KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Well, I'll still like him.

You on the other hand are left with a choice:

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

bit of a straw man argument as you seem to think people assume keegan has no flaws.

but that's wrong - the keegan that nufc fans love is the one that made the "i'd Love it if we beat them, love it" statement, the one we know is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. it is this passion and the desire to challenge things head on that has partly caused this situation. people arent denying that - they're just looking at it a  bit more deeply than you are and looking at what caused keegan to go head to head with llambias, rather than just focusing on the act of confrontation itself as if it existed in a vacuum  - without very real problems and underlying issues that, i presume, still exist at the club and will be probably be causing the new man the exact same problems 8 months down the line. similar problems have caused Curbishley to walk out at west ham, or Mourinho to leave Chelsea, or Redknapp to leave Southampton.

So why has everyone who's dared to post something even remotely suggesting that Keegan might be at fault taken shit and abuse by the barrel-load? Plenty of people think he can do no wrong and are not prepared to hear a single word against him, read back through the thread if you don't believe me, it's there in black and white.

As for the rest of what you wrote, well you're making the assumption that just because I've criticised Keegan I must think that Ashley and Co can do no wrong and that's simply bollocks. You appear to see the word in a very simple way, black or white, right or wrong, good or bad, Keegan or Ashley, well that's not how I see it so you'll never be able to understand what I'm talking about.

i made that post cos i felt you were putting words in other fan's mouths, telling them what they are thinking. i thought that was patronising and demeaning so i pointed out where you were -factually - wrong so you might realise.

sadly you have just gotten worse and are throwing shit about telling me how i think and i how see the world.

what a fucking joke.

another decent poster turns into a raving lunatic.

for the record, people are responding to stuff they think is wrong, and it is often loaded because this is an emotional time. but maybe i should leave you to jump to conclusions and tell people their opinions instead of giving others a chance to speak for themselves.

Dont think Indi is a lunatic tbh - one of the few keeping their heads.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1384983,00.html

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

bit of a straw man argument as you seem to think people assume keegan has no flaws.

but that's wrong - the keegan that nufc fans love is the one that made the "i'd Love it if we beat them, love it" statement, the one we know is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. it is this passion and the desire to challenge things head on that has partly caused this situation. people arent denying that - they're just looking at it a  bit more deeply than you are and looking at what caused keegan to go head to head with llambias, rather than just focusing on the act of confrontation itself as if it existed in a vacuum  - without very real problems and underlying issues that, i presume, still exist at the club and will be probably be causing the new man the exact same problems 8 months down the line. similar problems have caused Curbishley to walk out at west ham, or Mourinho to leave Chelsea, or Redknapp to leave Southampton.

So why has everyone who's dared to post something even remotely suggesting that Keegan might be at fault taken shit and abuse by the barrel-load? Plenty of people think he can do no wrong and are not prepared to hear a single word against him, read back through the thread if you don't believe me, it's there in black and white.

As for the rest of what you wrote, well you're making the assumption that just because I've criticised Keegan I must think that Ashley and Co can do no wrong and that's simply bollocks. You appear to see the word in a very simple way, black or white, right or wrong, good or bad, Keegan or Ashley, well that's not how I see it so you'll never be able to understand what I'm talking about.

i made that post cos i felt you were putting words in other fan's mouths, telling them what they are thinking. i thought that was patronising and demeaning so i pointed out where you were -factually - wrong so you might realise.

sadly you have just gotten worse and are throwing shit about telling me how i think and i how see the world.

what a fucking joke.

another decent poster turns into a raving lunatic.

for the record, people are responding to stuff they think is wrong, and it is often loaded because this is an emotional time. but maybe i should leave you to jump to conclusions and tell people their opinions instead of giving others a chance to speak for themselves.

Dont think Indi is a lunatic tbh - one of the few keeping their heads.

is this 'keeping your head'?

