West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Anyone else just got a great feeling of apathy to what's happening at the minute? I'm seriously losing the will.

I've been known to swear, hoy the remote control and punch various objects when we concede but I find myself not even bothered - a new feeling that tells me I'm on the verge of having had enough.

Couldn't agree more. On top of the entire debacle of Keegans demise, what's the point really when it's already abundantly clear we'll finish between 9th-15th and go nowhere in the cups? Its been clear since September 1.  And I don't think it will feel any better if some zillionaire buys the club and gets in 15 'galacticos'...

I'd rather we got someline like Martinez in and tried to rebuild the club whilst retaining a semblance of relevance to the city in which we are based and our fans.

Others feel differently, but to me a team bought by a zillionaire and filled from 1 - 11 with £20m players would not be Newcastle United.

Man City fans will find this out, the football may be good but they will lose the affintiy between players and fans.

Oh and Wise out!

:thup: :thup: :thup:

The special thing about the Bobby and Keegan (1st) eras was that it was a Newcastle United. It was our team, our players - we unearthed them, developed them, made them what we were. Rather than simply buying the obviously best players aeound, a la Chelsea/City. Which is why i like the system that we've got in place now, it's just crucifying that it couldn't have worked with Keegan.

I've turned it off now.  Fuck this.  Fuck.  This. 

If you're one of the retarded cunts who thinks only ashley is to blame or only keegan or hughton or maybe only wise or geremi, go fuck yourself because this is a total team effort committed to failure.  The responsibility of the shambles before you belong to all parties involved.

I love the irony of Hughton getting stick for a poor performance, when he didn't compile the squad of players he's working with*. What would be the difference if Keegan was still here?

*Hilariously he probably had some input, of course.

The fact is there are players on the bench who should be on the field.

Hughton cannot be blamed because he didn't apply for the manager job, but he has done a bad job of putting out the right teams.

Edgar? When bassong is on the bench?

Cacapa in midfield?

Crazy stuff.