KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wasn't particularly in favour of KK coming back - i saw it as a populist sop by an owner desperate to please fans at a club that he did not understand.

But Ashley have proven himself to be a f***ing joke, and an utter cretin, in a number of different ways, way beyond the appointment of a man he then hamstrung from the outset. FFS was also a c***, but at least he backed his managers. Ashley had f***ed it right up.

If Dennis Wise is in charge for the Hull game, which is mooted as a possibility, i'll not be going, and if he is put in place longer term, i'm cancelling my DD, offering the club the difference had i just got one years worth of tickets, and f***ing off. Whilst the club is always more important than the owner or manager, nowadays the club is increasingly defined by them, and i can't say i want much to do with a club that has Dennis f***ing Wise as a senior member of staff.

Don't worry too much monkey there'll still be more than 50K at the Hull game even without you.

Looks like the mackems are boycotting their games already judging by the empty spaces on Sunday. So much for "Roy's revolution".

The best result possible out of this would be both remaining in place, and I still think that is the most likely outcome.

Agree - the biggest asset this club has is us - the fans.  Even with KK in charge season ticket sales have been slow with many obviously not trusting the motives of the current board.  Keegan leaving would push many over the edge in my opinion and surely now Ashley realises that KK going would leave him in an untenable position. 

I wasn't particularly in favour of KK coming back - i saw it as a populist sop by an owner desperate to please fans at a club that he did not understand.

But Ashley have proven himself to be a f***ing joke, and an utter cretin, in a number of different ways, way beyond the appointment of a man he then hamstrung from the outset. FFS was also a c***, but at least he backed his managers. Ashley had f***ed it right up.

If Dennis Wise is in charge for the Hull game, which is mooted as a possibility, i'll not be going, and if he is put in place longer term, i'm cancelling my DD, offering the club the difference had i just got one years worth of tickets, and f***ing off. Whilst the club is always more important than the owner or manager, nowadays the club is increasingly defined by them, and i can't say i want much to do with a club that has Dennis f***ing Wise as a senior member of staff.

Don't worry too much monkey there'll still be more than 50K at the Hull game even without you.

Looks like the mackems are boycotting their games already judging by the empty spaces on Sunday. So much for "Roy's revolution".

if kk isnt there, id be very suprised if there was 50k there.

agree with you about the mackems though.

Someone is in over their head and it ain't Keegan.  I don't think Ashley had anything to do with this but I'll bet he's the one who is trying to set it right.  At some point I have the feeling that Ashley is going to decide that owning a football club and being held up for public scorn isn't all that much fun and he's going to sell.

Here's what I hope for:

1) Keegan stays

2) He's told that he really, finally, definitely has final say over all player moves

3) Ashley takes on a partner or sells so the club has more cash* available

4) This summer's acquisitions play really well so Keegan trusts the 3 amigos judgement on talent

5) Targets are identified for the January window and the team can reasonably secure it so the dead wood can be continued to be trimmed off the current roster.

6) The club move forward

* cash as in cold hard cash.  Ashley may be worth X but his worth is measured in mostly non cash assets.  It would take time for him to liquidize some assets to have some ready cash.

Keegan is in there with Asley fighting for what he believes is right for the club and the fans. If it was spitting dummies he would have gone. He is in there fighting for us because he cares about the club as much as we do.

exactly, and he can do this because he's such a good manager. if he was shit, would any of us give a fuck? would there be a 122 page thread on it in a day and a half? would anyone have been protesting outside the ground? (radgies or not). no, if he was crap the general consensus would have been, ok, next, and he'd be gone.

its the fact that he's such a good manager, and that he's so right for nufc that he's able to stand up for his principles, and good on him i say. there's not enough people willing to put principles high on their list of importance these days, especially in football.

Someone is in over their head and it ain't Keegan.  I don't think Ashley had anything to do with this but I'll bet he's the one who is trying to set it right.

This is what I believe too.

