KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A lot of inconsistencies

Milner: Initially we heard Keegan didn't want him to go.  Then he's gone for a great fee and Keegan seems happy and says it was necessary to move the team forward.

Barton:  the club want to sack him and Keegan doesn't.  Barton is talked about in a 3 team transfer but then Barton is quoted as saying that he feels he owes it to Newcastle to stay.

Owen: is asked for to settle for reduced wages for a few months but then as the window is closing NUFC release that they are offering him a raise over 3 years.

Keegan says he wants proven Premiership players and doesn't fancy South American players.  He gets 4 South American players and only one player with limited Premiership experience.

I REALLY like the talent that has been brought in but there seems to be a huge disconnect between Keegan and the management team (Llambias, wise, Vetere, Jiminez).  And this disconnect appears to have been there right along.  I honestly don't know how this uneasy alliance has stayed together for as long as it has.

Coloccini, Jonas, Nacho and...?

If KK has walked and won't be coming back then something is seriously wrong at the club because it would have to take something pretty big to get KK to walk away and not come back. There has been so much gossip though it could be any number of things.

But are you going to walk, HTT?

Do you think we will find out tonight?

Club statement at 12.13am.

thought it was 12.14am :lol:

5Live still reckon he's gone, but Radio Newcastle's Mick Lowes believes he hasn't walked.

He can't afford to walk. The bottom line is the bottom line - Soccer Circus is dying on its arse and he's skint.

you're his accountant are u? or do u just believe the southern press?

No, I believe company accounts posted at Companies House. Soccer Circus turned over 270k (that's TURNED OVER) in its first year of trading - a sad and pathetic figure considering the millions it cost to set up.

Thats you. The bit in bold. BAM!

Millions to set up? Didn't know you were so savvy with the venture.

To put everything in perspective, what happened with Man City yesterday will change football for the next 10 years. If Ashley had spent £30m yesterday it would have made no difference to the overall scheme of things.

We cannot compete financially with Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal (ok. maybe but they have Wenger), Man City and very shortly QPR. There is no point at all infighting and making a dick of ourselves on Sky.

Guest Howaythetoon

KK isn't skint and if he was then the last thing you do is resign/walk away from a lucrative job. I can't remember where I read it but it was once stated he was worth £25m and from what I can remember he only pumped about £3m into his Soccer Circus venture, with other business associates of his investing a few more million. Anyway money isn't what motivates KK.

5Live still reckon he's gone, but Radio Newcastle's Mick Lowes believes he hasn't walked.

He can't afford to walk. The bottom line is the bottom line - Soccer Circus is dying on its arse and he's skint.

No, I believe company accounts posted at Companies House. Soccer Circus turned over 270k (that's TURNED OVER) in its first year of trading - a sad and pathetic figure considering the millions it cost to set up.

How can that be? It's Scotland's most popular Football Birthday Party venue.

A lot of inconsistencies

Milner: Initially we heard Keegan didn't want him to go.  Then he's gone for a great fee and Keegan seems happy and says it was necessary to move the team forward.

Barton:  the club want to sack him and Keegan doesn't.  Barton is talked about in a 3 team transfer but then Barton is quoted as saying that he feels he owes it to Newcastle to stay.

Owen: is asked for to settle for reduced wages for a few months but then as the window is closing NUFC release that they are offering him a raise over 3 years.

Keegan says he wants proven Premiership players and doesn't fancy South American players.  He gets 4 South American players and only one player with limited Premiership experience.

I REALLY like the talent that has been brought in but there seems to be a huge disconnect between Keegan and the management team (Llambias, wise, Vetere, Jiminez).  And this disconnect appears to have been there right along.  I honestly don't know how this uneasy alliance has stayed together for as long as it has.

Spot on.  He has been trying to keep it positive and hoped he would get one or two of his picks, but felt like they had made him look a twat when his predicted arrivals by Monday didnt materialise.

I dont think he came back thinking they would bring a couple of players from Spain in and a Liverpool reserve.  KK loved his big signings first time round and I am in no doubt that is how he wanted it this time.

Guest Howaythetoon

If KK has walked and won't be coming back then something is seriously wrong at the club because it would have to take something pretty big to get KK to walk away and not come back. There has been so much gossip though it could be any number of things.