"well you're making the assumption that just because I've criticised Keegan I must think that Ashley and Co can do no wrong and that's simply bollocks. You appear to see the word in a very simple way, black or white, right or wrong, good or bad, Keegan or Ashley, well that's not how I see it so you'll never be able to understand what I'm talking about.""

looks like a personal attack to me, spouting bollocks about me on a personal level about the way i see the world, when in truth he doesnt know a fucking thing about me.

that's not 'keeping your head' - it's losing it.

i never assumed indi thinks ashley and co can do no wrong. in fact Indi made a big post assuming huge swathes of fans think Keegan can do no wrong. who is making assumptions there?

I know this is a s*** situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of s*** for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of s*** is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

or:

Exactly. I don't think KK doesn't have any flaws, he has many and some of them are what make him great but when I see him on the touchline, even when N'Zogbia is at left back or when Damien Duff is allowed to be alive, I support him because no matter what, I always, always believe that he is doing what he feels is best for NUFC. He doesn't let personal stuff get in the way of what he feels is the best thing for the club, he doesn't pick certain players to prove a point and he doesn't let his headstrong attitude ever get in the way of the football club. I can't say that about any other manager I've seen at NUFC (even Sir Bobby, bless him).

He also happens to be a f***ing good manager who plays football the way it should be played.

If Arsenal forced Wenger out tomorrow, or Man Utd Fergie, their fans would be just as livid as we are. It's not a case of supporting KK, it's a case of wanting the best man for the job and for me that was KK. If he'd been doing a s*** job and had to go, fair enough, but to see him leave for non-footballing reasons, forced out by people who couldn't give a f*** about the club, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Ironic that we spoke to Redknapp in January too, as you say Johnny. He also left Pompey because of that Croatian bloke in the background, now he's come back, gets to buy his own players and he's doing a far superior job to first time round. Funny that isn't it?

Fair bit fundamentally wrong with the bit in bold, Wenger and Fergie werent employed with a particular structure bandied in front of them, at pompey Redknapp had a DoF appointed over his head and he quit accordingly. The same definitely cant be said of keegan, he knew the direction, he knew the new structure and when the going got tough he backed out at the worst possible time, this whole thing in my opinion has come withihn the last few days starting with Milner, that to me suggests that he was tolerable of alot of what was happening previously, he was happy to admit that he didnt know about Guttirez but was pleased but when a few things didnt go his way in an extremely short period of time things quickly turned sour for him.

I just dont see the action that he's taken to be equaliative to the issues which have literally arisen within the last few days, starting with Milner.

Happy, with Colo and Guttirez and Guthrie and Bassong - recruitement apparently out of his hands at this point.

Unhappy with Milner going for extortionate price and us signing Xisco and Nacho - time to resign?

Just doesnt add up - HOWEVER id like to say that despite all this i DO believe theres a big elelemnt of repsoiblity whihc needs to be attributed to Ashley and Co - together all 4/5 of them have fucked this club royally for the forseeable future.

I don't really give a toss about Wenger or Ferguson, the fact is Keegan was happy to take the job knowing the structure was in place just so he could get his feet under the table, now he's kicking off and issuing him or me ultimatums, he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Yet again he's walked out on the club again and left us in the s***, for that he can go and f*** himself in future.

Wasn't the structure put in place after KK was appointed & KK knew nowt about it until Wise was taken on? KK had a discussion with Ashley prior to taking on the job; I doubt very much it went along the lines of "You'll be manager and you'll be given players by a Mr Wise".

I'm stunned that any fan can cut Ashley any slack on what has happened. The timing of KK leaving is a disaster & I'm bitterly upset that KK has left. Yes, we are left in the lurch but I'm not sure that KK could have stayed if Ashley wasn't prepared to budge on critical issues. The statement from the club is meaningless.

A serious question; do you believe that Ashley has the best interests of the club at heart, is here for the long term, understands the fans and will be prepared to put money into the transfer market? This is the man who not so long ago lost over 100 million spread betting on HBOS. He was willing to gamble Millions on the spreads but not invest in players we clearly needed..............

