KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Sky now saying that they can reveal that earlier on todat Keegan was telling friends he's been fired.

Lends wieght to the theory that the Chairman tried to sack him without the knowledge of the owner. Ashley probably having to do some serious arse kissing to keep him and telling Llambias to get back in his box and do as he's told.

just got back from town.  Once we'd finished getting what we needed we went to Shearer's for a pint and watch the Mong-fest outside.  A few things.

- Please tell me SSN didn't show the "If Keegan goes, Boycott the club" banner, with boycott spelt "boycoutt".

- They do themselves no favours.  Chant after chant of "sack the board" - Ashley owns the fucking club.  This will be a bit difficult.

- Spoke to David Craig myself while all the mongs were surrounding the Tyne-Tees guy.  Asked "Is Ashley even in the north-east?"  His response was "I don't know...nobody knows" - not sure how much he knew about all this.

Cringeworthy day all in all.

Said it before, I'm embarrassed to support the toon sometimes. The media must be getting all moist at the material we've given them today, they might have to print an extra paper tomorrow for it all.

I'd say Keegan walking out has a lot to do with his comments when milner left, with no replacement coming in he's ended up with egg on his face.

It's not the ideal situation having someone walking out when he doesn't get his own way, someone mentioned earlier that the club hasn't been the same since Mort left and on the surface it seems that there's a lack of communication between everyone at the club.

I'm happy with the set up and the players that have come in have looked quality so far, Keegan needs to take a more active role though and there's no excuse that he shouldn't be out looking at players with the likes of Vetere over the next season.

It's not so much the looking for players. It is him being involved in pursuading them to come here. There is no one better qualified to do that than Kev, he should be involved in that process.

Based on what?

You've obviously never been in a room with Keegan and listened to him speak.

Modric has, and still wasn't convinced.

Why can't keegan just have control of everything, get rid of these cunts wise jimenez and vetere or whatever, cunts

if he has control of eveyrthing he'll repeat what he did in the 90's

xxxx

just got back from town.  Once we'd finished getting what we needed we went to Shearer's for a pint and watch the Mong-fest outside.  A few things.

- Please tell me SSN didn't show the "If Keegan goes, Boycott the club" banner, with boycott spelt "boycoutt".

- They do themselves no favours.  Chant after chant of "sack the board" - Ashley owns the f***ing club.  This will be a bit difficult.

- Spoke to David Craig myself while all the mongs were surrounding the Tyne-Tees guy.  Asked "Is Ashley even in the north-east?"  His response was "I don't know...nobody knows" - not sure how much he knew about all this.

Cringeworthy day all in all.

:lol: boycoutt was indeed aired.

Please tell me SSN didn't show the "If Keegan goes, Boycott the club" banner, with boycott spelt "boycoutt".

Sadly, yes they did. :lol:

oh god.  I'm so ashamed.

One more thing.  These neanderthals will expect Ashley to spend in Jan will they not?

Yet here they were singing "you fat bastard" and "we hate cockneys."

It's a bit poorly timed if it is a case of brinksmanship from Keegan. If we was going to threaten to resign, he should have done it while the window was still open. Or am I missing something?  ???

Something that happened yesterday must have pushed it to the extent where he felt he had to stamp his feet, or whatever.

This kind of thing happened at the beginning of  Kev's last reign,correct me if I'm wrong?Maybe Kev's reinstatement will be the fiilip our transfer policy failed to deliver.

Best psychic flash i've had for ages,i should be a fucking copper! >:D

I'd say Keegan walking out has a lot to do with his comments when milner left, with no replacement coming in he's ended up with egg on his face.

It's not the ideal situation having someone walking out when he doesn't get his own way, someone mentioned earlier that the club hasn't been the same since Mort left and on the surface it seems that there's a lack of communication between everyone at the club.

