Jak Alnwick

Thespence

In the Premier League games in which Alnwick has completed 90 minutes the opposition have had a total of 17 shots on target (according to the BBC stats), 13 of those shots have resulted in goals. 13 out of 17 :lol: :facepalm:

We should sign a goalkeeper tomorrow - I'm amazed we've picked up a few points whilst he's been in goal.

In the Premier League games in which Alnwick has completed 90 minutes the opposition have had a total of 17 shots on target (according to the BBC stats), 13 of those shots have resulted in goals. 13 out of 17 :lol: :facepalm:

We should sign a goalkeeper tomorrow - I'm amazed we've picked up a few points whilst he's been in goal.

That's as horrific as I thought it may be. :lol:

That's as horrific as I thought it may be. :lol:

My mate text me that stat and I didn't think it would be as bad. I've just counted them and it really is that bad :lol:

I feel awful piling in on the lad because he didn't ask to be put in this position, but bloody hell, you've got to at least make some saves. He doesn't have to be perfect. He doesn't even have to attain the heady heights of being called "average" but he has to be at least capable of doing the basics. There were far too many times today when he could have comfortably just grabbed the ball and instead he chose to tip it out for a corner or punch it. Really made some very ordinary shots look spectacular and that has been the case since he was first dropped into this mess. Shocking that he is even an option really, but when you've got your manager going into a season and he has no idea if his 3rd choice keeper is even any good then this is what you get I guess.

Need to loan someone and we need to do it now.

Wow thats more saves than I thought he had. Didn't see the game today, did he stop like 3 shots today?

Wow thats more saves than I thought he had. Didn't see the game today, did he stop like 3 shots today?

They had 4 shots on target today.

his period in goal just goes to show how important a good keeper is, what previously was a solidish enough defense has turned to shit because they clearly have no faith in him and its unsettling them enough to throw them off enough

Could argue was poor communication for the first and I felt he could have saved the 2nd one wasn't that much pace on it. Positioning was very poor for the third, need someone in quickly.

Guest alijmitchell

Doesn't stand a chance with anything bar the last one tbf to him.

Dunno - positioning was fairly cack for the second

Doesn't stand a chance with anything bar the last one tbf to him.

its more than the shot stopping (which any keeper should be good at) its the organisation and giving his defenders a kick up the ass when they're putting him under pressure unnecessarily a good keeper will ooze confidence, Alnwick looks like he wants to find somewhere to hide tbh