KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fast forward a year and the new man in charge will probably have the same problem, things done over his head, players brought in without his consent, players put up for sale without him knowing.

That's apparently ok. It's "continental".

Funny how Jose was sick over the same thing.

i honestly thought it was all sorted out and i was happy again. shocking turn of events. we need details before blaming people, but my gut says keegan has let us down at the worst time - even if it was a "matter of principle". btw, how serious were people about boycotts??

we're in deep shit now

Guest Wally_McFool

Worst day in history.

The hatred and anger floating about is a bit like when that twat Gordon Lee sold Supermac to Arsenal.

Guest Stephen927

they say never go back in football. sad to see it end this way and i know hes a man of principle but i just wish he could just have just swallowed his nob so to speak and get on with the job with the players here.

IM gutted. And mostly worried about how the players at the club now will react, everyone seemed to love to play under keegan...And i wonder what the new signings think, and future transfers, what a mess simply..

I really hate people saying he has bottled it. When he joined the club they made him promises to sign and come back, obviously those promises haven't been kept otherwise he would still be here.

If someone promised me something for a job, then didn't deliver, I'd find a new job too.

I honestly feel like saying I'll not watch football ever again, but I don't know what will happen...

fast forward a year and the new man in charge will probably have the same problem, things done over his head, players brought in without his consent, players put up for sale without him knowing.

That's apparently ok. It's "continental".

Funny how Jose was sick over the same thing.

the only way i can see it working is if the new boss is totally ok with just being a coach and not having final say over transfers, someone comfortable with working with the likes of wise and jiminez. who would that be?

Poyet?

I wasn't old enough to fully appreciate Keegan when he was first here, but I was given the chance to feel what it was like with this second stint. He played football that was a joy to watch, something that hadn't happened since Bobby Robson was at the helm. The chance to actually take pride in how we go about playing our football I fear has gone, it could have been great.

But now its fucked it up, and I seriously can't see how we are going to get out of this mess.

Not shocked, but disappointed.  Not bothered what the reasons are but once again NUFC in back to stage one.

I think Keegan was fantastic 92 onwards and it'll be something that'll never be repeated, footballs moved on, dont think Keegan realised how much. Most of us were wanting some kind of repeat performance.  TBH was never gonna happen.  And Keegan told us that.

Bye KK