KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Full statement from King Kev from the League Manager's Association:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/viewfromthetop-6170.html

KEVIN KEEGAN RESIGNATION 

Over the past few days, the board of directors of Newcastle United Football Club and Kevin Keegan have been in detailed discussions. The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign.

Kevin Keegan said:

“I’ve been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible. It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want. It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave.”

LMA chief executive, Richard Bevan, said:

“The LMA has been supporting Kevin during a very difficult period. We share his great disappointment and frustration that the situation could not be resolved.”

fast forward a year and the new man in charge will probably have the same problem, things done over his head, players brought in without his consent, players put up for sale without him knowing.

That's apparently ok. It's "continental".

Funny how Jose was sick over the same thing.

the only way i can see it working is if the new boss is totally ok with just being a coach and not having final say over transfers, someone comfortable with working with the likes of wise and jiminez. who would that be?

Poyet?

Aye, assistant boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and first team coach, Don Hutchison.

Bit pathetic taking an unwelcoming stance against a manager who played well against NUFC once or twice.

Fuck off.

Guest justin99.

just heard the news; I've got mixed feelings.

part of me wants to start crying,    the other part wants to start punching holes in the wall

Yeah, sorry, i find it very hard to be anything but seriously pissed off with those in charge at the club. Keegan obviously said he wanted control, they said no, they can fuck off. They should have given him the chance, they must have fucking promised him he would have control, then if it had gone wrong fine, kick him out, but to force him out 3 games into a season is stupid beyond belief. More than anything it's a MASSIVE fuck you to the fans - we don't care what you think we'll do what we want. Well, bollocks to them, i'm not going to be reasoned about it, i want whoever is responsible to get out our club. Bring on Reliance, or anyone else for that matter.

Guest marky555

Newcastle United is about us, the fans. We support the team. The only constant is us, our love for the team which is our birth right. I'll be there for the Hull game, supporting those in black and white. I will also be letting those who have allowed this situation to develop incredible abuse. We will be here long after they go.

Newcastle United is bigger and better than all of this.

Well said.

Treating KK like this is absolutely fucking disgusting, it makes me feel sick! The best 2 managers we've possibly ever had (KK and Robson) have been treat the worst by the board while the talentless fucking pieces of shit like Souness and co have been backed. Sell up, Ashley, and take your stupid bastard cronies with you!!

Ashley is a twat but Keegan is a bottling cunt, fuk him, can't last 5mins without his prefect bubble popping and him throwing a strop.

Fuking useless burnt out wanker.

Fuck off man.

Suck it bitch you stupid fuk, Keegan bottled it.

Wankers, the pair of you.

Aye of course we both are. Fucking tit.

I reallt wanted Keegan to stay but once again he has bottled it when things didn't go entirely his way.

It's the third time he's walked out on Newcastle and we're the club he loves.

Great guy but maybe this will be the best thing in the long run, although right now it feels like anything but.

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Perhaps next time, instead of letting your heart rule your head, you actually sit down and ask what your role is, what you want your role to be, etc. instead of just breezing in, and then walking when you don't like it...

I dont mind admitting, i'm really sad about this, the romantic in me wanted him to complete the fairy tail and win us a trophy. I am a bit wobbly here about whats happened but just because i'm upset about the turmoil, the sadness for Keegan, the fans who all love him.

However, am with you on the point you make completely. I also cant believe that this has come about over Smith, Milner and Barton. He's left us in the lurch again too.

Guest stjamestoon

I hate newcastle united and will do aslong as ashley is in charge, he isnt ever going to attract a decent manager. for the sake of newcastle united lets hope someone buys him out and quick.

Poyet is the f***ing favourite!?

This is a disgrace.

Very rarely does the early favourite get the job. Absolute suicide by Ashley to appoint him and Wise, and he's not stupid enough not to know that.

f*** off.

Come on, Wullie - not like you old son.

:lol: how long have you been a member here?

James's sole purpose in life is to post 'wacky' or 'zany' stuff in order to get a response. he chose the wrong time to do it this time.