La Liga 2008/09

Mr. Snrub

Guest firetotheworks

As for Iniesta, I was one for saying Fabregas should be in the first team, but I always said it should have been ahead of Senna, then the Euros happened, and Senna was immense.

It's more the psychology behind the substitution than the actual player if you ask me. Sort of like Guardiola saying "that'll do" and the rest of the team sitting back on the lead a little more, rather than going for the jugular time after time after time.

He's still a lot more defensive than Henry, and far less clever/mobile/forward-thinking than Iniesta in midfield is!

Rich nails it. ;) :lol:

Ref was kind to Madrid there.

*Tips hat*

Sort of game that makes you remember why you like football. Sure that feeling will be gone again by about 2/3pm tomorrow...

I hope they absolutely f*** Chelsea in the arse next week. Sick of hearing how it was 'job done', 'one foot in the final' and all that s*** after implementing an outrageously negative gameplan in the first leg. Good luck keeping this lot out twice.

6-2 btw.

I do not see how 0-0 at the Camp Nou is not job done tbh. That same team they drew 0-0 against just raped Real bloody Madrid 6-2 in the Bernabeu ffs. Tbh, I think Chelsea are going through anyway. Barca's back five really is relatively weak and I think they'll ship a couple of goals. Either way I want the winner of that semifinal to win the whole thing.

I love 'Pep' as well like. Was an absolutely alluring player. The way he dictated games was a joy to behold.

Remember Keegan was after Pep when he was first here.

Got Scott Sellars instead  :laugh:

As for Iniesta, I was one for saying Fabregas should be in the first team, but I always said it should have been ahead of Senna, then the Euros happened, and Senna was immense.

I don't see how he could have ever been ahead of Senna anyway since he plays a totally different role to Fabregas.

Iniesta is immense and I prefer Xavi to Fabregas. He's just not good enough to break into that midfield.

Ref was kind to Madrid there.

*Tips hat*

Sort of game that makes you remember why you like football. Sure that feeling will be gone again by about 2/3pm tomorrow...

Aye, unfortunately.

I hope they absolutely f*** Chelsea in the arse next week. Sick of hearing how it was 'job done', 'one foot in the final' and all that s*** after implementing an outrageously negative gameplan in the first leg. Good luck keeping this lot out twice.

6-2 btw.

I do not see how 0-0 at the Camp Nou is not job done tbh. That same team they drew 0-0 against just raped Real bloody Madrid 6-2 in the Bernabeu ffs. Tbh, I think Chelsea are going through anyway. Barca's back five really is relatively weak and I think they'll ship a couple of goals. Either way I want the winner of that semifinal to win the whole thing.

Eh? Exactly.

It's more the psychology behind the substitution than the actual player if you ask me. Sort of like Guardiola saying "that'll do" and the rest of the team sitting back on the lead a little more, rather than going for the jugular time after time after time.

He's still a lot more defensive than Henry, and far less clever/mobile/forward-thinking than Iniesta in midfield is!

Rich nails it. ;) :lol:

I did say "hope not" in the first post, to be fair! The game died on it's arse as a contest from the point Barca went 4-2 up, Madrid threw the towel in. Thought that had more to do with the ending we saw than Keita's introduction, to be honest, game totally died a death and they STILL managed to slot 2 more goals in. Tempo totally went though.

Barcelona v Man Utd would be a game that I actually do think would live upto it's billing.

Man Utd would just try and squeeze out any of Barcelona's attacking instincts. All IMO of course.

6-2 btw.

Eh? Exactly.

Wait. What? I'm saying Barcelona are the premier attacking force in the world and I don't think Chelsea should be criticised for having the solidity to keep them from scoring. Considering that was only the second time it's been done all season.

6-2 btw.

Eh? Exactly.

Wait. What? I'm saying Barcelona are the premier attacking force in the world and I don't think Chelsea should be criticised for having the solidity to keep them from scoring. Considering that was only the second time it's been done all season.

The media here were saying Chelsea had one foot in the final because they stopped Barca once. Patently bollocks considering Barca's attacking pedigree. If anything the 0-0 suits Barca more than a 2-1 win because of the importance of away goals.

Chelsea did well to stop them scoring, but tonight has shown Barcelona are easily as dangerous away from home. Because Chelsea didn't attack at all in the first leg they now need to come out at home, and that space can and probably will be exploited.

Still thing they'll play to contain and wait for Drogba to out muscle Barca's CB. Possibly will play Anelka out wide as a slightly more attacking formation but this will still be Chelsea playing for 1-0 or 2-1.