Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

We have been robbed. I've stuck up for Jonas till now but what a s*** effort he put in tonight.

has done the last few games he's played,looking very much like n'zog's last days.

l

One assist. That's all we've had from him this season right? against Villa at home.

Big, big disappointment :(

Stoke at home and Pompey away. Still not enough. I thought he was going to be the signing of the season after ManU on the first day, real shame. Would still like us to keep him if we stay up.

Lets give Colo and Jonas another season before we turn them into the new Boumsong and Babayaro. See how they do in a team that's not utterly hopeless and dysfunctional.

Assuming we stay up, that is.

Think half the problem is that he does so much when he gets the ball that he's too knackered to cross it at the end.

He just needs to tone down the extravagant dribbling and give a simple ball more often, then he might have some energy left to kick the ball with.

What pissed me off the most about Jonas tonight was that he didn't get stuck in. He has shown in the past that he can mix it with some of the hard nutters he's faced week in week out. We needed his effort tonight and got absolutely none.

I wouldn't blame him for being slightly disillusioned with how things have gone this season.

Nor would I. I would blame him for not playing a bit better though.

He can run the ball up the pitch but when he gets to the final third his usefulness ends. He always tries to run it past that one opposition player too many after beating one or two and then ends up losing the ball. He does track back but he is powder puff in the tackle. Once again he didn't even look like shooting when he was baring down on goal just outside the penalty area. Luckily he got a free kick instead. I'll give him another season if we stay up but him being a nice guy off the pitch doesn't cut it on the football pitch.

He was his usual self. Goes past players like they're not there (usually getting the fuck kicked out of him in the process) but lacks the ability to do anything with it when he gets where he's going. If he could just learn to do a simple thing like driving the ball across the front of the six yard box he'd be a much more effective player.

I still think he'd be a really good player if he was in a good team, he's proven that with Argentina. Certainly keep him next season, there's alot of deadwood that needs clearing out before Jonas.

He's been shit of late, but I agree.

What pissed me off the most about Jonas tonight was that he didn't get stuck in. He has shown in the past that he can mix it with some of the hard nutters he's faced week in week out. We needed his effort tonight and got absolutely none.

Agreed. I thought he hid in this game but I have seen Guthrie do the same previously and he stood up to be counted today. Jonas' use of the ball was fucking terrible though.

I wouldn't blame him for being slightly disillusioned with how things have gone this season.

maybe the two go hand in hand.

Maybe. If he'd played a bit better maybe the season would have gone better.

One assist. That's all we've had from him this season right? against Villa at home.

Big, big disappointment :(

Pompey, Stoke?  Off the top of my head.

Welcome to my post :pow:

maybe the two go hand in hand.

Maybe. If he'd played a bit better maybe the season would have gone better.

maybe.

He's a different kind of player to what I've seen before. He's a winger but he can't arc a cross in like Nobby could, or skip past full backs with sheer pace in the way players like Lennon do.

He's got a languid, unorthadox style, as if he's going in slow motion at times, but he goes past players and creates space to open up the game. Anybody who watched him with Mallorca last season would see, he didn't get huge amounts of assists but he was pivotal to everything they did, in keeping possession, running at players and opening up attacks for them. It's this evidence that still has me convinced he could be a big asset for us, surround him with good, attack-minded players that are on the same wave length and he could be hugely effective..

He's a different kind of player to what I've seen before. He's a winger but he can't arc a cross in like Nobby could, or skip past full backs with sheer pace in the way players like Lennon do.

He's got a languid, unorthadox style, as if he's going in slow motion at times, but he goes past players and creates space to open up the game. Anybody who watched him with Mallorca last season would see, he didn't get huge amounts of assists but he was pivotal to everything they did, in keeping possession, running at players and opening up attacks for them. It's this evidence that still has me convinced he could be a big asset for us, surround him with good, attack-minded players that are on the same wave length and he could be hugely effective..

I agree with this. He'll be much better with some intelligent players around him. You can see him constantly looking up when he has the ball, waiting to see if anyone's making a run (usually not... ) so his effectiveness is restricted. He works hard, tracks back and rarely loses the ball so he can be even bigger asset next season. I still think he's had a pretty decent first season in the Premiership, considering all the turmoil with our team and him adapting to a new, faster and more aggressive league.