Joe Kinnear

Skirge

Guest Howaythetoon

I feel sorry for the poor bastard and the players he will struggle to get the most out of because lets face it, I'm Michael Owen and some mate of Wise comes in and tells me to do this and that knowing he'll be gone before too long, I'd say fuck that for a game of laughs. Good luck to the bloke though, I remember him well as a manager for Wimbledon, seemed a genuine bloke who loved the game. Bet he can't believe his luck. Back to the appointment, this is an empty gesture in reality, someone to take Houghton out of the firing line and to show fans that something is being done but it won't change things. The sooner the club gets sold the better :(

Guest LucaAltieri

I have to say, I was reasonably impressed by his interview with 5 Live.  No bullshit, no illusions, no false optimism, just an eagerness for the challenge ahead. 

Just listened to it.

Love his honesty.

Seems both Kinnear and Newcastle are after the same thing; a chance to restore some dignity and win back some pride.

This appointment might turn out to be better than it first sounded.

I feel sorry for the poor b****** and the players he will struggle to get the most out of because lets face it, I'm Michael Owen and some mate of Wise comes in and tells me to do this and that knowing he'll be gone before too long, I'd say f*** that for a game of laughs. Good luck to the bloke though, I remember him well as a manager for Wimbledon, seemed a genuine bloke who loved the game. Bet he can't believe his luck. Back to the appointment, this is an empty gesture in reality, someone to take Houghton out of the firing line and to show fans that something is being done but it won't change things. The sooner the club gets sold the better :(

This.

Cant see him improving anything, but that will work to his advantage because there will be even less than a minority that think different.

He has been out of the game 4 years let alone managing in the top flight.

I hold no ill feeling to the man and will back him completely whilst he is here but (like Souness) its a shocking state of affairs he even has this opportunity.

Joe Kinnear comes in to try & help us, the fans need to get behind him and the team 100% tomorrow - make the place rock. The last thing we need is for the fans to have faces like smacked arses again. Hopefully we have hit the bottom and onwards and upwards. Hard to believe maybe but things should improve from here.

Meanwhile my anger towards Ashley and his crew increases with each passing day for what they've reduced the club to in the last couple of weeks.

Guest Brazilianbob

Having heard him on Sky and the beeb etc I think he could be just the man for NUFC.  He came across as an intelligent and articulate communicator who is under no illusions as to the task ahead of him.

If he does well the new owners may see fit to make his position permanent. 

Guest elbee909

Having heard him on Sky and the beeb etc I think he could be just the man for NUFC.  He came across as an intelligent and articulate communicator who is under no illusions as to the task ahead of him.

If he does well the new owners may see fit to make his position permanent. 

Wouldn't go that far but definitely wish the bloke well.

Can't fault the bloke's realism and honesty. Just a bit bemused why a Ashley and Wise and co think

a bloke who hasn't had a job for several years and with no real long term track record of success

will do a better job than the current caretaker manager who has been working with the players for months.

He came across well in the interview I saw. He seemed to have his head screwed on and was very honest. :)

Seemed to have a handle on the situation and might just get the players up for it tomorrow. We badly need a result and I'm a lot more confident about getting one than I was 24 hours ago.

He's walked into this knowing we're a fucking shambles and he's going to do his best for us. I hope he does the trick.

Can't fault the bloke's realism and honesty. Just a bit bemused why a Ashley and Wise and co think

a bloke who hasn't had a job for several years and with no real long term track record of success

will do a better job than the current caretaker manager who has been working with the players for months.

It could be that Hughton might not want to do the caretaker job anymore and his current extra responsibilities must be having an effect on the job he's actually paid to do.  In the current situation freeing Hughton of those duties  could be more important than the job Kinear himself does.

It could be that Hughton might not want to do the caretaker job anymore and his current extra responsibilities must be having an effect on the job he's actually paid to do.  In the current situation freeing Hughton of those duties  could be more important than the job Kinear himself does.

There may actually be some logic in that. For what it's worth I think we will beat Blackburn tomorrow, so hopefully he will inherit a team on a winning "streak".

I have to say, I was reasonably impressed by his interview with 5 Live.  No bullshit, no illusions, no false optimism, just an eagerness for the challenge ahead. 

Just listened to it.

Love his honesty.

Seems both Kinnear and Newcastle are after the same thing; a chance to restore some dignity and win back some pride.

This appointment might turn out to be better than it first sounded.