It reminds me somewhat of the Gullit/Shearer head to head which damaged the club. (I still believe Gullitt would have got it right - just as I believe Dalglish would have)

Keegan is in there with Asley fighting for what he believes is right for the club and the fans. If it was spitting dummies he would have gone. He is in there fighting for us because he cares about the club as much as we do.

exactly, and he can do this because he's such a good manager. if he was shit, would any of us give a fuck? would there be a 122 page thread on it in a day and a half? would anyone have been protesting outside the ground? (radgies or not). no, if he was crap the general consensus would have been, ok, next, and he'd be gone.

its the fact that he's such a good manager, and that he's so right for nufc that he's able to stand up for his principles, and good on him i say. there's not enough people willing to put principles high on their list of importance these days, especially in football.

And you are spot on pointing out that he is so right for the club.  He is probably the only one in the board room who understands NUFC at all and if they have any brains they'll listen carefully to what he says

We don't need a new manager or a new owner.

The best result possible out of this would be both remaining in place, and I still think that is the most likely outcome.

We need a new chairman tbh.

Everyone from Keegan to Wise via Ashley and Jimenez has a place at the club.

We've brought in some good young players (well potentially with the likes of Soderberg, Ranger etc) and the summer buys all look promising and were what we have all been crying out for.

We've even managed to get decent money for the likes of Emre and Milner to keep the books looking healthy (which despite what some people say is important).

What the fudge Llambshagger does is beyond me. He is the weak link

Yeah I tend to agree, I don't know what Silence of the Llambs has been up to, but if he was the casualty of this it would be the lesser of three or four evils.

Guest shaun11177

We will get 50000+ against Hull because they will bring full allocation +we will all turn up to support Keegan if he is still there.

As for Llambias what the hell has he got to do with transfers-the whole set up needs rethinking as to who is responsible for what.

Ashley sets transfer and wage budget-gives it to Keegan who decides how to spend it.

Wise does the scouting network only-he scouts who Keegan tells him too+puts forward any others he comes across.

Keegan speaks to player-Jimenez speaks to club and agent.

I mean how bloody difficult is it.

Guest toonhero

We will get 50000+ against Hull because they will bring full allocation +we will all turn up to support Keegan if he is still there.

As for Llambias what the hell has he got to do with transfers-the whole set up needs rethinking as to who is responsible for what.

Ashley sets transfer and wage budget-gives it to Keegan who decides how to spend it.

Wise does the scouting network only-he scouts who Keegan tells him too+puts forward any others he comes across.

Keegan speaks to player-Jimenez speaks to club and agent.

I mean how bloody difficult is it.

Yes thats how simple it works.

Except Keegan is left out of the loop and gets told who his players are.

Thank f*** he is staying, hoepfully a lot of good will come out of this ie a clear direction and agreement of how the club is going to work.

if he stays then things will improve because the only way he will stay is if changes are made to the transfer policy and so on. he has been constantly undermined so far and i can see why he would be angry because he is saying one thing and the board are doing another. apparently tthey offered owen around monday noght. bloody disgraceful without kk's disgression and barton as well.

Yeah that's what i mean by the right direction. Think it's silly to speculate about Owen etc because we don't know any facts at all. No quotes form Keegan, none from anyone form nufc.

“The reason they are in the Premier League now is because Kevin brought in both Sylvain Distin and Nicolas Anelka. These were two masterstrokes.”

Because nobody had ever heard of either before Keegan signed them.

at the end of the day Ashley was making sound decisions that Keegan apparently disagreed with:

Sell Smith - he's been shite. Get rid

Sell Barton - He's a liability. Get rid

Sell Milner - Overated at 12mil. Bite Villa's hand off

Sell Owen - Jury out on this one. Well all know that he's holding the club to ransom for megawages or will ferk off once his contracts up. Take the money, or get rid. Hard to call.

I would take Ashleys / Board side on all those points. And had decent replacements been lined up I'm sure we'd have all been happy with the transfers.

I can see the logic behind what he was doing it was the execution that they ferked up.

Hopefully todays discussions will right the wrongs and we can build on from there. Like back in '92