KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we appoint Poyet and Wise I will be sick.

That would truly show how horribly out of touch Ashley is.

If we appoint those two i really expected to wake up and go "f*** THAT WAS SCARY" then go back to sleep

Would honestly rather have a Souness-Roeder dream ticket. At least that would give me something to laugh about.

Wise and Poyet????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Newcastle sack Keegan after explosive Ashley showdown with Wise and Poyet favourites to take Toon forward

Kevin Keegan

Departed: Kevin Keegan has been fired

Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet are favourites to take over at Newcastle after Kevin Keegan was sensationally sacked by the club this morning.

Following an explosive meeting at the club yesterday, owner Mike Ashley has decided to end Keegan's eight-month reign as club manager.

The pair are understood to have clashed over the club's transfer policy and the decision to try and sell controversial midfielder Joey Barton. After announcing the sale of England Under 21 captain James Milner last week, Keegan called on Newcastle supporters to judge him and the club after the closure of the transfer window.

Yesterday the club signed Uruguay international Ignacio Gonzalez and Spanish striker Xisco, two more deals from La Liga which are the handiwork of Wise and fellow director Tony Jimenez.

It is believed Keegan has not seen either player play.

And before that, Barton was in talks with a top 10 Premier League club, believed to be Portsmouth, but the moved collapsed yesterday afternoon.

Scroll down for more

Wise/Poyet

Tipped for the top: Dennis Wise (left) barks out the orders during his days as Leeds boss as his then assistant Gus Poyet looks on

The Newcastle manager had already caused concern in the boardroom with his unequivocal support for Barton, who returned to the Newcastle bench on Saturday after serving a six-month prison sentence for assault.

Ashley wanted to sack Barton while he was in prison and reduce his ?85,000-a-week wages.

Keegan, 57, who walked away from his post as Newcastle boss in 1997 before returning for a second spell after Sam Allardyce's reign, has endured rather than enjoyed an acrimonious relationship with Ashley and the Newcastle board since he was asked to take over from Sam Allardyce in January.

Scroll down for more

Kevin Keegan

Crunch time: Keegan's days look numbered

He achieved his first task, which was to guide the club away from relegation, but has had little say in the club's transfers.

More...

* Ashley warned by police after downing a pint in the crowd at the Emirates

* Newcastle agree a ?5.7m fee for Deportivo striker Xisco

* ALL THE NEWS ON NEWCASTLE FROM ACROSS THE NET

Summer signings Danny Guthrie, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez are all believed to be signed by Wise and Jimenez.

In addition, Keegan has tried and failed to sort a new contract for Michael Owen, despite calling for that issue to be resolved four months ago.

Owen has still to pen a new deal, and at the weekend Newcastle took the unusual step of announcing that the club captain had been offered an improved three-year deal.

It now seems unlikely the England striker, left out of Fabio Capello's latest squad, will sign a new deal without Keegan at the helm.

Ashley meanwhile faces an impossible task winning back the faith of supporters, with the attendance falling to their lowest in 10 years for the first home game against Bolton.

The billionaire businessman was pictured downing a pint of lager during the defeat at Arsenal on Saturday, and every Geordie has an affinity with that.

But he has alienated thousands of club fans by sacking the club Messiah.

Appointing Wise as his successor, or asking Poyet to quit Tottenham to work with his former Leeds boss, will prove just as unpopular.

sempuki, where is this big pile of horse dung from?

Daily Mail. Hope to God it's totally fabricated.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED ! ! !

......Not sure if i can take anymore....stupid situations like this is what we have been served every 6 months or so for many many years!!!!

...I really really believed all summer that ashley / KK was doing a good job....for once running the club properly.....thinking long term and improve all departments at the club!

dont know what have happened....but my guess is that kk didnt have full control over his squad.....as he should!!!

What the f... is Ashleys intentions.....what is hes plans for the club????????????????????????????????????????????????

WHAT A F...... JOKE THIS CLUB IS!!!!

It sounds like this has been brewing for a while. Ashley probably didn’t want to get rid of Keegan before the end of the transfer window, as it would then be very difficult to attract new players in, with the club in turmoil.

As for the reason why – let’s not jump to the conclusion that Keegan is entirely the wronged party here. More will come out.

Wise and Poyet????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Could you please remember to quote the source when you copy and paste an article!

daily mail.... must be true

In the melee of today's events, I'm unsure if this has already been posted.  If not, Mr Oliver feels Keegan won't leave Newcastle...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/02/toon-boss-future-in-doubt-after-meeting-72703-21657777/

Without doubt even more unpopular than Souness in the latter stages of his "reign". A big statement but true in my opinion.

In the melee of today's events, I'm unsure if this has already been posted.  If not, Mr Oliver feels Keegan won't leave Newcastle...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/02/toon-boss-future-in-doubt-after-meeting-72703-21657777/

He'll go then.

[quote author=p_cowell141 link=topic=5

5687.msg1471333#msg1471333 date=1220364094]

Ban the fucker!

Without doubt even more unpopular than Souness in the latter stages of his "reign". A big statement but true in my opinion.

He'll go then.

Ok, I said I wouldn't jump to conclusions or assume anything but here is my take on what's happened;

- KK is pissed off due to lack of bodies throughout the window and wants a showdown with Big Mike.

- Mike, Jeff and little Den are present and KK fumes

- KK storms out furious with the lack of action saying he's quit

- Big Mike reassures him of his plans for the club and gives KK until xx 'O'Clock to change his mind before announcing it publically.

We're in that period now. Hence no official noise from the club.

If Keegan really did storm out, then I'd hope the club don't come running after him like that. He's part of a team, and you can't run things like that.