Jak Alnwick

Thespence

In the Premier League games in which Alnwick has completed 90 minutes the opposition have had a total of 17 shots on target (according to the BBC stats), 13 of those shots have resulted in goals. 13 out of 17 :lol: :facepalm:

We should sign a goalkeeper tomorrow - I'm amazed we've picked up a few points whilst he's been in goal.

So these games are:

Arsenal (a) L 1-4

mackems (h) L 0-1

Manure (a) L 1-3

Everton (h) W 3-2

Burnely (h) D 3-3

Total goals against: 13

Also got the league cup defeat at Spurs (a) L 0-4

So, 17 goals in 6 games. Jesus.

In the Premier League games in which Alnwick has completed 90 minutes the opposition have had a total of 17 shots on target (according to the BBC stats), 13 of those shots have resulted in goals. 13 out of 17 :lol: :facepalm:

We should sign a goalkeeper tomorrow - I'm amazed we've picked up a few points whilst he's been in goal.

So these games are:

Arsenal (a) L 1-4

mackems (h) L 0-1

Manure (a) L 1-3

Everton (h) W 3-2

Burnely (h) D 3-3

That fella saves though

Seems like we all agree that Jak Alnwick is shite, still he is chosen before Freddie Woodman.

Is really Woodman that bad?

I'd be surprised if he isn't. Goalkeeping takes experience. Moreso than any other position. Without it you're going to be shit unless you have crazy talent.

Seems like we all agree that Jak Alnwick is shite, still he is chosen before Freddie Woodman.

I'd be surprised if he isn't. Goalkeeping takes experience. Moreso than any other position. Without it you're going to be shit unless you have crazy talent.

:thup: Woodman got passed off by Hartlepool when he went on loan though because he wasn't up to it.

So these games are:

Arsenal (a) L 1-4

mackems (h) L 0-1

Manure (a) L 1-3

Everton (h) W 3-2

Burnely (h) D 3-3

That fella saves though

:lol:

Seems like we all agree that Jak Alnwick is s****, still he is chosen before Freddie Woodman.

I'd be surprised if he isn't. Goalkeeping takes experience. Moreso than any other position. Without it you're going to be s*** unless you have crazy talent.

I agree that the kids take time to learn when to come for crosses, when to punch etc but the third goal against Burnley has to be saved. His reach is too small, his dive too late and his wrists too weak. Something like 19 shots on target have resulted in 13 goals. Blame the defence for that as well mind.

The problem with him is there will always be mistakes by him apart from goals he concede. Have a look at every game he's played and there's dodgy handling, positioning. You might have one or two clangers once a while, but not every game ffs.

To say he's a kid and he shouldn't be put under pressure is a joke. Krul has faced it before and we could see his talent. Honestly tell me what aspect of Alnwick's game tells you he has what it takes to become a top class keeper? None.

Football league keeper at best.

That one on Thursday where they hit the post twice in quick succession was horrendous.  Looked like a pub keeper.

:thup: Woodman got passed off by Hartlepool when he went on loan though because he wasn't up to it.

At the club, working with his dad.  Was given his place in the England set up by Gareth Southgate, who also happens to be a close friend of his dad and his godfather.  Doesn't sound like nepotism to me.

So these games are:

Arsenal (a) L 1-4

mackems (h) L 0-1

Manure (a) L 1-3

Everton (h) W 3-2

Burnely (h) D 3-3

That fella saves though

Not great on crosses

etc etc etc

I remember a sign outside a church years ago stating "Jesus saves". Someone scribbled on "but Shearer nets the rebound".

So these games are:

Arsenal (a) L 1-4

mackems (h) L 0-1

Manure (a) L 1-3

Everton (h) W 3-2

Burnely (h) D 3-3

That fella saves though

Not great on crosses

etc etc etc

I remember a sign outside a church years ago stating "Jesus saves". Someone scribbled on "but Shearer nets the rebound".

Was this round by Cullercoats? I seem to remember this too...

Couple of good saves on the highlights, one in particular was pretty sensational.

It was unbelievable, up there with Krul / MYM at Spurs last year for not believing it didn't go in. Few poor punches and kicks again mind.

How long it take for keepers to be "match fit" :lol:

Depends which club they are at. At a normal club it'd be a week at the longest. Here it'll be four weeks with constant "meanwhile, goalkeeper Tim Krul is set to miss out on the weekends clash with Chelsea/Southampton etc..."

The most impressive accomplishment on his CV when all is said and done will be "Made #1 save in 2015 FA Cup 3rd Round in defeat to Leicester."

I've never bet against us but I'm tempted to put a large sum of money on Chelsea this weekend due in large part to his incompetence.