James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd imagine we're holding out for a huge fee because we have to pay Leeds a cut of it and we're not right impressed with that. Maybe we value him at £10m (:iamatwat:) and are rejecting bids until the potential net income gets near that.

Milner's career stats including European games.

Season        Games(Sub)          Goals          Assists

2002/3                1(21)                  2                  0

2003/4              34(3)                  5                  0

2004/5              18(23)                1                  2

2005/6                37(2)                  3                10 (The season at Villa)

2006/7              46(7)                  4                11

2007/8              27(4)                  3                  3

To be fair,those are pretty good stats mate,he looks as if he`s starting to come of age,he always looked one of your better players

in the highlights and games I`ve seen.

They're not.  He's had one decent season here so far with 53 games in it which whilst that is an impressive stat, it dilutes the goals and assists.

And most of those assists and goals came against the crap in Europe we met in the early rounds.  I remember a similar striker crisis around that time and he was starting every game.

Imagine how poor 1878 is feeling reading these posts. :lol:

So they could end up paying around £13 million for Milner and Smith. :smug:

Wow.

<i>Wow.</i>

That could make me buy an Everton season ticket. Just out of pure gratitude.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

See, now I'm nervous. 10m+! What do they see that we don't see?

They see 30 second MOTD highlights, we see 90 minutes of the slowest stepovers since my attempt in 5 a side ten years ago.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

They understand the game. Like KK

They see 30 second MOTD highlights, we see 90 minutes of the slowest stepovers since my attempt in 5 a side ten years ago.

Tiny part of me is bricking it. "Shit, we couldn't possibly be swindling other clubs on transfer fees. He's going to turn into Ronaldo within a year!"

Guest hikickry

they see what we have been saying for ages; hes english, hes young, future england, works hard...you know, the type of thing we have said to defend his performances over the years   :pow:

Guest Howaythetoon

Milner to the right team will be worth £10m, 5 years at least service, will play vast majority of games, won't cause any problems off the pitch, won't cost the earth in terms of wages and good for 7 goals and 5 assists a year on average. In today's climate £10m is about right.

Guest neesy111

Milner to the right team will be worth £10m, 5 years at least service, will play vast majority of games, won't cause any problems off the pitch, won't cost the earth in terms of wages and good for 7 goals and 5 assists a year on average. In today's climate £10m is about right.

that make's geremi worth 15 million on those stats

Season        Games(Sub)          Goals          Assists

2002/3                1(21)                  2                  0

2003/4              34(3)                  5                  0

2004/5              18(23)                1                  2

2005/6                37(2)                  3                10 (The season at Villa)

2006/7              46(7)                  4                11

2007/8              27(4)                  3                  3

7 goals a season average? ???