I've never trusted him as he's done nothing to deserve trust and loyalty. I hope he's only here until he can make his profit as it galls me every moment he is the owner of our club.

Watching Sentanta Sports News now, what annoys me the most is the toss pots shouting and screaming, so much so the reporter got mobbed and had to stop his broadcast, makes us look like proper tw*ts!

I can really see Ashley selling the club after this farce.

Probably gone within next few monts.. Hopefully to someone who actually can control the club (that was not against Ashley, but meaning to no no-brain billionaire).

I don't really give a toss about Wenger or Ferguson, the fact is Keegan was happy to take the job knowing the structure was in place just so he could get his feet under the table, now he's kicking off and issuing him or me ultimatums, he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Yet again he's walked out on the club again and left us in the s***, for that he can go and f*** himself in future.

Wasn't the structure put in place after KK was appointed & KK knew nowt about it until Wise was taken on? KK had a discussion with Ashley prior to taking on the job; I doubt very much it went along the lines of "You'll be manager and you'll be given players by a Mr Wise".

I'm stunned that any fan can cut Ashley any slack on what has happened. The timing of KK leaving is a disaster & I'm bitterly upset that KK has left. Yes, we are left in the lurch but I'm not sure that KK could have stayed if Ashley wasn't prepared to budge on critical issues. The statement from the club is meaningless.

A serious question; do you believe that Ashley has the best interests of the club at heart, is here for the long term, understands the fans and will be prepared to put money into the transfer market? This is the man who not so long ago lost over 100 million spread betting on HBOS. He was willing to gamble Millions on the spreads but not invest in players we clearly needed..............

I've never trusted him as he's done nothing to deserve trust and loyalty. I hope he's only here until he can make his profit as it galls me every moment he is the owner of our club.

Cracking post!!

I know this is a s*** situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of s*** for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of s*** is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

or:

Exactly. I don't think KK doesn't have any flaws, he has many and some of them are what make him great but when I see him on the touchline, even when N'Zogbia is at left back or when Damien Duff is allowed to be alive, I support him because no matter what, I always, always believe that he is doing what he feels is best for NUFC. He doesn't let personal stuff get in the way of what he feels is the best thing for the club, he doesn't pick certain players to prove a point and he doesn't let his headstrong attitude ever get in the way of the football club. I can't say that about any other manager I've seen at NUFC (even Sir Bobby, bless him).

He also happens to be a f***ing good manager who plays football the way it should be played.

If Arsenal forced Wenger out tomorrow, or Man Utd Fergie, their fans would be just as livid as we are. It's not a case of supporting KK, it's a case of wanting the best man for the job and for me that was KK. If he'd been doing a s*** job and had to go, fair enough, but to see him leave for non-footballing reasons, forced out by people who couldn't give a f*** about the club, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Ironic that we spoke to Redknapp in January too, as you say Johnny. He also left Pompey because of that Croatian bloke in the background, now he's come back, gets to buy his own players and he's doing a far superior job to first time round. Funny that isn't it?

Fair bit fundamentally wrong with the bit in bold, Wenger and Fergie werent employed with a particular structure bandied in front of them, at pompey Redknapp had a DoF appointed over his head and he quit accordingly. The same definitely cant be said of keegan, he knew the direction, he knew the new structure and when the going got tough he backed out at the worst possible time, this whole thing in my opinion has come withihn the last few days starting with Milner, that to me suggests that he was tolerable of alot of what was happening previously, he was happy to admit that he didnt know about Guttirez but was pleased but when a few things didnt go his way in an extremely short period of time things quickly turned sour for him.

I just dont see the action that he's taken to be equaliative to the issues which have literally arisen within the last few days, starting with Milner.

Happy, with Colo and Guttirez and Guthrie and Bassong - recruitement apparently out of his hands at this point.

Unhappy with Milner going for extortionate price and us signing Xisco and Nacho - time to resign?

