise no club will be willing to part with the best part of £3m for a striker with a suspect hamstring.

The North-East outfit must take into consideration that unless they can get a deal in place now they run the risk of losing Ameobi for a fraction of his worth at the turn of the year bearing in mind the Nigerian-born front man is in the last year of his contract at St James Park.

Magilton is hopeful a new deal can be brokered to finally end his exhaustive search for a Premiership quality striker this summer.

The Ipswich chief has been linked with the likes of David Nugent, David Healy and Angelos Charisteas while Celtic striker Chris Killen was the latest name to be mentioned upon the collapse of the Ameobi deal.

However, it is understood that, while Magilton is an admirer of Killen, he is not interested in bringing him to Suffolk and has pinned his hopes in convincing Newcastle to accept the new Ameobi deal. 

It therefore looks like it's going to be Ameobi or nothing as the clock ticks ever closer to the closing of the transfer window on September 1. Alan Lee will certainly be taking a keen interest in developments with the Republic of Ireland international expected to leave Ipswich if the Ameobi deal can be pushed through.

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock revealed he has made an enquiry about the 29-year-old as he looks to replace the firepower lost when Clinton Morrison left Selhurst Park for Coventry.

Meanwhile, it looks like Magilton could have his work cut out in trying to convince Moritz Volz to drop down to the Championship despite the Blues having a bid accepted by Fulham.

Volz has told Town he wants to sit tight for the moment to see if another top flight European side comes in for him.

Sunderland are reportedly keen on the former Arsenal and Schalke defender while clubs from France and Germany are interested but the 25-year-old is going to take a lot of convincing to leave his London lifestyle behind.

Volz has come to realise he is unlikely to play a major part in Fulham's Premiership campaign upon Roy Hodgson's decision to bring in another right-back over the summer in the form of Fredrik Stoor.

Whether Volz would be prepared to give up the big smoke in return for regular first team football remains to be seen.

But Magilton's need to bring in another right back may not be quite so acute upon the news that David Wright has started light jogging following an ankle injury.

The former Crewe man damaged ankle ligaments in the opening day defeat to Preston but he could be back in action sooner than anticipated according to physio Matt Byard.

“Wrighty returned to jogging yesterday and had no reaction,” he told the club website. “We will be increasing his work load over the next few days and will continue to monitor his progress.”

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s78/st132368.htm

Ameobi failed a medical at Town earlier this week with a hamstring injury but Newcastle are reportedly desperate to get Shola off their wage bill they are willing to loan him to Town until January with Town having first refusal on the 26-year-old when the transfer window re-opens.

Seems a good deal for both sides depending on what wage he's asking for.

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s78/st132368.htm

Ameobi failed a medical at Town earlier this week with a hamstring injury but Newcastle are reportedly desperate to get Shola off their wage bill they are willing to loan him to Town until January with Town having first refusal on the 26-year-old when the transfer window re-opens.

Seems a good deal for both sides depending on what wage he's asking for.

£7.50 to clean the toilets and £2.50 to brasso Bobby's statue I think.

Thats why the fee would be agreed now as long as he is able to play in so many games. Newcastle will worry about this cause Ipswich might just play up to the limit of games and then not play him and pick him up on a free at Xmas, so the number of games must be pretty low.

If he goes on loan, we'll never get a fee for him come January since his contract expires at the end of the season, and everyone will know, by then, that he's shite.

Thats why the fee would be agreed now as long as he is able to play in so many games. Newcastle will worry about this cause Ipswich might just play up to the limit of games and then not play him and pick him up on a free at Xmas, so the number of games must be pretty low.

Have faith my friends - don't forget the way Ashley screwed Stoke out of a ridiculous loan fee. We might not get 3m for him, but have faith that Ashley will sting 1-2m out of someone :lol:

look, if someone takes the wages for the rest of his contract surely that'll do?

as someone else said, i'm not sure finding fees is an issue for us, it's balancing the number of players on the books & their wages

get shot of shola regardless, must be done, then smith, then sign one striker who'll do a better job than the two of them put together

I'm confident Ameobi will go before the end of the month, regardless of how it's arranged.

Everyone now knows we want rid, he wants to go, and that his fitness may be an issue.

The deal will simply be re-negotiated.