KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5Live still reckon he's gone, but Radio Newcastle's Mick Lowes believes he hasn't walked.

He can't afford to walk. The bottom line is the bottom line - Soccer Circus is dying on its arse and he's skint.

you're his accountant are u? or do u just believe the southern press?

Georgie Thompson said something like this before "It's another crazy day from the club that specializes in drama" I laughed at how true it was, then sighed.  :doh:

then had a wank  O0

There were quite a few poeple today saying that the news this morning made them want to go to the Tyne Bridge and toss themselves off, maybe that's why.

Sack the Greek twat Lambiadas, and Ashley be more fuckin productive in dishing out the money...

Just a shame this meeting didnt come fucking 4 weeks ago, when we could have still bought some players.

What a fucking useless bunch of cunts running nufc. (again)

What is the point of all this theorizing and speculation?  Just face it, nobody has a clue and for whatever reason the club and Keegan don't feel like making a definitive statement.

I don't trust the media, I don't trust the club and I'm not even sure I can believe what Kev has to say at the moment.  So I'm going to stop paying attention and ignore it the best I can.  Wake me when there is some actual football at this football club.

Guest black n white

5Live still reckon he's gone, but Radio Newcastle's Mick Lowes believes he hasn't walked.

He can't afford to walk. The bottom line is the bottom line - Soccer Circus is dying on its arse and he's skint.

:doh:

well keegan could start his own business around newcastle, makes sense

Our old mate Micksta is in over on F365

micksta wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 20:07

I really think that Lliambas story is not far from the truth. As sky are reporting, KK did tell friends he had been sacked. The club have been convincing him to stay all afternoon.

IT seems KK is deffo considering his future.

Toon bid £5m for Lennon and Warnock as KK was promised them when selling Milner. Both Spurs and Blackburn quoted £6m for each of them. For some inexplicably reason the board were not prepared to go to £6m for each player.

Basically all this sh*t has been caused by £2million worth of bottling.

Xisco looks like it is a Vetere signing. Coloccini will have been asked about him and has obviously said he is worth pursuing. The fact he has cost nearly £6m that could have been used elsewhere to purchase Lennon and Warnock has enraged KK.

The discussions yesterday and today escalated in to massive problems between Lliambas and KK, I have heard that Mike Ashley was not present for large parts of these meetings.

Not from my mates mate in the Contracts department, but from someone else within the club.

I like how he ranges from stating that he "really THINKS" the llambias story is not far from the truth in the first paragraph, to essentially stating it as gospel truth by the end of the post -- the only gospel truth is that nobody outside of the boardroom and Keegan himself knows what the fuck is going on, as has been quite categorically proven today.

Just more tiresome shit-stirring, regardless of whether it turns out to be true.

That thing thats been posted there we my theory earlier today. Keegan had a list of players as did Wise and Jiminez. However the board we more concerned with the players Wise had highlighted and didn't give their full attention to the ones Keegan wanted to sign.

Guest Coubury

I really think that Lliambas story is not far from the truth. As sky are reporting, KK did tell friends he had been sacked. The club have been convincing him to stay all afternoon.

Toon bid £5m for Lennon and Warnock as KK was promised them when selling Milner. Both Spurs and Blackburn quoted £6m for each of them. For some inexplicably reason the board were not prepared to go to £6m for each player.

Xisco looks like it is a Vetere signing. Coloccini will have been asked about him and has obviously said he is worth pursuing. The fact he has cost nearly £6m that could have been used elsewhere to purchase Lennon and Warnock has enraged KK.

The discussions yesterday and today escalated in to massive problems between Lliambas and KK, I have heard that Mike Ashley was not present for large parts of these meetings.

Not from my mates mate in the Contracts department, but from someone else within the club.

If thats true, which seems plausable, then we have been dumped with one hell of a stingy Billionaire.

It's not.

So enlighten us

I like how he ranges from stating that he "really THINKS" the llambias story is not far from the truth in the first paragraph, to essentially stating it as gospel truth by the end of the post -- the only gospel truth is that nobody outside of the boardroom and Keegan himself knows what the fuck is going on, as has been quite categorically proven today.

Just more tiresome shit-stirring, regardless of whether it turns out to be true.

Thats the only nailed on fact that has come out of today.

Guest Nufc4Life

I got a feeling he's gonna be staying lads.

Statement reads to me that he walked, but Ashley and Co are trying to persuade him to stay.

IF Keegan loves this club as much as he says and i believe that he does, he will come back after he's seen all the support from the fans for him today.

If he has walked, and isnt coming back, there will be no way back for him in more ways than one.

A lot of inconsistencies

Milner: Initially we heard Keegan didn't want him to go.  Then he's gone for a great fee and Keegan seems happy and says it was necessary to move the team forward.

Barton:  the club want to sack him and Keegan doesn't.  Barton is talked about in a 3 team transfer but then Barton is quoted as saying that he feels he owes it to Newcastle to stay.

Owen: is asked for to settle for reduced wages for a few months but then as the window is closing NUFC release that they are offering him a raise over 3 years.

Keegan says he wants proven Premiership players and doesn't fancy South American players.  He gets 4 South American players and only one player with limited Premiership experience.

I REALLY like the talent that has been brought in but there seems to be a huge disconnect between Keegan and the management team (Llambias, wise, Vetere, Jiminez).  And this disconnect appears to have been there right along.  I honestly don't know how this uneasy alliance has stayed together for as long as it has.

Keegan isnt Skint, hes been a multi millionaire for 20 odd years

Wrong. He has put several million of his own money into Soccer Circus and annual results show it is a complete failure.

Guest Howaythetoon

If KK has walked and won't be coming back then something is seriously wrong at the club because it would have to take something pretty big to get KK to walk away and not come back. There has been so much gossip though it could be any number of things.

Why is Micksta so believable?

Thought he wasn't to be trusted?

I posted it for entertainment purposes only!

Like Andy said, no-one knows, not the media, not the ITKs, but most unfortunately, certainly not the fans. And I doubt we ever will.

IF Keegan loves this club as much as he says and i believe that he does, he will come back after he's seen all the support from the fans for him today.

He didn't exactly run back in 97 did he?

Do you think we will find out tonight?

Club statement at 12.13am.

thought it was 12.14am :lol:

you're his accountant are u? or do u just believe the southern press?

No, I believe company accounts posted at Companies House. Soccer Circus turned over 270k (that's TURNED OVER) in its first year of trading - a sad and pathetic figure considering the millions it cost to set up.

If KK has walked and won't be coming back then something is seriously wrong at the club because it would have to take something pretty big to get KK to walk away and not come back. There has been so much gossip though it could be any number of things.

We need a press conference.