KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why can't keegan just have control of everything, get rid of these c***s wise jimenez and vetere or whatever, c***s

if he has control of eveyrthing he'll repeat what he did in the 90's

xxxx

Would we have found the likes of Gutierrez & Coloccini had they not been here?

Probably better

Guest optimistic nit

just got back from town.  Once we'd finished getting what we needed we went to Shearer's for a pint and watch the Mong-fest outside.  A few things.

- Please tell me SSN didn't show the "If Keegan goes, Boycott the club" banner, with boycott spelt "boycoutt".

- They do themselves no favours.  Chant after chant of "sack the board" - Ashley owns the f***ing club.  This will be a bit difficult.

- Spoke to David Craig myself while all the mongs were surrounding the Tyne-Tees guy.  Asked "Is Ashley even in the north-east?"  His response was "I don't know...nobody knows" - not sure how much he knew about all this.

Cringeworthy day all in all.

:lol: boycoutt was indeed aired.

Please tell me SSN didn't show the "If Keegan goes, Boycott the club" banner, with boycott spelt "boycoutt".

Sadly, yes they did. :lol:

oh god.  I'm so ashamed.

One more thing.  These neanderthals will expect Ashley to spend in Jan will they not?

Yet here they were singing "you fat bastard" and "we hate cockneys."

aye. i think we're still fucked if i'm honest. ashley will become "fat ashley" and he'll be murdered if he enters the stands again, even though he hasn't sacked keegan. he'll stop enjoying it and sell, and just because a squilionaire was interested last time, it doesn't mean they will be again.

som of our fan's IQ are 10 points the wrong side of retarded, and it only takes 5 idiots in the stands to make it unsafe for ashley to be there.

on the other hand if he doesn't give up, he could spend big in jan to try and convince us.

How fcking stupid do this lot look - disgrace to Newcastle united!! :angry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7594586.stm

Not half as stupid or embarrassing as the bunch of idiots holding up a 'Boycout the club sign'. If you're going to get on telly holding up a message painted on a sheet, at least spell the fucking thing right.

Regarding the situation with Keegan my take on it is that the one thing Keegan stipulated when he took over as manager is that he has final say on all transfers. He even reiterated this a few weeks back in an interview. It seems as though some transfer related decisons were made behind his back in the last few days, and he's rightly kicked off about it.

I'd say Keegan walking out has a lot to do with his comments when milner left, with no replacement coming in he's ended up with egg on his face.

It's not the ideal situation having someone walking out when he doesn't get his own way, someone mentioned earlier that the club hasn't been the same since Mort left and on the surface it seems that there's a lack of communication between everyone at the club.

I'm happy with the set up and the players that have come in have looked quality so far, Keegan needs to take a more active role though and there's no excuse that he shouldn't be out looking at players with the likes of Vetere over the next season.

It's not so much the looking for players. It is him being involved in pursuading them to come here. There is no one better qualified to do that than Kev, he should be involved in that process.

Based on what?

You've obviously never been in a room with Keegan and listened to him speak.

Modric has, and still wasn't convinced.

Says who? Keegan isn't in charge of recruitment, that's the whole point. He was probably in a room with Wise and co, whose soulless witterings did nothing to persuade him north and he ended up at Tottenham instead.

There was the article a few months ago saying how Keegan was bigging up the club, and trying to have a bit craic with him, speaking a bit of Croat that he learned from a few old team-mates of his from his Hamburg days.

I'd say Keegan walking out has a lot to do with his comments when milner left, with no replacement coming in he's ended up with egg on his face.

It's not the ideal situation having someone walking out when he doesn't get his own way, someone mentioned earlier that the club hasn't been the same since Mort left and on the surface it seems that there's a lack of communication between everyone at the club.

I'm happy with the set up and the players that have come in have looked quality so far, Keegan needs to take a more active role though and there's no excuse that he shouldn't be out looking at players with the likes of Vetere over the next season.

It's not so much the looking for players. It is him being involved in pursuading them to come here. There is no one better qualified to do that than Kev, he should be involved in that process.

Based on what?

Modric never met with Keegan as far as i can tell. all the reports said modric stayed in croatia while the mamic brothers were over. you're probably thinking of the supposed anecdote about keegan using with his knowledge of croatian swear words, learned from his croatian manager while at hamburg, but that was to the mamic brothers not modric.

This entire fiasco could turn out to be a godsend tbh.

The fans (particularly those not on the web etc) realise once and for all that the press are clueless WUMs.

Ashley realises how fragile KK is, that the fans love him (and that they don't like being kept out of the loop) and that he wants to have more control or whatever.

KK realises Ashley can change if needs be.

The club as a whole sort out their issues and move forward together.

I reckon he's still gone/on the way out.

Gutted about it really, but it certainly adds weight to my stance (not so much aired on here) that Wise, Jiminez and co are f***ing parasites.

I've read the last couple of pages about this 'Llambias theory'. If thats true then we truly are a shambles. Ashley can f*** off and take his cronies with him.

Who ever said the grass would be greener post Shepherd?

Agree with all of this

the only way we can come out with ANY resect or prospects after today is if we dont pick a side between ashley and keegan.

BOTH of these guys need our support if we are to have a successful season, if we start backing keegan and chasing out ashley with pitchforks we'll look like idiots and we'll damage our club.

we dont have a squilionaire from dubai, live with it, we have a set up that had been appearing to work on and off the field until monday the first of sepetember, and if keegan is here tomorrow hopefully we'll continue to make progress.

