West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Would be nice to have a centre midfielder on the pitch that could pass the ball forward. We are so slow to attack. Duff, N'Zogbia havent played badly and Geremi has put some decent balls in, other than that, shite all round!

Aye it's definitely Keegan's fault like. :lol:

He would be the one getting the blame for a performance like this, just like Hughton is. Neither of them put this squad together. Four of the starting eleven are definitely good enough to play in the Premiership, one of them's out of position and one other player is a maybe. All hail the system.

curbishley walked for the same reasons and west ham dont look too bad cos the board decided to go out and get a new manager asap. we cant do that while the club is up for sale and are stuck with a coach amazingly out of his depth, so expect this shit to continue until the ownership issue is sorted. im apathetic atm but the longer it continues the worse our situation becomes and thats when we'll start to collectively shit ourselves.

still, only 2 goals down - make a few changes and we're back in this....  :doh:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Aye it's definitely Keegan's fault like. :lol:

He would be the one getting the blame for a performance like this, just like Hughton is. Neither of them put this squad together. Four of the starting eleven are definitely good enough to play in the Premiership, one of them's out of position and one other player is a maybe. All hail the system.

Aye we were far better off under Shepherd.

How can anyone say KK is blameless in this? Yeah he had a right to walk but if he really cared so much, he would have at least thought 'the fans have been through enough the last 5 years, let's see if i can work on it till Jan, the teams been playing well and signings have still been good' he then could have quit after that. I'm sorry but to say he has a right to walk after 1 transfer window, where he could've worked out his issues, is about as rose-tinted as it gets tbh.

Anyone else just got a great feeling of apathy to what's happening at the minute? I'm seriously losing the will.

Yeap. It's like all feeling has died pretty much, I hate that I could feel like this but I think this whole episode has been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Although at the same time I think many will have expected this today as well. It's easy people saying even if we scored their emotion wouldn't change, but deep down I think it would for most, otherwise why bother supporting the club :lol:

What a load of s****. What has Keegan done wrong exactly? He felt he couldn't work in the circumstances, he is right to walk.

ffs he can sound out the problem earlier, he can held a last minute meeting with Ashley before walking out without notice, he can try the new squad before doing anything....THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS HE CAN DO OTHER THAN JUST WALK OUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRANSFER WINDOW AND CLAIM THIS IS "FOR THE LOVE OF THE FANS" WTF IS THIS LOGIC!?

Among the many problems here is that this expected result continues to put the club into a greater and greater downward spiral. 

As we fail to achieve results, we creep closer to relegation and the uncertainty within the squad grows.  As we look less attractive to a potential buyer, Ashley's continued insistence on making megabucks on any potential purchase of the club looks less and less likely, meaning he just won't sell up.  If he doesn't sell up, we will not have a stable manager, and without a stable manager, we won't get any results...and the whole spiral begins anew, only deeper.

I've never felt this resigned to failure before.  But I have never wanted to be wrong more in my life.

Guest timmy boy

I don't feel apathetic I feel angry.

Difference now to say under the other 3 shower's of shit  we had before Keegan is that we actually looked a good side in the first couple of matches this season  and if we signed a couple more then we could of had a good campaign. Instead in true NUFC style we self implode in the way only we know how and some how manage from going from looking a decent outfit to a manger less, clueless team in the space of a few weeks.

Guest Jawesome

Hughton should have started with Geremi and Bassong as fullbacks with N'Zogbia and Duff on the wings, Nacho in midfield to replace Cacapa.

Not sure what he's thinking with this line up.

Got to be a fitness thing surely.

No matter what happened I find it so hard to accept that Keegan was happy to let this happen.

He knew the players would crumble like this surely.

How could someone who loves the club allow this? Surely he could have waited till the summer having started the season? Or he should have just left earlier in the summer.

This is heartbraking. So so disgusted and dissapointed.

Think I'll just ignore everything Newcastle till we have a new owner and/or manager. We are in big trouble here guys.

still blaming keegan  :lol: :weep:

this state of limbo will continue until the club has been sold, sadly. ashley needs to hurry the f*** up.

I'm past the blame games. I just wonder why Keegan would leave at such an awkward time. If things were so bad he should have left ages ago. His timing has screwed us over very very very badly.

I'm not even sure Ashley is in a hurry to sell the club tbh. I'm a bit worried about it, as he is only going to be looking out for his own interests. Getting the club relegated won't be in his best interests but what is to stop him waiting until at least January to get what he wants?

We could be in this state for a long while yet, which is just so demoralising.

How can anyone say KK is blameless in this? Yeah he had a right to walk but if he really cared so much, he would have at least thought 'the fans have been through enough the last 5 years, let's see if i can work on it till Jan, the teams been playing well and signings have still been good' he then could have quit after that. I'm sorry but to say he has a right to walk after 1 transfer window, where he could've worked out his issues, is about as rose-tinted as it gets tbh.

to me it looks like that is just what he did - ie, decided to work on through it until the end of the window. yet people are, bemusingly, accusing him of 'lying' for doing that.

the problem here is the root cause, the thing that caused problems for the manager and that ultimately goes back to the owner/system, everything else has snowballed from there - keegan's discontent, the fans reaction, ashley's flounce, the team in limbo

Guest sittingontheball

Its sickening to give goals away that easily, especially after doing it last week as well.

If we don't rearrange things and stick at it, this could get embarrassing.

Anyone else just got a great feeling of apathy to what's happening at the minute? I'm seriously losing the will.

I've been known to swear, hoy the remote control and punch various objects when we concede but I find myself not even bothered - a new feeling that tells me I'm on the verge of having had enough.

Couldn't agree more. On top of the entire debacle of Keegans demise, what's the point really when it's already abundantly clear we'll finish between 9th-15th and go nowhere in the cups? Its been clear since September 1.  And I don't think it will feel any better if some zillionaire buys the club and gets in 15 'galacticos'...