KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

I reallt wanted Keegan to stay but once again he has bottled it when things didn't go entirely his way.

It's the third time he's walked out on Newcastle and we're the club he loves.

Great guy but maybe this will be the best thing in the long run, although right now it feels like anything but.

It's difficult for people to avoid personal insults when they have to read such utter shite as this.

In all seriousness, what if Poyet and Wise were to be installed as our management team?

It just couldn't possibly happen could it? :rant:

By all accounts Derek Labia is meant to be a right cunt

It was ALWAYS going to end this way (well, not this way) but it was a disaster waiting to happen bringing Keegan back.

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Perhaps next time, instead of letting your heart rule your head, you actually sit down and ask what your role is, what you want your role to be, etc. instead of just breezing in, and then walking when you don't like it...

I dont mind admitting, i'm really sad about this, the romantic in me wanted him to complete the fairy tail and win us a trophy. I am a bit wobbly here about whats happened but just because i'm upset about the turmoil, the sadness for Keegan, the fans who all love him.

However, am with you on the point you make completely. I also cant believe that this has come about over Smith, Milner and Barton. He's left us in the lurch again too.

As I've said before it looks like Keegan was happy to go with the set up to get his feet under the table and then hope to get the club to do it his way after, Mike Ashley was never going to give in to a "him or me" ultimatum.

Sorry to see him go but if he'd stayed he would have been a dead man walking, lets hope they get someone else in of a good standard and let the club move on.

I reallt wanted Keegan to stay but once again he has bottled it when things didn't go entirely his way.

It's the third time he's walked out on Newcastle and we're the club he loves.

Great guy but maybe this will be the best thing in the long run, although right now it feels like anything but.

It's difficult for people to avoid personal insults when they have to read such utter shite as this.

Agreed completely. Football is all about emotions.

Guest marky555

I'm dissapointed in Kevin Keegan.

I honestly believe everything was laid out in front of him and he signed up for it.

Players were imposed on him because the ones he wanted did not fit the profile of what he himself agreed to, and so he was given alternatives which our scouts had identified.

Every player brought in so far has been very promising, so it's not as though he wasn't being provided with quality alternatives.

Not impressed by Keegan's choice to resign at all. Shouldn't have agreed to things in the first place.

Totally fair enough point mate, but I honestly think he was mis-sold the job. I don't think he was told EXACTLY how things we're going to work, and I think as time has progressed, roles have changed, leading to this. IMO.

Do agree with what you've said regarding recent players brought in though.

I honestly believe everything was laid out in front of him and he signed up for it.

Players were imposed on him because the ones he wanted did not fit the profile of what he himself agreed to, and so he was given alternatives which our scouts had identified.

Every player brought in so far has been very promising, so it's not as though he wasn't being provided with quality alternatives.

Not impressed by Keegan's choice to resign at all. Shouldn't have agreed to things in the first place.

YOU DONT GET KK BACK AND TELL HIM WHAT TO DO 

REALLITY CHECK ON HERE FOR SOME PEOPLE

STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL MANAGER GAMES FFS!

Hey pal, he was told how it would be from the outset.

I seriously doubt that Ashley then did anything differently.

They met after Keegan's rant and Ashley intervened to try and make things better for Keegan, and Keegan claimed he was happy with things.

Yet here we are. Keegan has left because he just wanted things differently to what he agreed to.

People talking about boycotting the club are being ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Perhaps next time, instead of letting your heart rule your head, you actually sit down and ask what your role is, what you want your role to be, etc. instead of just breezing in, and then walking when you don't like it...

I dont mind admitting, i'm really sad about this, the romantic in me wanted him to complete the fairy tail and win us a trophy. I am a bit wobbly here about whats happened but just because i'm upset about the turmoil, the sadness for Keegan, the fans who all love him.

However, am with you on the point you make completely. I also cant believe that this has come about over Smith, Milner and Barton. He's left us in the lurch again too.

As I've said before it looks like Keegan was happy to go with the set up to get his feet under the table and then hope to get the club to do it his way after, Mike Ashley was never going to give in to a "him or me" ultimatum.

