Bolton (H) 23/08/08 @ 3pm

Nobody

I hope those anti footballing c***s dont come here and do the same s*** as last season or we could come away with just a point.

which is why we should have added a couple of attacking players before now

still, I expect a win, Oba should be far too much for Obi

Oh f*** off man. For one thing, the window isn't even shut and we may even have these attackers in by the time we play Bolton (that's 5 days away). Two things then.

Owt for a whinge, honestly. We've been unfortunate in the transfer market SO FAR, but still done bloody well. Live with it.

so you're happy we're likely to be playing Milner and Butt in the midfield again?

I wasn't whinging tbf, in fact I thought that was quite a positive post  :dave:

Cant wait for this already. If we fail to win, then there was no point in doing so well at OT. We must carry it over into 3 points before a trip to Arsenal.

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini N'Zogbia

Milner Guthrie Butt Gutierrez

Duff

Martins

Subs: Harper , Bassong , Cacapa , Enrique , Geremi , Smith , Owen

if Taylor is injured, then play Bassong. Keep N'Zogbia there for home games, his pace and blasting down the wing will help Gutierrez alot just like at ManU.

Give Owen 20-30 minutes.

3-0 win for the lads.

Martins (2) , Guthrie.

anyone know how many tickets we have sold? hopefully there will be at least 50,000 there including Bolton's super-shit support.

I think if we continue our impressive display from Old Trafford against Bolton we might get a spectacular win. Not the result itself, but the way it would have been achieved. I'd love to see what the press would come up with of "Bad Days at the Toon" headlines then.

I expect a 3, maybe 4-0 victory, and us and Chelsea being the only teams after two rounds that have massively impressed in front of their home fans in the sense of style of play and goals.

Call me optimistic, or insane, but I just have a good feeling before a game, for once.

Would like to se

Given

Beye Colo Taylor  Enrique

Butt

Jonas      Guthrie  N'Zogbia

Milner

Martins

Would tell Milner, Zog and Jonas to push right up and support Martins and don't be afraid to switch positions between the three of them.

I cannot wait for this one, Saturday cannot come soon enough..

(if Taylor is fit for this move Bassong to LB)

------------Given

Beye---Colo----Bass---Enr

Jonas--Guth----Butt---Milner

------------------Zoggy

----------Oba

-----------------Given----------------------

Beye----Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

----------------Guthrie--------------------

Gutierrez-----Milner----------Zoggy

---------Owen-----Martins-------------

We're at home, against a team likely to finish in the bottom half. I think we should go all out and have a really attacking front 5 with Guthrie playing a DM role. The back 4 should be tight and give nothing away against Bolton.

If Owen isn't fully fit, start with Duff.

I think he'll probably start with Butt and probably the team that did so well at Man u.

I like this team though, very attacking. Think we need Enrique for his height and better defensive qualities v Bolton, gives Zoggy a chance to redeem himself in his best position which he is very capable of doing, i noticed v man u, milner spent alot of time in the middle, more so late on. I fancy Jonas to carve them up down either wing but it would be especially good if he could get in behind them. Alot of responsibility on Guthrie if we go with this formation though.

Expect Bolton to have 9 men behind the ball with long balls booted to Davies and Elmander upfront

We will do well to break them down and it could be a really frustrating game.

Wouldn't surprise me if Davies or Elmander are dropped away from home and they go one up top.  We are just going to have to make sure our ball rention is good and try and get Martins and Jonas to get in behind their very deep backline.  If they drop too deep for this we need to get men in and around the box and get some long shots off and hope we win the odd set piece and keep a short passing game going forcing them to run all of the time and tire much quicker than us.

Cant wait for this already. If we fail to win, then there was no point in doing so well at OT. We must carry it over into 3 points before a trip to Arsenal.

never understand why people say stuff like this. there was a point in it regardlesss of our result against bolton, one point exactly infact.

Given

Beye          Taylor      Coloccini      N'Zogbia

Butt

Guthrie

Milner                                            Jonas

Duff

Martins

3-1 Elmander, Martins, Guthrie and Owen (from the bench)

I cannot wait for this one, Saturday cannot come soon enough..

(if Taylor is fit for this move Bassong to LB)

------------Given

Beye---Colo----Bass---Enr

Jonas--Guth----Butt---Milner

------------------Zoggy

----------Oba

Nice but I think we could afford to drop butt for this one as sloppy passing is something we don't need at home

------------Given

Beye  Colo  Bass  Enrique

Jonas      Guth          Duff

Milner

------------------Zoggy

----------Oba

head tells me this might be another 10 men behind the ball frustration exercise that have become so familiar recently at SJP

heart (and a bit of head) tells me that in jonas, guthrie & what appeared to me to be a very fired up obagoals on sunday we have enough players in the team at the moment who can drop a shoulder & beat a man thus creating the space we've lacked so much in recent times at home, with teams like bolton if you breach their first line of defence they'll struggle to cope

all depends on the start, as always - get about them and score early and i confidently predict we'll bury them

head tells me this might be another 10 men behind the ball frustration exercise that have become so familiar recently at SJP

heart (and a bit of head) tells me that in jonas, guthrie & what appeared to me to be a very fired up obagoals on sunday we have enough players in the team at the moment who can drop a shoulder & beat a man thus creating the space we've lacked so much in recent times at home, with teams like bolton if you breach their first line of defence they'll struggle to cope

all depends on the start, as always - get about them and score early and i confidently predict we'll bury them

The last bit is key. If we score early on, i fancy us to hammer them KK style.

Expect Bolton to have 9 men behind the ball with long balls booted to Davies and Elmander upfront

We will do well to break them down and it could be a really frustrating game.

Yes, expect this to happen - we desperately need an early goal, and if that happens, I reckon its going to be a 3-1 win...if we fail to score by 10 mins into the second half, we will be up against it ; Megson had them organised last time, but Guttierez could be the key - attacking them at pace down the flanks could undo their discipline but it won't be easy. I hope Owen is match-fit, because his opportunism could be vital.

We are back to square one if we lose this game, as we have Arsenal away after it...

I would go with a very positive side against Bolton and look to blow them away.

Given

Beye           Coloccini           Taylor           Enrique

Gutierrez      Butt                 Guthrie           N'Zogbia

Owen               Martins

I don't think Bolton could live with that side attacking them and I don't think that we would have to do much defending if we get straight at them.  I would be happy to see that 11 play most games with the exception of a replacement for Butt.

Given

Beye            Coloccini            Taylor            Enrique

Gutierrez      Butt                  Guthrie           N'Zogbia

Owen                Martins

I don't think Bolton could live with that side attacking them and I don't think that we would have to do much defending if we get straight at them.  I would be happy to see that 11 play most games with the exception of a replacement for Butt.

Only problem is that i can't see KK leaving Duff out, or starting Enrique for that matter. Although, i do agree.

I think KK will start with Owen on the bench and bring him on.

Given

Beye            Coloccini            Taylor            Enrique

Gutierrez      Butt                  Guthrie           N'Zogbia

Owen                Martins

Only problem is that i can't see KK leaving Duff out, or starting Enrique for that matter. Although, i do agree.

I think KK will start with Owen on the bench and bring him on.

he'll go unchanged imo, not exactly like the performance at OT was simply a defensive one

Reckon it will be an ugly hard fought battle. Can see them keeping most behind the ball punting long balls up front. Would not be suprised at all for them to score some dirty knockdown and scramble goal from a long punt/throw in but I think we have enough class to pick them apart.

One thing I worry about is their physical approach causing some kncoks to our players. Go for a 2-1 win.