Just doesnt add up - HOWEVER id like to say that despite all this i DO believe theres a big elelemnt of repsoiblity whihc needs to be

attributed to Ashley and Co - together all 4/5 of them have fucked this club royally for the forseeable future.

No, sorry, but you're wrong. The club have told us time and time again that KK has final say on any transfers. It is clearly obvious that was a lie and there's every chance KK was under exactly the same impression until this late stage of the window when things started getting tight.

The fact that the signings have looked good (so far) is irrelevant. There is a reason why the manager gets paid more than the chief scout. Spotting a good player from an Argentinian international (not that Jonas wasnt a good find) is much much easier than managing a Premier League club successfully.

Mort came out straight after and said Keegan was aware that this set up was to be put in place when he took the job.

It's not a case of cutting Ashley slack as Keegan quit, he wasn't sacked or forced out, my opinion of what happened is Keegan went with the "either Wise and Jimenez go or I do" approach and Ashley told him no, he tried to reason with him but Keegan being Keegan felt he had to go.

I did think he was here for the long term, now I think he'll be glad to get out.

Ashley has to sell there is nothing for him here now!  He has no emotional ties with the club, and he was here purely to take the plaudits of giving us what we wanted and now that's gone in one fell swoop I have a strong feeling we will be sold again in the next couple of weeks.

There will be loads of potential suitors to buy him out i'm sure so i'd keep Jeff Vetere as he's the only one that seems to have done his job and lets get new owners in and Keegan back at the helm to do the job he was supposed too!

Keep hounding and Ashley will go!

Guest The Corner

fucking hell, just read out a blatent email from a mackem on ssn. statred off a bit off patter season ticket holder since 1992, niall quinn is an example down the road sunderland, tops it off with bring back guillit he played sexy football.

There having a blinder here like

or:

Just doesnt add up - HOWEVER id like to say that despite all this i DO believe theres a big elelemnt of repsoiblity whihc needs to be attributed to Ashley and Co - together all 4/5 of them have f***ed this club royally for the forseeable future.

Wasn't the structure of the club supposed to be Keegan having the final say on all transfers?? How does players being brought in over his head be the structure that he signed up for when he took the job?

It's a joke all this talk that Keegan knew the way the club would be run.....there would have been NO WAY he would have came back if Ashley had told him he'd be a puppet to a DOF!!!

I feel the end of the transfer window was the final straw for Keegan, he knew we needed at least 4 players in...especially a left back which he spoke about all summer, what did the recruitment team come up with, a striker and another guy on loan whom he probably didn't even want!!

I really don't like the way the clubs heading if Wise & Co are going to be in charge of player transfers, can you really imagine attracting a top class manager when he's told Dennis Wise will be buying/selling for him???

Just doesnt add up - HOWEVER id like to say that despite all this i DO believe theres a big elelemnt of repsoiblity whihc needs to be

attributed to Ashley and Co - together all 4/5 of them have f***ed this club royally for the forseeable future.

No, sorry, but you're wrong. The club have told us time and time again that KK has final say on any transfers. It is clearly obvious that was a lie and there's every chance KK was under exactly the same impression until this late stage of the window when things started getting tight.

The fact that the signings have looked good (so far) is irrelevant. There is a reason why the manager gets paid more than the chief scout. Spotting a good player from an Argentinian international (not that Jonas wasnt a good find) is much much easier than managing a Premier League club successfully.

Hold ya horses there...thats something that Keegan has reiterated himself. Not just the club as your implying. In fact, Keegan must of known it was a lie the second Jonas was signed - whats the deal then? He seemed happy to me then - even admitting that it wasnt him who signed him, he didnt need to say Milner was sold by him but he did....why? if your fundamental priciples are being undermined by the superiors?

Why is it that he's happy to have Jonas sign, no quitting even though he's been apprently lied to, but when Xisco and Nacho are signed, all of a sudden he';s having "players forced upon him"

Not quite adding up there, Wullie.