KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Guest Wally_McFool

I hope they're all f***ing ashamed of themselves, Kev included because this is the worst possible time to do it. :angry:

Cant agree you with saying Keegan should be ashamed. He will not shaft  and deceive the fans. He keeps his integrity.

We have been shafted, and it's his timing. He has a contract, he can't be "forced" out like everyone is saying, he could have hung in there atleast until january.

If he did not pack in, he would seem like a wimp and a yes man. Thats why Curbishley packed in as well. Its called having some pride!

Keegan is not and never has been a yes man , and thats how people will remember him.

We Have been shafted, but not by Keegan.

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

If he's gone he's gone.  Keegan's in the past now.  Wasn't my choice for manager but there's no denying we're in the shit now he's gone.  But pouting about and and crying "But I want Kevin in charge" is going to get us no-where.  New manager please, best we can get (which might not be much) and pronto.

Guest Anth.Nufc

Gutted i hoped this was going to be sorted. what now? whoever he appoints is not going to be aproved. This is going to have nasty ripples..

But just want to say thanks KK still a legend.

Ashley is an asset stripping cockney spiv. No self respecting manager would put up with the level of inteference Keegan has had.

The much vaunted "continental system" is supposed to work in tandem with the manager by taking away responsibilities for negotiating contracts etc and

scouting new players not buying and selling without the manager's acknowledgement.

Keegan has done the right thing, he won't be anyone's stooge.

Guest Stephen927

all this talk of not following nufc, fucking hell man.

its not something you choose to do, you cant turn it off and on like a tap. stick by the team.