We need to be united right now, or we're fucked, because we'll be getting stick from all angles, keegan will, ashley will, and we'd be in a better position if we ourselves didn't add to it.

Keegan can't improve us alone and he isn't the only person who deserves credit for improving us, and i believe since ashley took over, and since he took over, we have improved.

great post

Guest optimistic nit

Why can't keegan just have control of everything, get rid of these c***s wise jimenez and vetere or whatever, c***s

if he has control of eveyrthing he'll repeat what he did in the 90's

xxxx

Would we have found the likes of Gutierrez & Coloccini had they not been here?

Probably better

:lol: you're seriously dangerously deluded.

Guest Geordiesned

one more thing.  Can we form an angry mob and lynch the fucking cunt in the Rangers top necking cider on the telly?

Oh, and did Craig Hope put the announcement on the site?  'Cos about 10 mins before SSN he came into Shearer's, wonder if he'd just uploaded it or whatever...

He appears everytime the cameras are there. The cunt tried to nick my radio about 20 years ago in the Gallowgate!

Gutted about it really, but it certainly adds weight to my stance (not so much aired on here) that Wise, Jiminez and co are f***ing parasites.

I've read the last couple of pages about this 'Llambias theory'. If thats true then we truly are a shambles. Ashley can f*** off and take his cronies with him.

Agree with all of this

So neither of you remember the sacking of Sir Bobby and replacing him with Souness? Or how about replacing him with Glen Roeder?

Short memories.

The fans (particularly those not on the web etc) realise once and for all that the press are clueless WUMs.

Ashley realises how fragile KK is, that the fans love him (and that they don't like being kept out of the loop) and that he wants to have more control or whatever.

I think that could well happen, and if it does I would have a much higher opinion of both Keegan and Ashley. It would be refreshing to see a disagreement in football not leading to toys raining down out of prams and someone getting the boot.

I'm happy but obviously paranoid for the short/long term future of wor kev... Things havnt been right for a while, just hope this isn't a quick patch up, they're going to have to sort out whatever issues that are here as we all know KK is the only man for the job at the moment

The fact that there seems to have been two days of meetings with not much coming out makes me hope that things are really being sorted out. Hopefully KK is older and wiser now, and Ashley is a good enough businessman to know when he needs to compromise to keep a star man in his organisation.

Conflict is normal in big business like this, it's how you work it through that decides if you'll be a success.

If someone walks out, it's impossible to work it through.

Guest Guinness

From the bottom of the BBC article:

BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said: "My understanding is that Kevin Keegan has fallen foul of the board over the future of Joey Barton. Obviously he remains loyal to Barton.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal and it didn't happen.

"Keegan had a meeting with the owners last night, he had a further meeting at St James' Park today (Tuesday) and I'm told things were not going well.

"As to whether he has walked, I don't believe that to be the case."

Based on what?

Modric never met with Keegan as far as i can tell. all the reports said modric stayed in croatia while the mamic brothers were over. you're probably thinking of the supposed anecdote about keegan using with his knowledge of croatian swear words, learned from his croatian manager while at hamburg, but that was to the mamic brothers not modric.

Yeah must have been. Still though, proof he WAS involved in player negotiations.

It will be a godsend if Ashley finally realises how to run a football club.

BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said: "My understanding is that Kevin Keegan has fallen foul of the board over the future of Joey Barton. Obviously he remains loyal to Barton.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal and it didn't happen.

"Keegan had a meeting with the owners last night, he had a further meeting at St James' Park today (Tuesday) and I'm told things were not going well.

All this over Joey barton. :doh:

Give Ashley a Break

Supporters have been brought up on big money signings & not building a team. The club can not financially compete with the big hitters so the new strategy is to build a team with young un-heard of players like the Arsenal model.

Therefore getting potential star players before they have a huge transfer fee/wages. The old model led to signing rubbish like Alan Smith on huge wages (making it impossible to move him on)

Kev/no manager knows all these foreign youngsters & therefore have to rely on scouts. If Keegan was left to do all the transfers he would simply have to go for the obvious ones from abroad which again commands massive fees. I love Keegan but he needs to understand he cant run the clubs new transfer policy as he does not have the knowledge.

I am a season ticket holder & reckon Ashley is slowly but surely doing a decent job!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with this. I understand how people are carried away by their love for Keegan, I remember how amazing the first time was.

But the way some people have turned against Ashley over this is disappointing. I still believe he has an excellent long-term strategy for this club, better than any owner we've had.

Maybe we get the club we deserve sometimes, reacting like this?

That's how I'd see it as well. Keegan seems to have this Princess Diana status with many supporters. In their eyes, he can do no wrong and whenever there's trouble it has to be someone else's fault. The fact is that he has to work as part of a team and he can't have his own way all the time.

Whether he comes back or not, I think that permanent damage has now been done to Keegan's working relationship with the new regime. If he's really not happy with how things are being run, then he should resign.

"Princess Diana status" what the fuck are you on about?!

Another bandwagon merchant who doesn't appreciate the history of the club!

All this over Joey barton. :doh:

that lad is trouble, i tells ya

Agree with all of this

So neither of you remember the sacking of Sir Bobby and replacing him with Souness? Or how about replacing him with Glen Roeder?

Short memories.

I know a mental day like this polarises opinion, but if anyone really thinks Ashley is worse than Shepherd they need to check themselves. Who brought back KK in the first place, who got rid of Allardyce?

We could well be in the Championship right now if Ashley and then Keegan hadn't come in, they both deserve credit.

It will be a godsend if Ashley finally realises how to run a football club.

Well that too aye, obviously.