West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Colo and Taylor spit roasted by average players.  Shocking!  

Tbh its hardly a great time to judge them, defending is about being confident, and making a confident and whole-hearted decision. With confidence so low, they'll be making half hearted and slow decisions, which leads to mistakes.

This could turn into a rout now - can see that the players have absolutely zero confidence which is no surprise. I bet Mike Ashley and Wise are laughing their tits off.

The sheer amount of strolling around when the ball is no more than 10 yards away is shocking.  It's reminiscent of our poorest movement under Souness.

Scott Parker still runs like a velociraptor though so that's giving me some cheer.

The horrible thing is that I'll be expecting performances of this nature for as long as Ashley is on his way out and Hughton is temp boss (nothing really against the guy, we really need someone with real managerial experience and motivational skills right now is all).

Embarrassing defending. Coloccini can't match Cole physically and Taylor is clueless to Di Michele's movement. Butt can't pass, Cacapa in midfield isn't even funny, Zog isn't a left back and Edgar is a poor centre half playing right back.

Pretty depressing.

You're spot on, tbf.

No matter what happened I find it so hard to accept that Keegan was happy to let this happen.

He knew the players would crumble like this surely.

How could someone who loves the club allow this? Surely he could have waited till the summer having started the season? Or he should have just left earlier in the summer.

This is heartbraking. So so disgusted and dissapointed.

Think I'll just ignore everything Newcastle till we have a new owner and/or manager. We are in big trouble here guys.

We have the making of a good side, but injuries are taking there toll on the depth of the squad. We can't change the side to have a great impact because the bench is weak. Maybe bring on Gonzalez and Bassong, but I wouldn't get the younger players involved in this game.

Out of todays line up I would say Edgar, Butt, Duff and Cacapa are or should be on the way out at the end of the season. Everyone else could possibly play to a top 8 standard, some even higher. I'm not expecting a result today, but we need to change the plan on the field and most certaintly off it if we want to improve and stop the rot settling in further.

This could turn into a rout now - can see that the players have absolutely zero confidence which is no surprise. I bet Mike Ashley and Wise are laughing their tits off.

I hope KK is watching this, and i hope feels guilty about leaving the club he so cares about in limbo i'm as annoyed with him as anyone else.

Guest Jawesome

This is what Ashley wants.

Course he does.

Pointless comment.

It's his way of sticking two fingers up to us.  Get us relegated and fuck off.

Guest timmy boy

No matter what happened I find it so hard to accept that Keegan was happy to let this happen.

He knew the players would crumble like this surely.

How could someone who loves the club allow this? Surely he could have waited till the summer having started the season? Or he should have just left earlier in the summer.

This is heartbraking. So so disgusted and dissapointed.

Think I'll just ignore everything Newcastle till we have a new owner and/or manager. We are in big trouble here guys.

It's hard to criticise without knowing the ins and outs but I agree, walking out has really fuked us over and it's showed these last two games.

This is what Ashley wants.

Course he does.

Pointless comment.

It's his way of sticking two fingers up to us.  Get us relegated and f*** off.

The more we lose, and the further we drop, the lower the club's worth goes. Ashley wants us to succeed as much as anyone, otherwise he doesn't get his money.