KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Sun's take (sorry if this has already been posted) -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1644987.ece

lol, I hope you don't actually believe any of that?  No wonder the press have a hayday with us.  Most gullible fans in the Prem.

What on earth are you on about?

I just posted their take on proceedings, I didn't imply that I believed in it.

I don't know what to believe at the moment.

Hard to know what has gone on and until keegan brings out another book we might not even know.

From the outside it seems harsh to get rid of both Wise and Jimenez. There is however nothing to say Vetere wasnt responsible for all the transfers with Wise and Jimenez doing nothing noteworthy.

For me I cant see why they cant re-work their roles. I think Wise's role certainly has to be changed.

Keegan - 1st team    Needs complete control and trust in who he wants coming in. That doesnt mean Vetere/Jimenez cant find players and suggest them to him.

Wise- Youth/reserves    Should relinquish any roles that cross over with Keegan, should work under keegan if required. In charge of getting players on the young promising side, provided Keegan approves.

Vetere/Jimenez  Head Scouts that work under Wise/Keegan as necessary.

Will be interesting to see what happens, i am convinced whatever the outcome it will be for the best of the club. Regardless of what they might or might not have done the three amigos have brought in what looks like a great set of players so far.

Whilst it looks like Keegan is for most part in the right in this I cant help but think if he wasnt a growing Shearer like untouchable status surrounds him, rightly so but no man is bigger than the club and if he decided to walk, we will move on.

I can't believe what a circus we are and how we fans have been lied too.

Wasn't Owen offered a new contract? Now they're saying they tried to sell him?

Didn't Keegan say selling Milner was his decision? Now they're saying he wasn't happy?

And which credible team with ambitions will put their entire team up on the market?

What a joke we are.

KEVIN KEEGAN last night told the Newcastle board: Sack Dennis Wise and Ill stay on as boss.

King Kev produced an amazing series of ultimatums during showdown talks with club owner Mike Ashley yesterday.

Knowing he has the Toon fans behind him, Keegan called for:

- Executive director of football Wise to be paid off.

- Vice-president Tony Jimenez, who is in charge of player recruitment, to also be shown the door.

- Control of all transfers in and out AND given the power to negotiate all player contracts.

Just 24 hours earlier Keegans eight-month reign seemed to be coming to an end with the board squeezing him into a corner.

The ENTIRE first team was up for sale during the summer transfer window and two players Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez were brought in without his say so.

But, after vocal demonstrations by the fans, a revolt by the players and threats of a supporters boycott of the next home game, Keegan emerged holding all the aces.

A Toon insider told SunSport: The way Keegan is trying to pull this round is staggering.

"If he gets his way, hell have a power which he hasnt had since coming back.

Most of the Toon squad felt insulted by the discovery that they were up for sale.

Now, if Keegan does go, the stars loyal to him will ALL slap in transfer requests in January.

The insider said: The players feel surprised and disappointed and they also feel insulted.

Ive never known it so quiet here. Its like there was a funeral going on, like there had been a death in the family.

Kevs hugely popular among the players, so the mood is nothing like normal how could it be with so much hanging over the club?

Not sure I would agree with KK if that was his request. Although I agree that he should have the final say on transfers and contract negotiation, I think Wise and Jiminez has done a canny job with Jonas, Coloccini, Bassong and Guthrie (assuming those were all their recommendations). Think KK should be given more power but not to the extend of sacking Wise and Jimenez. 

I cant buy the press "facts" that Keegan knew nothing about Xisco or Gonzalez, considering he confirmed we were already far down the line with two deals last Friday and two deals were what we got.

Granted they might not have been players Keegan knew a whole lot about but surely these were the two he was talking about. So whilst they might be our transfer teams signings rather than Keegan he must have been happy with it.

Or are the press assuming the two keegan thought were far down the line fell through and these two were none of the remaining 3 we were in talks with. If thats the case he has a right to be pissed of we didnt get one out of five.

As for the other three, speculatively:

Malouda - scuppered by Robinho moving to Man City

Atouba - Seemed to stick two fingers up leaving us rushing to find someone else, with Warnock bids repeatedly rejected.

Zayatte - Might be wise and co fucked this one up over wages, or maybe Zayette just wanted guarenteed first team football at Hull

The Selling Barton/Smith etc theory seems more likely. Find it impossible that we put the whole squad up for grabs, plenty of players would have left had this been the case.

Didn't Keegan say selling Milner was his decision? Now they're saying he wasn't happy?

And which credible team with ambitions will put their entire team up on the market?

What a joke we are.

the bigger joke? fans actually believing this drivel

What a joke we are.

Yeah, people just get totally sucked in, even when they see the contradictions they still believe it, what will it take for people to stop swallowing every single thing they see on SSN or in the Sun? Sadly, I think we'll never find out.

Just heard Roeder on 5 Live. He was absolutely superb actually, not bitter, very dignified, said the Newcastle job was one of the best jobs in football, because of the fans. I think that says a lot for him, given the abuse he eventually received.

What a joke we are.

Yeah, people just get totally sucked in, even when they see the contradictions they still believe it, what will it take for people to stop swallowing every single thing they see on SSN or in the Sun? Sadly, I think we'll never find out.

At times of war facts are the first casualty. Stop preaching Indi.

KEVIN KEEGAN last night told the Newcastle board: Sack Dennis Wise and Ill stay on as boss.

King Kev produced an amazing series of ultimatums during showdown talks with club owner Mike Ashley yesterday.