But are you going to walk, HTT?

Serious question?

We cannot compete financially with Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal (ok. maybe but they have Wenger), Man City and very shortly QPR.

Never fucking mind that, we need to compete with Everton, Portsmouth, West Ham and Blackburn or we're going to find ourselves in all kinds of shit.  We know we can't even think of troubling the top four, that doesn't mean we should just give up on football.

Guest optimistic nit

To put everything in perspective, what happened with Man City yesterday will change football for the next 10 years. If Ashley had spent £30m yesterday it would have made no difference to the overall scheme of things.

We cannot compete financially with Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal (ok. maybe but they have Wenger), Man City and very shortly QPR. There is no point at all infighting and making a dick of ourselves on Sky.

abramovic changed football.

football will be crazy for the next 3-4 years imo, then quite a few clubs will fall from grace very quickly. imo when you have 2-3 teams willing to pay crazy money for a player, they cancel each other out, and the money will become meaningless. you don't need to spend 50million every season to be a top 4 club. look at arsenal. thats what ashley is trying to do here, and its the only way we will be able to compete.

We cant compete financially with chelsea and city. manure as well, but to a lesser extent, arsenal will stay top 4 because of their set up.

the team that should be really worried right now should be liverpool.

Thats you. The bit in bold. BAM!

Millions to set up? Didn't know you were so savvy with the venture.

Oh dear. Sorry to have to educate you, but a company report for a start-up business such as Soccer City has to list the investments made in said company (ie capital funds provided) by all directors. SC's company report shows that KK and a couple of others chucked millions in each.

This has been reported. You must have missed it. BAM.

Guest Nufc4Life

The thing is, what happened at Man City shows we can one day compete if anything. Not that we can't.

No one saw someone coming in for City with that amount of money, but they did, and theyve signed Robinho. No one saw that coming. Whats to say in January, or next summer, soemthing similar wont happen to us?

Just a thought, for those having a go at our transfer policy, what percentage of players do you think Wenger & Benitez, Wenger in particular, actually pick themselves originally? I'd imagine that most of them are watched by the scouts, they're passed onto Wenger, who then says yes or no...which is pretty much the same as the setup that we're working towards. Main difference is, those two are used to it, and know how it is, Keegan isn't and may not like it.

Guest Howaythetoon

IF Keegan loves this club as much as he says and i believe that he does, he will come back after he's seen all the support from the fans for him today.

It is this love of NUFC and because he has some integrity as an individual human being that has more than likely (if he has) forced him into resigning or walking away. If KK feels he can't do his magic to the best of his ability he won't hang around like a bad smell hoping for things to fix themselves or to go with the flow, much less a pay-off ala Souness or Roeder.

Guest Geordiesned

BREAKING NEWS: The organiser of the nufc xmas nativity play has been sacked due to getting all the casting numbers mixed up. They've ended up with 11 donkeys, only 1 wise-man and no fuckin' Messiah!

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

KK isn't skint and if he was then the last thing you do is resign/walk away from a lucrative job. I can't remember where I read it but it was once stated he was worth £25m and from what I can remember he only pumped about £3m into his Soccer Circus venture, with other business associates of his investing a few more million. Anyway money isn't what motivates KK.

That's my point . . . he wouldn't resign. Therefore, he HAS either been sacked

IF Keegan loves this club as much as he says and i believe that he does, he will come back after he's seen all the support from the fans for him today.

It is this love of NUFC and because he has some integrity as an individual human being that has more than likely (if he has) forced him into resigning or walking away. If KK feels he can't do his magic to the best of his ability he won't hang around like a bad smell hoping for things to fix themselves or to go with the flow, much less a pay-off ala Souness or Roeder.

So what do you believe HTT. Staying or going?

Guest Nufc4Life

Fair enough and a very good point.

I dont know what to think anymore. Its been a whirlwind of emotions all day. I've had a couple of cans now and its getting me fuckign emotional, nothing seems to make sense at the minute.

My head says hes not coming back but my heart needs to believe he's staying. Fucking hell.

That's my point . . . he wouldn't resign. Therefore, he HAS either been sacked

He has EITHER been sack or...or...or...or WHAT? Come on m*therf*cker, say WHAT?! :lol:

keegan is the only honest entity at the club... ashley: FF mk2