James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm genuinely shocked about this, although as long as we replace him - I won't lose sleep.

I must admit after last nights showing, I thought he was showing some genuine progress that'd paid off. Time for things ever more interesting now.....eek

JP - 27 August 2008 14:17

If Newcastle allow Milner to leave us I doubt I would be able to stand this club and their nonsense anymore I think. We should do what ManUre have done with Ronaldo end of. Either that or offer him a bumper contract! I just can't believe it just when things started to look good for us!

..Bless.

Guest Brazilianbob

We don't have to sell and if Villa, Liverpool won't meet our valuation then he stays, end of story.  No point speculating.  Villa probably hope we will drop our asking price because he has asked for a transfer, but as others have said, we should adopt the stance Villa took with Barry.  £12m cash or Milner goes nowhere apart from the stiffs.

Those stats confirm what most of us already thought. He won't be a huge loss for us.

They confirm that stats can be used to prove anything lol Did he not miss most of his games under KK ?

He was around for all the defeats and when we dropped him and a few others, changed formation we started winning.

2 assists from a winger is dodgy no matter how you sugar coat it.

Those stats confirm what most of us already thought. He won't be a huge loss for us.

They confirm that stats can be used to prove anything lol Did he not miss most of his games under KK ?

He was around for all the defeats and when we dropped him and a few others, changed formation we started winning.

2 assists from a winger is dodgy no matter how you sugar coat it.

LOL he was never dropped he was injured when KK came in. Could it maybe not be KK came in, performances got better including more attacking football allowing players to get more assists ? My god some people on here are so short sighted.

If you want SWP or Lennon over Milner you need to get your fucking head checked.  Milner may not be as fast as SWP/Lennon but at least he has an end product and knows how to cross the ball.  The timing of all this reeks of shit, something is amiss behind the scenes.

If you want SWP or Lennon over Milner you need to get your fucking head checked.  Milner may not be as fast as SWP/Lennon but at least he has an end product and knows how to cross the ball.  The timing of all this reeks of shit, something is amiss behind the scenes.

See this is what I was on about. Bonkers.

If you want SWP or Lennon over Milner you need to get your f***ing head checked.  Milner may not be as fast as SWP/Lennon but at least he has an end product and knows how to cross the ball.  The timing of all this reeks of s***, something is amiss behind the scenes.

Keeping this secret to himself, is he?

If you want SWP or Lennon over Milner you need to get your fucking head checked. Milner may not be as fast as SWP/Lennon but at least he has an end product and knows how to cross the ball. The timing of all this reeks of shit, something is amiss behind the scenes.

I never try to criticise posts on here but wow, what a poor post.

Lennon has more 'end product' than Milner and SWP on form pisses on both.

I sometimes wonder, i really do.

Get over yourself.

Milner is just a white SWP with less pace and more versatility really.

And has played more consistently for many more seasons.  SWP had what, one or two good seasons at Man City then pissed it away because he wanted a big money/glory move to Chelsea and got to rot on the bench instead?  Milner is a much more vaulable player than SWP or Lennon will/could ever be.

If you want SWP or Lennon over Milner you need to get your f***ing head checked.  Milner may not be as fast as SWP/Lennon but at least he has an end product and knows how to cross the ball.  The timing of all this reeks of s***, something is amiss behind the scenes.

Sounds like a guy who watched his very first Newcastle game last night.

Last season, when Villa played Zat Knight, statistically we let in far fewer goals.

That'd suggest that Knight is a better player than Curtis Davies.

Hmmm.

Guest Mucky01

it is only the limited knowledge of footballers that make people continually talk of SWP or Lennon, look at our signings so far, no one would have predicted them, stop squabbling and wait for the replacements.

Sounds like a guy who watched his very first Newcastle game last night.

Milner put in a great performance last night but I have seen him put in plenty of good performances over the last few seasons unlike SWP/Lennon who have really good form of sitting on the bench.  Milner has, overall, been very consistent and he's always out there trying his hardest, SWP or Lennon aren't good enough to get the chance regularly.