Sorry to see him go but if he'd stayed he would have been a dead man walking, lets hope they get someone else in of a good standard and let the club move on.

Good post. Just don't expect many to see it that way unfortunately.

Guest Darth Toon

Fuck.

Screw you "King" Kev. (Soon to be replaced with something like "Kowardly Kev," I'm sure.)

I can't believe a man who I loved and respected would just screw us like this. If he really cared about the fans he'd have sucked up whatever problem he was dealing with at least until the end of the season.

Today is a sad day for the club. Not only have we been royally screwed for the forseeable future, but we've also lost a legend.

Idiot. The whole point with KK is that what you see is what you get - take that away and you're left with a pale imitation. He would never compromise his principles and I wouldn't want him to, especially in order to suck up to some fucking cockney shitbags.

"When things didn't go his way"

What do you fucking expect? He's the MANAGER, let him MANAGE the club ffs.

Not one person in a managerial position in any business in any situation would stand for being undermined and controlled.

Guest justin99.

I see the official site is still completely blank.

f***ing gutless twats.

Will Ashley/Llambias/Wise be on the steps of the Milburn stand explaining their decision?

Will they f***. No bottle, no honour.

well tbf, they would probably get seriously hurt.

Fuck sake

first of all the people saying they're done with newcastle etc can fuck right off

second of all ashley and wise can fuck right off now like, cunts, die die die

Totally fair enough point mate, but I honestly think he was mis-sold the job. I don't think he was told EXACTLY how things we're going to work, and I think as time has progressed, roles have changed, leading to this. IMO.

Do agree with what you've said regarding recent players brought in though.

KaKa, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups; I counted five assumptions on your part, roughly equal to five fuck-ups. Ashley's only managed one so far. Well done!

I'm gutted too, make no mistake about that. But on this occasion I blame Keegan, he could have gritted his teeth and got on with it, setting out his points and claims over the course of the season in an effort to gain whatever it was he felt he needed. To walk out on the club at this point of time makes a mockery of the statement that he loves the club and the fans. He has a track record of being emotional and impulsive, and many times that has worked in his favour - but not this time. It doesn't really matter how untenable he felt his position was he should have faced up to it and seen it out another way. This way we are fucked.

Ashley will get the backlash, team spirit will be all but destroyed. The manager (Keegan) who could get those players playing at 110% plus with enjoyment and fun has gone. Once again he's considered himself first and the ramifications second.

exactly they've ruined the club

YOU DONT GET KK BACK AND TELL HIM WHAT TO DO 

REALLITY CHECK ON HERE FOR SOME PEOPLE

STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL MANAGER GAMES FFS!

Hey pal, he was told how it would be from the outset.

I seriously doubt that Ashley then did anything differently.

They met after Keegan's rant and Ashley intervened to try and make things better for Keegan, and Keegan claimed he was happy with things.

Yet here we are. Keegan has left because he just wanted things differently to what he agreed to.

People talking about boycotting the club are being ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Do you believe keegan would have agreed to the job knowing players could be sold or bought without his agreement?

Guest Geordiesned

I see the official site is still completely blank.

Fucking gutless twats.

I'm getting more and more angry the longer they take.

My head's in a spin.

Undoubtedly, IMO, there has to be a protest but what form that takes is the question.

These are the options nufc.com had on earlier (all of which were emailed to them and were before confirmation that Kev had gone came through):

We're aware that various other options are being debated amongst the supporter community at present, including:

a) delaying entry into the stadium until well after kickoff.

b) boycott of club merchandise and food/drink sales.

c) attendance at game without wearing NUFC shirts.

d) leaflet/card protest at some point during the game.

As they say, I don't see how a full boycott will affect them. Season tickets are already paid for so not turning up at all when you have one won't mean a thing to the NUFC coffers. Obviously that's personal choice but for me I can't turn my back on my club. We have to win it back.

Guest The Corner

I dont know how to keep the faith any more. I just feel physically sick. Our club is going no where until certain southerners sell the club. I dont think i could enjoy us winning something while they are in charge