Newcastle United 1 - 2 Hull City - 13/09/08 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Did anyone realise that Hull were wearing our third kit shorts from last season? :lol:

Aye saw that while watching the game, they should have worn the whole kit, wasn't easy telling them apart with that dark top.

Yup, when i was watching it, the best way to tell them apart was the shorts. Fuckin awful clash of shirts.

Minutes before kick off after a poor shooting pratice the players are huddled near the centre circle. The ball falls to Ameobi who takes a touch to steady himself then plants the ball into the back of Steven Taylor's head! Taylor nearly knocked unconscious from 5 yards before kick off. I'm just surprised he managed to stay on his feet.

"Mauled by the tigers" - while putting their hands up like paws. Ive never bene so angry in my life!  :lol:

Simple solution, at the reverse fixture we should all sing "PECKED BY THE MAGPIES, YOU'RE GETTING PECKED BY THE MAGPIES" :lol:

Probably been said but the team we had to put out yesterday just hi-lighted the fact that our squad is far too thin. We have big problems ahead.

Yep,

This is why Keegan was also furious with the transfer window, he kept saying we need this and that but obviously whoever was making the final decision was not lsitening.

It all came home to roost yesterday.

Shola really out did himself yesterday.

Don't be silly, we have had the best transfer window in years, much better than some teams you know?  All our signings are real quality and we should be satisfied with the squad we have and very optimistic. :idiot2:

To be honest, we had enough problems with injuries, I thought Hughton's selctions yesterday were appalling. With a midfield lacking legs to begin with, it just made the situation worse by playing Ameobi instead of starting with Gonzalez or Bassong.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/61339

Londoner Wise was understood to be otherwise engaged at Charlton for the game with Wolves as coach Chris Hughton took charge of the team.

:clap:

It's stunning, the club who pays his wages is managerless and that shitbag goes to watch another team, tosser.

Or he's doing his job  ???

Looking at Mick McCarthys side which is packed with young players who can play first team football, many of them brought into the club by Mick, the likes of Kightley, Jarvis, Vokes , Ebanks-Blake, Shackell & Stearman. Which complements there own youth proudcts like: Hennessey,  Davies & Murray

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/61339

Londoner Wise was understood to be otherwise engaged at Charlton for the game with Wolves as coach Chris Hughton took charge of the team.

:clap:

It's stunning, the club who pays his wages is managerless and that shitbag goes to watch another team, tosser.

Or he's doing his job  ???

The job as described when he was appointed or the one we were told he had last week?

Cant be arsed to trawl through this entire thread so dont know if it has been mentioned but WTF were hull thinking believing they could come here and wear an all GREY strip when we play in black and white???

They should have been in their home strip ffs. Someone should be sacked tbh.

I thought Hughton's selctions yesterday were appalling. With a midfield lacking legs to begin with, it just made the situation worse by playing Ameobi instead of starting with Gonzalez or Bassong.

Agree.  :thup:

Bassong should of started Left-Back; we needed N'Zogbia in midfield giving us some sort of threat running from midfield with the absence of Guetirrez.

I thought Hughton's selctions yesterday were appalling. With a midfield lacking legs to begin with, it just made the situation worse by playing Ameobi instead of starting with Gonzalez or Bassong.

Agree.  :thup:

Bassong should of started Left-Back; we needed N'Zogbia in midfield giving us some sort of threat running from midfield with the absence of Guetirrez.

This

The managerial crisis didn't help the team, the fans didn't help the team and injuries didn't help the team, but yet I'm still find there display a complete let down.

The players that were put on the park were good enough to beat a Hull side missing it's two better players. They weren't too old, they weren't lacking quality, they just weren't good enough and that's down to them and there complete lack of professionalism.

Guest Howaythetoon

The managerial crisis didn't help the team, the fans didn't help the team and injuries didn't help the team, but yet I'm still find there display a complete let down.

The players that were put on the park were good enough to beat a Hull side missing it's two better players. They weren't too old, they weren't lacking quality, they just weren't good enough and that's down to them and there complete lack of professionalism.

We were shown just how important spirit, confidence, belief, trust, faith and leadership is to a group of players regardless of their ability and just how fickle talent can be on its own without any back-up. I absolve the players of any blame. To me they worked hard and tried their best while not being at their best and I can accept that and pardon it in the circumstances.