Woodgate or Coloccini

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not surprised at the results on here....no bias or owt

I wonder what the results would be if we had Woody and Colo had just signed for Spuds?  I`d guess the opposite and the fans would be going on about how unproven he is, how many clubs he couldn`t settle at and so on......

The results are to be expected because of Woodgates injury record, ofcourse we're going to pick the guy who played every minute last season. It's nothing to do with bias.

I wonder what the results would be if we had Woody and Colo had just signed for Spuds?  I`d guess the opposite and the fans would be going on about how unproven he is, how many clubs he couldn`t settle at and so on......

The results are to be expected because of Woodgates injury record, ofcourse we're going to pick the guy who played every minute last season. It's nothing to do with bias.

yeah, right :lol:

yeah, right :lol:

Whether bias has been a factor or not, the results are still sensible.

I loved Woody, but injuries have taken their toll, he really isn't what he used to be. Was't outstanding at Boro and hasn't been at Spurs either. Was at Wembley last night and he didn't look much good at all. I know he only had a short time on the pitch but he's gone downhill since leaving us.

Furthermore, Coloccini on hairstyle alone.

:colo: of course

Seem him many times and honestly he have never had a bad game. Less injury prone, probably less wage and probably a better defender. Colo can´t just defend. He can also attack. And I´m sure you will see that in not a too far future.

• 1 year later...

had a phone call from plymouth an hour or so ago. my mates in a pub "whats this a about woodgate, it's just been on sky sports that he's having a medical at newcastle"

now, my guess is ssn were doing there "on this day" feature but there is a car load of geordies now on their way back thinking we are about to re-sign woodgate.

• 5 weeks later...

Coloccini, Why? F I T N E S S.

Tottenham defender Jonathan Woodgate is concerned that he may have to quit football as he battles to overcome the long-term groin injury that has restricted him to only three Premier League games this season.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Spurs-star-fears-he-may-have-to-quit-article309893.html

that would be a real shame. he's definitely the best defender* i can ever remember playing for us

* tied with philippe albert

I was dead set against Keegan signing Woodgate and his injury history is the reason why. Otherwise probably the best centre half I've seen here.

Aye. If it's a fit Colo against a fit Woodgate, there's no question for me - Woodgate every time.

woodgate was by far the better player, not too sure about now. colo wins by the fact the he plays. better off with an ok defender for the vast majority of games than an excellent one (if he still is) for half  a season.

Guest Stephen927

woodgate was by far the better player, not too sure about now. colo wins by the fact the he plays. better off with an ok defender for the vast majority of games than an excellent one (if he still is) for half  a season.

:nods:

Woodgate's on another level to most of the defenders we've ever had. Sadly his fitness record is so bad that the whole thing's academic.

Probably the best defender I can remember seeing play for us.

This

Guest kingdawson

Woodgate has been a great signing for us. Was injury free for a year and a half but sadly this season has been terrible for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a day at the end of the season.