I'm happy with the set up and the players that have come in have looked quality so far, Keegan needs to take a more active role though and there's no excuse that he shouldn't be out looking at players with the likes of Vetere over the next season.

It's not so much the looking for players. It is him being involved in pursuading them to come here. There is no one better qualified to do that than Kev, he should be involved in that process.

Based on what?

Aye.

It's easier to convince the likes of Ferdinand and Rob Lee to come here when the pair of them grew up watching him as England captain and the European player of the year, things have moved on since then and the likes of Modric won't have a clue who he is, even Oba said he had to look him up on youtube because he didn't know anything about him.

Guest optimistic nit

didn't that msn convo kaizairo posted have wesley saying that keegan is annoyed that he doesn't control when players sign. i assume he didn't mean who, so could the friction be because we've had all these deals sewn up for months (apparently) yet push them through seemingly at random points in time, when they've been agreed for yonks :lol: .

Guest MagicNumber9

I'm happy but obviously paranoid for the short/long term future of wor kev... Things havnt been right for a while, just hope this isn't a quick patch up, they're going to have to sort out whatever issues that are here as we all know KK is the only man for the job at the moment

Based on what?

Says who? Keegan isn't in charge of recruitment, that's the whole point. He was probably in a room with Wise and co, whose soulless witterings did nothing to persuade him north and he ended up at Tottenham instead.

Guest Heneage

I like the toon fna in a Juve shirt. :lol:

As for the shouting, I work with the bloke in red coat, right baby Hitler hell have been loving that panic.

I reckon he's still gone/on the way out.

Gutted about it really, but it certainly adds weight to my stance (not so much aired on here) that Wise, Jiminez and co are fucking parasites.

I've read the last couple of pages about this 'Llambias theory'. If thats true then we truly are a shambles. Ashley can fuck off and take his cronies with him.

Who ever said the grass would be greener post Shepherd?

Give Ashley a Break

Supporters have been brought up on big money signings & not building a team. The club can not financially compete with the big hitters so the new strategy is to build a team with young un-heard of players like the Arsenal model.

Therefore getting potential star players before they have a huge transfer fee/wages. The old model led to signing rubbish like Alan Smith on huge wages (making it impossible to move him on)

Kev/no manager knows all these foreign youngsters & therefore have to rely on scouts. If Keegan was left to do all the transfers he would simply have to go for the obvious ones from abroad which again commands massive fees. I love Keegan but he needs to understand he cant run the clubs new transfer policy as he does not have the knowledge.

I am a season ticket holder & reckon Ashley is slowly but surely doing a decent job!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with this. I understand how people are carried away by their love for Keegan, I remember how amazing the first time was.

But the way some people have turned against Ashley over this is disappointing. I still believe he has an excellent long-term strategy for this club, better than any owner we've had.

Maybe we get the club we deserve sometimes, reacting like this?

That's how I'd see it as well. Keegan seems to have this Princess Diana status with many supporters. In their eyes, he can do no wrong and whenever there's trouble it has to be someone else's fault. The fact is that he has to work as part of a team and he can't have his own way all the time.

Whether he comes back or not, I think that permanent damage has now been done to Keegan's working relationship with the new regime. If he's really not happy with how things are being run, then he should resign.

Based on what?

He's not Paul McKenna for fucks sake, but one of Keegan's biggest assets is his enthusiasm for NUFC, and a lot of players would be more convinced to come here after talking to Keegan than Dennis Fucking Wise!

I'm happy but obviously paranoid for the short/long term future of wor kev... Things havnt been right for a while, just hope this isn't a quick patch up, they're going to have to sort out whatever issues that are here as we all know KK is the only man for the job at the moment

The fact that there seems to have been two days of meetings with not much coming out makes me hope that things are really being sorted out. Hopefully KK is older and wiser now, and Ashley is a good enough businessman to know when he needs to compromise to keep a star man in his organisation.

Conflict is normal in big business like this, it's how you work it through that decides if you'll be a success.