KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Down to 1.14 on Betfair

Whats that mean to us not attracted to wasting our money betting ? ;)

Not a lot, the shortening odds are just a reaction to the press speculation.

The best indication is that no serious money has gone on yet, meaning nobody knows what is going on. There is almost as much money on Keegan to stay.

Edit: Unless I'm misreading the odds, I'm not an expert!

There have been a couple of rumours that we are about to secure some Middle Eastern investment of our own. Could this have any bearing on today's events?

More like KK was promised funds to build a decent side in the summer and ended up only spending about £5.5million net, so left.

Sounding like a broken record now, but that would have been around the £20-30m mark had he managed to attract Modric & Woodgate, where the club have even admitted bids were made.

I can confirmthat we have sold Owen, Smith and Barton (announcement being witheld) and have three replacements in the boardroom with Keegan and the crew, and they are trying to convince him to embrace them, because Keegan had threatened to walk if they were sold.

Should be sorted shortly. Zola ready to take over if Keegan can't be convinced.

Guest black n white

There have been a couple of rumours that we are about to secure some Middle Eastern investment of our own. Could this have any bearing on today's events?

Where are these rumours?

ssn and northern echo, apparently the people that bought man city tried to but newcastle first

but ashley didnt want to sell

I can confirmthat we have sold Owen, Smith and Barton (announcement being witheld) and have three replacements in the boardroom with Keegan and the crew, and they are trying to convince him to embrace them, because Keegan had threatened to walk if they were sold.

Should be sorted shortly. Zola ready to take over if Keegan can't be convinced.

I don't know whether that's a joke or not.

These bloody kids on the TV in the background are annoying like - why the hell are they smiling?

"Oooo, look at me, Keegan may be leaving but I'm on the TV"

So many pathetic excuses for human beings, just desperate to get on the telly

Where are these rumours?

ssn and northern echo, apparently the people that bought man city tried to but newcastle first

but ashley didnt want to sell

Nothing to do with that.

Davig Craig last night:

"Newcastle fans may look at Manchester City tonight and feel dissappointed, but I understand that this won't be the last lot of Middle Eastern cash coming into the Premier League this season."

fucking hell man, craig says kk wasnt at training, then they show footage of him 'this morning at training, on the phone, deep in conversation' and its actually terry mac. so we're supposed to believe these people? and their 'highly placed sky sports news football sources' ?

fuck off man

Guest Guinness

Its still sky sources saying Keegan has been sacked, the club are not saying anything at the moment, clutching at straws I know.