Just hope he doesn't go on too good a winning run or may get the job full time like Roeder!  :dave:

There may actually be some logic in that. For what it's worth I think we will beat Blackburn tomorrow, so hopefully he will inherit a team on a winning "streak".

not so much a streak more a casual stroll

Good luck to him, if it goes well for him then it goes well for us, he's better than Hughton because he'll carry the authority of a manager instead of a coach.

At least he's coming in with a realisation of his position and a hunger to do well so that he can get back into management.

Good luck to him, if it goes well for him then it goes well for us, he's better than Hughton because he'll carry the authority of a manager instead of a coach.

At least he's coming in with a realisation of his position and a hunger to do well so that he can get back into management.

FFS! How in the f***ing world can he carry any more authority than Hughton? He’s been out of the game for four years, he was sacked (I think) by Forest and he’s only got a four week contract. The Players will all know he not be here in five weeks time. How can he bollock someone who’s not pulling his weight? It’s a tragic state of affairs. Ashley wants a good slapping tbh. Piss poor management, shocking decision making and timing. There is no easy way out of this situation and I can honestly see no difference bring made by this joke of an appointment.

We are a laughing stock, an embarrassment and I’ve little doubt we’ll be relegated if the club is not sold in the next month. Err yes Relegated, err.. no doubt.

FFS! How in the f***ing world can he carry any more authority than Hughton? Hes been out of the game for four years, he was sacked (I think) by Forest and hes only got a four week contract. The Players will all know he not be here in five weeks time. How can he bollock someone whos not pulling his weight? Its a tragic state of affairs. Ashley wants a good slapping tbh. Piss poor management, shocking decision making and timing. There is no easy way out of this situation and I can honestly see no difference bring made by this joke of an appointment.

We are a laughing stock, an embarrassment and Ive little doubt well be relegated if the club is not sold in the next month. Err yes Relegated, err.. no doubt.

He carries more authority because he's the manager, not a coach who will have been one of the boys.  I have no doubt that he'll bollock players if needed and they'll have no option but to do what he tells them.

I feel sorry for the poor b****** and the players he will struggle to get the most out of because lets face it, I'm Michael Owen and some mate of Wise comes in and tells me to do this and that knowing he'll be gone before too long, I'd say f*** that for a game of laughs. Good luck to the bloke though, I remember him well as a manager for Wimbledon, seemed a genuine bloke who loved the game. Bet he can't believe his luck. Back to the appointment, this is an empty gesture in reality, someone to take Houghton out of the firing line and to show fans that something is being done but it won't change things. The sooner the club gets sold the better :(

This.

Cant see him improving anything, but that will work to his advantage because there will be even less than a minority that think different.

He has been out of the game 4 years let alone managing in the top flight.

I hold no ill feeling to the man and will back him completely whilst he is here but (like Souness) its a shocking state of affairs he even has this opportunity.

Agree with both of you. Wish I had a spare 100m floating about.

Good luck to him though. Nothing at all against the guy.

FFS! How in the f***ing world can he carry any more authority than Hughton? Hes been out of the game for four years, he was sacked (I think) by Forest and hes only got a four week contract. The Players will all know he not be here in five weeks time. How can he bollock someone whos not pulling his weight? Its a tragic state of affairs. Ashley wants a good slapping tbh. Piss poor management, shocking decision making and timing. There is no easy way out of this situation and I can honestly see no difference bring made by this joke of an appointment.

We are a laughing stock, an embarrassment and Ive little doubt well be relegated if the club is not sold in the next month. Err yes Relegated, err.. no doubt.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard and the players he will struggle to get the most out of because lets face it, I'm Michael Owen and some mate of Wise comes in and tells me to do this and that knowing he'll be gone before too long, I'd say fuck that for a game of laughs. Good luck to the bloke though, I remember him well as a manager for Wimbledon, seemed a genuine bloke who loved the game. Bet he can't believe his luck. Back to the appointment, this is an empty gesture in reality, someone to take Houghton out of the firing line and to show fans that something is being done but it won't change things. The sooner the club gets sold the better :(

That argument doesn't wash with me - it speaks volumes to the player's professionalism. And that's an individual decision, in that each player must decide whether to accept this temporary authority figure, or not.

If I were Kinnear that is exactly how I'd start training on Monday, by appealing to the player's professionalism, to their ethic and pride. Something like "The whole world is laughing at us, let's leave the board room shit in the board room and pull together for one month and go from there". Except with more enthusiasm and authority :lol:

HTT says "Back to the appointment, this is an empty gesture in reality, someone to take Houghton out of the firing line and to show fans that something is being done but it won't change things. The sooner the club gets sold the better :(" - very true, matters are dire and this situation must be resolved swiftly. The ball is in Ashley's court...