Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Milner was in no way AWFUL for us! He wasn't great but more than an adequate squad player.

In the time he was with us he outperformed a lot of arguably technically better players we've had.

He couldn't outperform Geremi, and that was enough of a reason for him to be moved on.

Who are these more technical players he has outperformed anyway?

Bollocks. Geremi can cross a ball, but apart from that he doesn't contribute nearly as much to the game as Milner used to do. Has Milner ever been as poor for us as Geremi was against Hull? When the team is struggling, Geremi doesn't contribute anything. Milner at least had an OK work rate, and much better pace (which is kind of ironic, when you think about it).

Guest Brazilianbob

Milner was in no way AWFUL for us! He wasn't great but more than an adequate squad player.

In the time he was with us he outperformed a lot of arguably technically better players we've had.

He couldn't outperform Geremi, and that was enough of a reason for him to be moved on.

Bollocks. Geremi can cross a ball, but apart from that he doesn't contribute nearly as much to the game as Milner used to do. Has Milner ever been as poor for us as Geremi was against Hull? When the team is struggling, Geremi doesn't contribute anything. Milner at least had an OK work rate, and much better pace (which is kind of ironic, when you think about it).

Lets get down to basics here.  As far as I am concerned, anyone who says Milner is crap doesn't have a clue about what constitutes an even average EPL footballer.  Most base their opinions on one or two poor displays and completely ignore the good displays.  Milner is 22 years of age and will mature into one of the best midfielders this country has ever produced period, no point arguing on this point because only time will tell, but the f*****g pillocks that think they know a quality football have, in their ignorance, influenced his decision to go.

Lets get down to basics here.  As far as I am concerned, anyone who says Milner is crap doesn't have a clue about what constitutes an even average EPL footballer.  Most base their opinions on one or two poor displays and completely ignore the good displays.  Milner is 22 years of age and will mature into one of the best midfielders this country has ever produced period, no point arguing on this point because only time will tell, but the f*****g pillocks that think they know a quality football have, in their ignorance, influenced his decision to go.

GERLD.

I rate Milner, but let's not get carried away. His best quality so far is that he's a dependable, consistently decent performer. We only have one or two such players.

Pretty much what my point was above. Not brilliant by any stretch, but a decent squad/cover player.

Lord have mercy ...

You truly know nothing about football mate. You clearly have never played the game.

Milner?

Milner will be lucky if he's still in the premiership in 3 years. He will never play for England. He will never consistently start every game for Villa.

You want to know what a promising young player looks like? Have a look at the likes of Ashley Young and Theo Walcott.

I rate Milner, but let's not get carried away. His best quality so far is that he's a dependable, consistently decent performer. We only have one or two such players.

Aye this thread really has summed up the forum at times.

From absolutely shite and not worthy as a squad player to best midfielder in the country :lol:

NEWCASTLE United winger Jonas Gutierrez was due back on Tyneside today after receiving treatment on his injured shoulder in his native Argentina.

Gutierrez suffered the injury in the last round of World Cup qualifiers, and interim manager Joe Kinnear hopes to have the 25-year-old back available later this month.

Kinnear said: "Our club doctor and medical people will have a look at Jonas, and hopefully there will be some good news on this front soon.

"We've already had some good news this week with Habib Beye and Jose Enrique back with us again, and they have a chance of being there on Sunday.

"If not, Chris Hughton and myself, who weren't that bad as full-backs, might have to play.

NEWCASTLE United winger Jonas Gutierrez was due back on Tyneside today after receiving treatment on his injured shoulder in his native Argentina.

Gutierrez suffered the injury in the last round of World Cup qualifiers, and interim manager Joe Kinnear hopes to have the 25-year-old back available later this month.

Kinnear said: "Our club doctor and medical people will have a look at Jonas, and hopefully there will be some good news on this front soon.

"We've already had some good news this week with Habib Beye and Jose Enrique back with us again, and they have a chance of being there on Sunday.

"If not, Chris Hughton and myself, who weren't that bad as full-backs, might have to play.

:lol:

Tactically he might be limited, but I've a feeling the dressing room will be more fun for having Joe around.

Guest MrSundlofer

Tactically he might be limited, but I've a feeling the dressing room will be more fun for having Joe around.

:D

And I think it's a big plus he is talktive. Have had something to say everyday now almost?

Tactics are low on our list of priorities right now.

Basic football played with a modicum of confidence.

Get a few wins on the board then you can start applying tactical genius

Guest timmy boy

How surreal for Jonas to fly back into this mess.When he left, hadn't we won 3 and lost 1? Generally looking a half decent side with Keegan at the helm, a months or so later after being injured he comes back to the current joke we are.I wonder if it will affect his performances?

How surreal for Jonas to fly back into this mess.When he left, hadn't we won 3 and lost 1? Generally looking a half decent side with Keegan at the helm, a months or so later after being injured he comes back to the current joke we are.I wonder if it will affect his performances?

If the rest of the team carries on performing the way it has been then I cant see it not affecting his performances tbh.

We have really missed Milner no doubt in my mind about it. We could have really done wit a player like him over the last few games. Never understood his critics at all.

With Milner Won 2 Drawn 1 without milner lost the fucking lot. 

Wise you are a prick for not giving him the 10K a week extra, because if any of our players actually deserved to be on 25-30k a week it was him (and shay given).

We have really missed Milner no doubt in my mind about it. We could have really done wit a player like him over the last few games. Never understood his critics at all.

With Milner Won 2 Drawn 1 without milner lost the f***ing lot. 

Wise you are a prick for not giving him the 10K a week extra, because if any of our players actually deserved to be on 25-30k a week it was him (and shay given).

have you tried  looking at last season (january onwards) using that line of thinking ?