KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This has to be one of my darkest days supporting Newcastle United Football Club, I am absolutely gutted, I will never forgive those Cockney T###s, who are we going to get now, there is no way anybody would want the job in this current regime, we are well and truly F#####d, whe have to start some sort of protest at the Hull match !!!!

I'm dissapointed in Kevin Keegan.

I honestly believe everything was laid out in front of him and he signed up for it.

Players were imposed on him because the ones he wanted did not fit the profile of what he himself agreed to, and so he was given alternatives which our scouts had identified.

Every player brought in so far has been very promising, so it's not as though he wasn't being provided with quality alternatives.

Not impressed by Keegan's choice to resign at all. Shouldn't have agreed to things in the first place.

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Perhaps next time, instead of letting your heart rule your head, you actually sit down and ask what your role is, what you want your role to be, etc. instead of just breezing in, and then walking when you don't like it...

I dont mind admitting, i'm really sad about this, the romantic in me wanted him to complete the fairy tail and win us a trophy. I am a bit wobbly here about whats happened but just because i'm upset about the turmoil, the sadness for Keegan, the fans who all love him.

However, am with you on the point you make completely. I also cant believe that this has come about over Smith, Milner and Barton. He's left us in the lurch again too.

Exactly. He should have done this in January or February if he wasn't happy. Not f*cking September leaving us in the lerch.

This has to be one of my darkest days supporting Newcastle United Football Club, I am absolutely gutted, I will never forgive those Cockney T###s, who are we going to get now, there is no way anybody would want the job in this current regime, we are well and truly F#####d, whe have to start some sort of protest at the Hull match !!!!

:thup: unfortunatly...

Next manager odds from Ladbrokes:

Gustavo Poyet 6/4

Dennis Wise 4/1

Didier Deschamps 9/2

Alan Shearer 5/1

David Moyes 6/1

Harry Redknapp 12/1

Steve Bruce 12/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

Gerrad Houllier 16/1

Frank Rijkaard 20/1

Javier Irureta 20/1

Miguel Angel Lotina 20/1

Roberto Mancini 20/1

Slaven Bilic 20/1

David O'Leary 25/1

Jose Camacho 25/1

Gordon Strachan 33/1

Graham Souness 33/1

Gus Hiddink 33/1

Marcello Lippi 33/1

Ottmar Hitzfeld 33/1

Roberto Martinez 33/1

Sam Allardyce 33/1

Stuart Pearce 33/1

Zico 33/1

Glenn Hoddle 40/1

Ruud Gullit 40/1

Terry Venables  40/1

George Graham  66/1

I reallt wanted Keegan to stay but once again he has bottled it when things didn't go entirely his way.

It's the third time he's walked out on Newcastle and we're the club he loves.

Great guy but maybe this will be the best thing in the long run, although right now it feels like anything but.

YOu spacka, he did not bottle, other people were interfearing in his working.

knacker.

Guest GeordieAce

I reallt wanted Keegan to stay but once again he has bottled it when things didn't go entirely his way.

Great guy but maybe this will be the best thing in the long run, although right now it feels like anything but.

Exactly. Yes he's been shit on, yes no manager should put up with what he has, but if some one loves the club as much as he claims, surely he shouldnt just drop us into the shite 3 games into the season? I don't blame Kev for what he's done but maybe he could have been big enough to grit his teeth and do it for the fans, because at the end of the day were the only ones that matter.

Guest Geordiesned

Can everybody please refrain from personal insults and abuse towards one another?

Frustration may be rife, but the rules still apply. Thanks.

Ashley loving bastard!

;)

:'(

I see the official site is still completely blank.

Fucking gutless twats.

Will Ashley/Llambias/Wise be on the steps of the Milburn stand explaining their decision?

Will they fuck. No bottle, no honour.

I'm dissapointed in Kevin Keegan.

I honestly believe everything was laid out in front of him and he signed up for it.

Players were imposed on him because the ones he wanted did not fit the profile of what he himself agreed to, and so he was given alternatives which our scouts had identified.

Every player brought in so far has been very promising, so it's not as though he wasn't being provided with quality alternatives.

Not impressed by Keegan's choice to resign at all. Shouldn't have agreed to things in the first place.

YOU DONT GET KK BACK AND TELL HIM WHAT TO DO 

REALLITY CHECK ON HERE FOR SOME PEOPLE

STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL MANAGER GAMES FFS!

Next manager odds from Ladbrokes:

Gustavo Poyet 6/4

Dennis Wise 4/1

Didier Deschamps 9/2

Alan Shearer 5/1

David Moyes 6/1

Harry Redknapp 12/1

Steve Bruce 12/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

Gerrad Houllier 16/1

Frank Rijkaard 20/1

Javier Irureta 20/1

Miguel Angel Lotina 20/1

Roberto Mancini 20/1

Slaven Bilic 20/1

David O'Leary 25/1

Jose Camacho 25/1

Gordon Strachan 33/1

Graham Souness 33/1

Gus Hiddink 33/1

Marcello Lippi 33/1

Ottmar Hitzfeld 33/1

Roberto Martinez 33/1

Sam Allardyce 33/1

Stuart Pearce 33/1

Zico 33/1

Glenn Hoddle 40/1

Ruud Gullit 40/1

Terry Venables  40/1

George Graham  66/1

Wheres Osama bin Laden? Him or Shearer for me

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Perhaps next time, instead of letting your heart rule your head, you actually sit down and ask what your role is, what you want your role to be, etc. instead of just breezing in, and then walking when you don't like it...

I dont mind admitting, i'm really sad about this, the romantic in me wanted him to complete the fairy tail and win us a trophy. I am a bit wobbly here about whats happened but just because i'm upset about the turmoil, the sadness for Keegan, the fans who all love him.

However, am with you on the point you make completely. I also cant believe that this has come about over Smith, Milner and Barton. He's left us in the lurch again too.

Exactly. He should have done this in January or February if he wasn't happy. Not f*cking September leaving us in the lerch.

*ahem* - did you read his statement?

"It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want.”

I wonder what Barton is thinking right now. He has his hearing tomorrow doesnt he? I don't suppose it matters anymore as I can't see him ever playing for us again anyway.

Truley gutted about Keegan, but maybe not as bad as I would have felt if it had been confirmed staright away. It's been inevitable over the last 24 hours. with not a word coming from Keegan. It is very hard to imagine supporting Newcastle without him, but I am sure that feeling will pass, with time. That is unless they appoint someone like Wise, Poyet, Venables, Jol or anyone with even the slightest link to Spurs/London. I can't see any way they have left to turn now but foreign, and I would guess at Spanish.

YOu spacka, he did not bottle, other people were interfearing in his working.

knacker.

Did something change in the transfer policy between June when the transfer window opened, and about Midnight of the 1st September? Very doubtful, so if Keegan wasn't happy with the likes of Gutierrez & Coloccini coming in above his head, he should have walked then...not now ffs.

Fuck.

Screw you "King" Kev. (Soon to be replaced with something like "Kowardly Kev," I'm sure.)

I can't believe a man who I loved and respected would just screw us like this. If he really cared about the fans he'd have sucked up whatever problem he was dealing with at least until the end of the season.

Today is a sad day for the club. Not only have we been royally screwed for the forseeable future, but we've also lost a legend.

I see the official site is still completely blank.

f***ing gutless twats.

Yeah just checked that myself, but apparently you can win tickets for matches through Barclays and they are now showing live football at Sheaers bar !

In all seriousness, what if Poyet and Wise were to be installed as our management team?

It just couldn't possibly happen could it? :rant:

By all accounts Derek Labia is meant to be a right cunt