James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bloody hell, £12m for Milner. They must think he'll turn into some player. To be fair to the lad, he'll put the effort in no doubt and he's still young, but so far he's shown himself to have the ability of a £4million player if anything. Cant ever see him getting a regular game for England. £12 million, its hard to believe. I think that blinder against Coventry has raised his price significantly, a few scouts must have been watching him and considered that kind of performance to be his potential, which is misleading as the Premiership has stronger, faster, better fullbacks than Coventry had.

Good luck to him though, a transfer request is imo more honourable and honest than trying to engineer a move in private and thereby still getting a loyalty bonus. I think we have a better replacement already at the club in Jonas, we already have a better young winger with far more pace and dribbling/crossing ability in Zog, and there are considerably better wingers than him out there, so he'll not be missed. Hope he develops into a good winger eventually, but without meaning to sound bitter, im glad it's someone else who'll be developing him, and not us. He'll not suit the style of football that we want to play, but should should others.

this

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy b******" on his return.

(i'm very pissed off with his behaviour over this even if the outcome-12mill if true- is fantastic for us)

I don't really blame Milner, I think he'd have stayed given any encouragement. He gambled and he lost basically.

i blame him because he signed a contract last year and wanted a better deal because someone else got one. that someone else was in the last year of his contract (the normal time for renegotiating contracts). pure and simple greed IMO.

It could be argued he was worth a better contract (not my opinion though) and he probably thought it was worth a go to ask for one. In any case, it's a good day for the club. A great fee for an average player, and a message sent out to the rest of the squad. Be careful what you wish for...

Guest neesy111

looking at the stats, would ppl be disappointed with geremi on the right, he has set-up quite a few goals in open play

Waddle / Beardsley / Gascoigne / Milner

mackems.gif

You see  -  YOU don't rate Milner.

I don't rate him too highly (but I also do not think he is ANYTHING LIKE as bad as many on here do).

But . . . OTHERS (Martin O'Neil, Stuart Pearce, for example) DO rate him.

So - your understandable 'mickey-taking' is not as profoundly correct or hilarious, as you would like it to be.

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy b******" on his return.

(i'm very pissed off with his behaviour over this even if the outcome-12mill if true- is fantastic for us)

So - we may now have £12M to spend from the sale of Milner.

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

Waddle / Beardsley / Gasgoigne  -  the good old days are BACK!

(Don't have a go at me!)

a selling club sells their best players

milner woudn't even be me starting eleven with every1 fit

The "need to sell first, to buy" is the main point being made here (not WHO the player we sell is).

Like when we sold Andy Cole in order to get Les in?

Or then we had to sell Les to part pay for Shearer?

My early impressions of Jonas by the way is that he's much better on the left, and the right wing will be contested by Duff and  Geremi if no-one comes in.

Cheers for the analysis. i will bear that in mind.

My early impressions of Jonas by the way is that he's much better on the left, and the right wing will be contested by Duff and  Geremi if no-one comes in.

Cheers for the analysis. i will bear that in mind.

:lol:

mackems.gif

You see  -  YOU don't rate Milner.

I don't rate him too highly (but I also do not think he is ANYTHING LIKE as bad as many on here do).

So - your understandable 'mickey-taking' is not as profoundly correct or hilarious, as you would like it to be.

Oh go on, top up your half-empty glass with a bit more drink.

mackems.gif

Some people rated Goma, Marcelino, Luque, Boumsong, Maric etc Get the point?

I don't really blame Milner, I think he'd have stayed given any encouragement. He gambled and he lost basically.

i blame him because he signed a contract last year and wanted a better deal because someone else got one. that someone else was in the last year of his contract (the normal time for renegotiating contracts). pure and simple greed IMO.

It could be argued he was worth a better contract (not my opinion though) and he probably thought it was worth a go to ask for one. In any case, it's a good day for the club. A great fee for an average player, and a message sent out to the rest of the squad. Be careful what you wish for...

he agreed to the contract and knew what it meant,he also knew that it meant should he play poorly and not be in the first team squad he'd still get paid at that level. it cuts both ways but players now want it all one way. i stand by my "pure greed" opinion.

He's going for £12m! Everything we've seen for NUFC over the last few years must have been a trick! He must be really good!

Fuck off, he's average at best and this is daylight robbery. :lol:

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

Waddle / Beardsley / Gasgoigne  -  the good old days are BACK!

(Don't have a go at me!)

We didn't have to sell Milner to buy, we're selling him because he wants out. If Man U had sold Ronaldo, would that have made them a "Selling club"? You need to look at the circumstances of the sale before sticking a label on like that.

I understand all that.

However, the evidence is that Ashley has been reluctant to seriously spend before now.

If he does spend now - I wonder if that will be a mere coincidence?

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

Waddle / Beardsley / Gasgoigne  -  the good old days are BACK!

(Don't have a go at me!)

We didn't have to sell Milner to buy, we're selling him because he wants out. If Man U had sold Ronaldo, would that have made them a "Selling club"? You need to look at the circumstances of the sale before sticking a label on like that.

I understand all that.

However, the evidence is that Ashley has been reluctant to seriously spend before now.

If he does spend now - I wonder if that will be a mere coincidence?

the evidence is we have paid more than we ever had for a defender and had a club record fee accepted for another player isn't it ?

mackems.gif

Some people rated Goma, Marcelino, Luque, Boumsong, Maric etc Get the point?

It most certainly depends on who the "some people" are, I obviously totally agree.

Which is why I wrote what I did.

Get the point?

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Can't really point to those as fact tbh.

Guest toonlass

£12 million??????????? Seriously £12 million.  :cheesy:

Either MON sees something that everyone in Newcastle has missed for the last couple of years, or he has been on the  :toke:

:dance: