KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Mucky01

NUFC.com have posted some views this one sums up mine best:

I know that anger has turned to Ashley because he is ultimately responsible, but he still is the owner

and not the guy involved in any of the day to day activities. The guy at the helm is Derek Llambias

who is now running the show since Mort left. As I understand it, the big argument over transfer has

been between him & Keegan, not Ashley.

I believe ‘hard man’ Llambias is the problem, after all he is the guy who has presided over the recent

debacles in negotiations with players as Wise et al report to him. Apparently it was Ashley who

eventually intervened to sort out Taylor’s contract. It also seems Ashley intervened again

after the spat between Llambias & Keegan.

I am certainly not trying to apologise for Ashley who after all did appoint Llambias but lets not forget

that Ashley has more than a full time job managing his business empire and felt he could not also run

NUFC hence the appointment of Mort and more recently Llambias.

Remember Keegan’s quip he had a great relationship with Ashley as he never sees him?

This just pushes home my point that Ashley has allowed Llambias to run the show and it would appear

that it is Llambias who will be the real architect of Keegan’s demise.

Unfortunately this seems like horrible deja vu! It was a someone unknown entity called Mark Corbridge

who had joined NUFC as joint chief executive from NatWest Markets in November '96 only 2 months

before Keegan departed, who in Kev's own words in his biography (page 14) "was the main architect"

of his departure the last time - not Sir John Hall.

Even though Keegan felt Hall or Shepherd he should have spoke up in support of him, KK blames Corbridge!

Now we have some other non-football individual called Derek Llambias this time with a background of

running a 'gambling club' who took over from Chris Mort in June as Managing Director, another 'transient'

who appears to be the architect this time.

What is disturbing me is that we are again seeing a ‘transient’ MD or Chief Executive with absolutely no

experience in managing football clubs ending up at the helm at NUFC and making some momentous decisions.

These guys never last long (Mark Corbridge was only there for a few months until Newcastle were

floated and he then disappeared from football altogether) but the havoc they can cause can be enormous

with the consequence of their actions taking decades to repair!

I just hope Ashley realises by appointing a ‘gambling man’ in Llambias he is not just taking a gamble,

this time he is playing Russian Roulette!

If Ashley does pull the trigger I trust he points the gun in the direction of Llambias, as I feel this is

the only way to solve the problem and let Keegan regain control of player recruitment and if that is

without Dennis Wise et al then so be it.

There is absolutely not a scintilla of doubt in my mind that it will be a disaster of monumental

proportions if Keegan is allowed to leave.

TL

Anyone know if there was any real connection between Llambias and Ashley before he was brought on? I originally had the sense that Ashley appointed people he knew and trusted, like Mort, to run his various interests on a day-to-day basis. Ideally, he'd have somebody in the position that knows how he acts and what he wants so the manager has someone with whom he can deal, having confidence that such person would be a real surrogate for Ashley. (I don't presume to know if that's the root of the problem here).

What everyone seems to be forgetting (and especially the press) is our mostly positive start to the season. If Keegan stays, I'd be reasonably confident of a comfortable top-half finish, and that would stick fingers up at the doubters brilliantly.

Yeah, I read something on the BBC that said "Newcastle have had a disappointing start and have only taken 4 points from the first three games of the season". It's a fucking joke what gets written in the media, it's even more of a joke that people swallow it.

i don`t swallow

Ok then: Spit it out all over my nice clean forum.

Better? ;)

Guest Wally_McFool

I hope they're all fucking ashamed of themselves, Kev included because this is the worst possible time to do it. :angry:

Cant agree you with saying Keegan should be ashamed. He will not shaft  and deceive the fans. He keeps his integrity.