Knowing he has the Toon fans behind him, Keegan called for:

- Executive director of football Wise to be paid off.

- Vice-president Tony Jimenez, who is in charge of player recruitment, to also be shown the door.

- Control of all transfers in and out AND given the power to negotiate all player contracts.

Just 24 hours earlier Keegans eight-month reign seemed to be coming to an end with the board squeezing him into a corner.

The ENTIRE first team was up for sale during the summer transfer window and two players Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez were brought in without his say so.

But, after vocal demonstrations by the fans, a revolt by the players and threats of a supporters boycott of the next home game, Keegan emerged holding all the aces.

A Toon insider told SunSport: The way Keegan is trying to pull this round is staggering.

"If he gets his way, hell have a power which he hasnt had since coming back.

Most of the Toon squad felt insulted by the discovery that they were up for sale.

Now, if Keegan does go, the stars loyal to him will ALL slap in transfer requests in January.

The insider said: The players feel surprised and disappointed and they also feel insulted.

Ive never known it so quiet here. Its like there was a funeral going on, like there had been a death in the family.

Kevs hugely popular among the players, so the mood is nothing like normal how could it be with so much hanging over the club?

Not sure I would agree with KK if that was his request. Although I agree that he should have the final say on transfers and contract negotiation, I think Wise and Jiminez has done a canny job with Jonas, Coloccini, Bassong and Guthrie (assuming those were all their recommendations). Think KK should be given more power but not to the extend of sacking Wise and Jimenez. 

I can,t believe there are still people among us who give enough credence to the ramblings of the  Sun to allow its drivel to be regurgitated on here.

Guest Anth.Nufc

SSN reporting KK is not at training ground again :yikes: not really a big surprise tho is it?

Also comments made by Roader basically saying it's a tragedy whats happening to the club and that there is no stability.  Also saying fans make it a special club.

Guest hikickry

SSN reporting KK is not at training ground again :yikes: not really a big surprise tho is it?

Also comments made by Roader basically saying it's a tragedy whats happening to the club and that there is no stability.  Also saying fans make it a special club.

yeh, i know. Why are they making a big deal of that, it isn't instrumental to KK's future. If he is focusing on meetings, he's hardly going to step out to go to training. The press really are numpties.

just got sent this on email

no Idea what the blunderland message board is that the sender refers to but its doing the rounds at work, could ofc be a massive SMB wind up which is what i expect it to be.

On Sunderland message board………

I was chatting to a former professional footballer today who I know quite well (and not a micky mouse one at that - he's won the FA Cup, but i'll not name names) but he's played for one of the big 3 North East clubs.

Word on the street amongst the football fraternity about the Keegan debarkle is.....

Keegan was informed he would get certain players before the transfer deadline and would keep certain players.

Milner was sold and although this was disappointing and unexpected, Keegan was informed they would be getting a world class premiership player from the top 4 in his place. This did not happen.

Keegan's contract is currently worth £8million. If he is sacked it would cost the scum the total sum of his contract - so after tax and NI, Keegan would get £6.5m.

I've been reliably informed that he is most definately not in the position to walk away from this money and resign (obviously this is alot of money and not many people could afford to do without it) - but you see from the likes of Alan Curbishley who has walked away from West Ham without receiving a penny in compensation. Keegan needs the money!

The League Manager's Association (LMA) has stepped in as Keegan wants to leave but does not want to resign and the club want to sack him but don't want to have to make the huge pay off.....

This is an untenable situation for King Kev and he will most definately be leaving NUFC once the finances have been sorted.....I'd expect a statement by the weekend saying that they have parted company 'by mutual consent' meaning the LMA have brokered a deal for Kev to get a nice golden handshake and Ashley's fingers not to be burnt too much.

That is all. But again from a very reliable source and not made up like many of the attention seeking wind up merchants on here.

managed to get the linkage off the sender

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=351159

no Idea what the blunderland message board is that the sender refers to but its doing the rounds at work, could ofc be a massive SMB wind up which is what i expect it to be.

On Sunderland message board

I was chatting to a former professional footballer today who I know quite well (and not a micky mouse one at that - he's won the FA Cup, but i'll not name names) but he's played for one of the big 3 North East clubs.

Word on the street amongst the football fraternity about the Keegan debarkle is.....

Keegan was informed he would get certain players before the transfer deadline and would keep certain players.

Milner was sold and although this was disappointing and unexpected, Keegan was informed they would be getting a world class premiership player from the top 4 in his place. This did not happen.

Keegan's contract is currently worth £8million. If he is sacked it would cost the scum the total sum of his contract - so after tax and NI, Keegan would get £6.5m.

I've been reliably informed that he is most definately not in the position to walk away from this money and resign (obviously this is alot of money and not many people could afford to do without it) - but you see from the likes of Alan Curbishley who has walked away from West Ham without receiving a penny in compensation. Keegan needs the money!

The League Manager's Association (LMA) has stepped in as Keegan wants to leave but does not want to resign and the club want to sack him but don't want to have to make the huge pay off.....

This is an untenable situation for King Kev and he will most definately be leaving NUFC once the finances have been sorted.....I'd expect a statement by the weekend saying that they have parted company 'by mutual consent' meaning the LMA have brokered a deal for Kev to get a nice golden handshake and Ashley's fingers not to be burnt too much.

That is all. But again from a very reliable source and not made up like many of the attention seeking wind up merchants on here.

Laughable most of that.

On Sunderland message board

Absolute codswallop.